Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Chargers didn't have more Pro Bowlers or All-Pros than the Cowboys.
    am i reading it wrong? i could be honestly

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys

Pro Bowlers: Tyron Smith, LT (6); Zack Martin, RG (5); DeMarcus Lawrence, DE (2); Ezekiel Elliott, RB (2), Byron Jones, CB (1)

That Jones earned his first Pro Bowl spot justifies the team's decision to move him to cornerback but also raises a question about why the Cowboys moved him to safety full-time after his rookie season. Jones has not recorded an interception this season, but he has given up just one touchdown all season and that was on a 2-yard catch. Lawrence leads the team with 8.5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss and 34 quarterback pressures. Elliott, who leads the NFL with 1,349 yards, returns to the Pro Bowl after leading the NFL in rushing in 2016 as a rookie. Smith is the first pure tackle for the Cowboys to be selected for the Pro Bowl six straight years since Hall of Famer Rayfield Wright from 1971 to '76. Martin has now made the Pro Bowl in each of his first five seasons.

Did you know? With Jones making the Pro Bowl, the Cowboys have had 10 draft picks earn bids to the all-star game since 2010, as he joins Dez Bryant, Sean Lee, Smith, DeMarco Murray, Travis Frederick, Martin, Lawrence, Elliott and Dak Prescott. -- Todd Archer

Los Angeles Chargers

Pro Bowlers: Philip Rivers, QB (8); Mike Pouncey, C (4); Melvin Ingram, DE (2); Melvin Gordon, RB (2), Keenan Allen, WR (2); Derwin James, S (1); Adrian Phillips, ST (1)

Headed to the playoffs for the first time since 2013, it makes sense for the Chargers to have more than a handful of players headed to the Pro Bowl. James quickly ascended to being one of the best safeties in the game as a rookie, and the addition of Pouncey has been one of the keys to improvement for a Bolts offense that is averaging 28 points per game, No. 4 in the NFL.

Did you know? The seven Pro Bowlers for the Chargers is the most in the NFL this year, and the most for the team since the 2007 season, when the Chargers had 10 players make the trip to Hawaii. -- Eric D. Williams

i mean i guess rivers was only good because of the amount of pro bowl players he had on this team and it having onothing to do with him having those pro bowl players because of how good he was? interesting hot topic take though....pro bowlers lmfao my god.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    am i reading it wrong? i could be honestly

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys

Pro Bowlers: Tyron Smith, LT (6); Zack Martin, RG (5); DeMarcus Lawrence, DE (2); Ezekiel Elliott, RB (2), Byron Jones, CB (1)

That Jones earned his first Pro Bowl spot justifies the team's decision to move him to cornerback but also raises a question about why the Cowboys moved him to safety full-time after his rookie season. Jones has not recorded an interception this season, but he has given up just one touchdown all season and that was on a 2-yard catch. Lawrence leads the team with 8.5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss and 34 quarterback pressures. Elliott, who leads the NFL with 1,349 yards, returns to the Pro Bowl after leading the NFL in rushing in 2016 as a rookie. Smith is the first pure tackle for the Cowboys to be selected for the Pro Bowl six straight years since Hall of Famer Rayfield Wright from 1971 to '76. Martin has now made the Pro Bowl in each of his first five seasons.

Did you know? With Jones making the Pro Bowl, the Cowboys have had 10 draft picks earn bids to the all-star game since 2010, as he joins Dez Bryant, Sean Lee, Smith, DeMarco Murray, Travis Frederick, Martin, Lawrence, Elliott and Dak Prescott. -- Todd Archer

Los Angeles Chargers

Pro Bowlers: Philip Rivers, QB (8); Mike Pouncey, C (4); Melvin Ingram, DE (2); Melvin Gordon, RB (2), Keenan Allen, WR (2); Derwin James, S (1); Adrian Phillips, ST (1)

Headed to the playoffs for the first time since 2013, it makes sense for the Chargers to have more than a handful of players headed to the Pro Bowl. James quickly ascended to being one of the best safeties in the game as a rookie, and the addition of Pouncey has been one of the keys to improvement for a Bolts offense that is averaging 28 points per game, No. 4 in the NFL.

Did you know? The seven Pro Bowlers for the Chargers is the most in the NFL this year, and the most for the team since the 2007 season, when the Chargers had 10 players make the trip to Hawaii. -- Eric D. Williams
    I'd guess that's a list before the alternates, which for Dallas were Dak, Cooper and LVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I'd guess that's a list before the alternates, which for Dallas were Dak, Cooper and LVE.
    yup... players dropped out etc... when first announced the chargers led the league in pro bowlers.... i like to do my home work before i post things : )

yup... players dropped out etc... when first announced the chargers led the league in pro bowlers.... i like to do my home work before i post things : )
    Now do the homework on All-Pros.

also it cant be just being pushed out or being downed by sliding or kneeling.... if that was the case cam would not be at the 740 the stat showed... these have to be actual tackle type hits because if they were using guys being pushing out or touched when sliding you could just grab sacks/rushing att and cam would be like 1200 plus i believe.
    A "hit" is any forceful touching (basically anything more than getting hands on someone). A "hit" can be a head on collision, a sack, a push out of bounds, or even a throwaway. A "hit" can't occur on slides (unless refs just hate you), untouched TDs, or voluntary runs out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Heard today a bunch of Colts fans have been calling demanding season ticket refunds lol. Can't say I blame them.
    Not real colts fans.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Tom Brady's career will be literally at least four times longer than Andrew Luck's. Brady already has as many rings as Luck had seasons (if you don't count 2017, when Luck did not play). That's the difference between protecting your quarterback against the pass rush and not protecting your quarterback against the pass rush.
    In summary, this whole situation was brought upon by the Colts management/coaching staff and Luck himself.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why do you feel you are entitled to dictate what Luck SHOULD do?
    Luck can do whatever the hell he wants to do, no one is trying to dictate Luck's life, my push back is more directed towards the people who say what Luck did was "courageous" or "what the fans did was disgusting"

What Luck did was easy, what he did was selfish, and guess what? He has every right to be selfish and put his well being before anything else, but don't tell me being selfish is courageous (not you per say, just people) so what does that make being selfless?

What Luck did was easy, The hard thing to do is give back to the game you don't love anymore not for yourself but for others, not because he owes the fans anything, because he doesn't, but realizing when he makes a commitment it's not just with the team but the city/fans as well (considering the season was 2 weeks away and he's already gone through OTA's, training camp and pre-season, well, I call that commitment)

Yes, Luck has every right to do what he did and doesn't owe the fans a thing but the fans have every right to be upset not because their "entitled" but because they were just blindsided with someone they've invested so much emotional capital in at the last second

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Not real colts fans.
    I'd be pretty bummed if I paid a couple grand and my starting QB retired two weeks before the season starts. I've thought about buying PSLs for Carolina but if I knew Cam wasn't going to play I'd absolutely back out.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Luck can do whatever the hell he wants to do, no one is trying to dictate Luck's life, my push back is more directed towards the people who say what Luck did was "courageous" or "what the fans did was disgusting"

What Luck did was easy, what he did was selfish, and guess what? He has every right to be selfish and put his well being before anything else, but don't tell me being selfish is courageous (not you per say, just people) so what does that make being selfless?

What Luck did was easy, The hard thing to do is give back to the game you don't love anymore not for yourself but for others, not because he owes the fans anything, because he doesn't, but realizing when he makes a commitment it's not just with the team but the city/fans as well (considering the season was 2 weeks away and he's already gone through OTA's, training camp and pre-season, well, I call that commitment)

Yes, Luck has every right to do what he did and doesn't owe the fans a thing but the fans have every right to be upset not because their "entitled" but because they were just blindsided with someone they've invested so much emotional capital in at the last second
    Are there definitive reports that he doesn’t love the game anymore? For all you know this could’ve been the hardest decision in his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

For any of you that are really top notch and very good and value add at your job/company, if you leave either to retire, try something new or for a better opportunity and only leave 2 weeks notice (customary) you are making a selfish move which is your right to do. 2 week notice is barely better than no notice and it is your right to do it if you think it is best for you. The analogy in the work place to Luck is you could give your company 6 months notice. Guess what? Luck didn't know until he knew that it was time, just like you in the workplace. By the way, it's not as if Andrew Luck was going to be ready to start the season. His leg injury was not healing and he was going to start the season on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    For any of you that are really top notch and very good and value add at your job/company, if you leave either to retire, try something new or for a better opportunity and only leave 2 weeks notice (customary) you are making a selfish move which is your right to do. 2 week notice is barely better than no notice and it is your right to do it if you think it is best for you. The analogy in the work place to Luck is you could give your company 6 months notice. Guess what? Luck didn't know until he knew that it was time, just like you in the workplace. By the way, it's not as if Andrew Luck was going to be ready to start the season. His leg injury was not healing and he was going to start the season on the shelf.
    But I bought a jersey!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    There's no equivalent to real life with sports. Nothing 99.9% of us do with work relates to Andrew Luck at all.

For anyone calling Luck a coward, go read Rich Ohrnbergers tweet on his own retirement. Spot on.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast