Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dwightmare 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

What are you talking about? How does Melo being "held hostage" until Jan. 22 negatively impact the team? The negative impact was the bad start they had with him on the roster and the other failed offseason acquisitions (MCW and Ennis). Him technically being on the roster after his last game on Nov. 8 had zero impact on the product on the court because he wasn't actually suiting up at that point.

Is Tilman cheap? Absolutely. Did Morey have to find a taker to dump his contract? Sure. But he's Daryl freaking Morey—he can find someone to take on a veteran minimum contract. The contract itself was low-risk. It wasn't the contract that was the problem; it was Melo's play on the floor that was the issue.

Bottom line: A minimum contract is a minimum contract. They aren't hard to move if a guy doesn't work out. That's not the risk you're taking with guys like Dwight or Melo. The risk is their impact on the floor and (potentially) in the media and locker room.
    The negative media black cloud for one, especially for the entire month of November. Having the capability to make a clean break, would've been very advantageous to the Rockets. In the Lakers shoes, it will help substantially in freeing up that roster spot, they will obviously need if this Howard project fails.

For example, if Dwight can't make it to opening night because of injury (most likely his back), then with the Lakers adding in the exhibit 9, they can cut him and only owe him $6,000.

Past that if he acts out or gets hurt prior to January 7th, they can waive his contract without needing any help from any other team or providing a future asset, that they sorely don't have.

You can call an apple an orange, but it doesn't make it true. The Lakers just did a much better job of protecting themselves from a former star and toxic personality. It's just the fact of the matter

The Dwightmare was in Orlando. The Lakers should be lucky to have the guy given what they were working with at center before he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    The Dwightmare was in Orlando. The Lakers should be lucky to have the guy given what they were working with at center before he signed.
    I can say this, I saw some signs while he was in DC

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    True

Seems there's always reports of players jumping for joy once Howard is traded off the team. Also bit toxic in the locker room. Yeah i'm sure LeBron will keep him in check or he will be waived.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Gotta love people like yourself that immediately go to insulting the team I'm a fan of. Classic clueless response to deflect from the fact that you are trying to knock Curry down a level with a more than ignorant argument that he didn't win without talent. Nobody did, not even your precious Lakers.
    That's exactly what I said lol, you have some understanding issues man.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456