Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81

Thread: Dwightmare 2.0

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,848
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Of course I do. And in case it's not clear, Curry creates the best situation for role players and superstars alike. They ALL thrive with him because he is a selfless superstar. A born winner. Lebron? He ain't that. And he's damn sure no Jordan.
    Wait, what???? You can't be serious.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    I'm kinda surprised by this. I didn't think he'd want to sign with the Lakers even if they wanted him and especially not for a nonguaranteed contract. My guess is there weren't any other teams offering him a chance to start.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Wait, what???? You can't be serious.
    What part confuses you? I'm not breaking news here. LeBron's sheer talent level will propel most teams over the top (against the East specifically), bit in no way do I think his teams are the best versions of themselves that they could be. With Curry, you get the best, most efficient versions of his teammates (you're going to see the same thing with Russell in 2 months). Duncan was the same way. Selfless superstars that everyone wants to play with. Lebron is definitely not that .

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,892
    I'm sorry, but only a Warriors fan would say something so absurd as calling Curry a "born winner" and saying Lebron isn't one. That might be the worst take I've seen on PSD in a while, and that includes buckalis and his totally ridiculous posts that are illegible half the time. I'd love to see someone actually defend Curry's track record as a "born winner" against Lebron's. It would not go well...


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm sorry, but only a Warriors fan would say something so absurd as calling Curry a "born winner" and saying Lebron isn't one. That might be the worst take I've seen on PSD in a while, and that includes buckalis and his totally ridiculous posts that are illegible half the time. I'd love to see someone actually defend Curry's track record as a "born winner" against Lebron's. It would not go well...
    Sure pal.

    Well, besides having by far the best multi-year PIPM (best teammate/opponent adjusted on/off stat available) the last 6 years since he has had the reigns for GS (Lebron is not top 3), he has been the focal point for a dynasty. Both drawing in fringe stars to thrive under his lead in complimentary roles (Iguodala), and superstars to join him in the hopes of winning their first title.

    Have you ever once read a report or even a rumor that a player was dissatisfied with their role in Golden State because of Curry. No, it's the polar opposite. The coach, GM and players have done nothing but rave about him all decade. Lebron? Lmfao. Where do you want me to start? With the star players who warn other star players about the concessions you have to deal with in playing with him? With the litany of coaches that he regularly torments until they are fired? With his own former GM saying that life with Lebron was inorganic, unsustainable and did not appear to have a winning drive after they finally got a title in Cleveland?

    And wake me up when Steph Curry ever gives up on his team mid series ala Boston in the ECF before he left the franchise, or the Mavs in the Finals. Again, his sheer talent was enough to put him over the top more often than not, but they are not in the same world as far as the conducivenes to creating a winning/lasting culture for a franchise. Curry is in the Duncan mold. Lebron is damn sure not that.
    Last edited by tredigs; 08-26-2019 at 03:35 PM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,848
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    What part confuses you? I'm not breaking news here. LeBron's sheer talent level will propel most teams over the top (against the East specifically), bit in no way do I think his teams are the best versions of themselves that they could be. With Curry, you get the best, most efficient versions of his teammates (you're going to see the same thing with Russell in 2 months). Duncan was the same way. Selfless superstars that everyone wants to play with. Lebron is definitely not that .
    I'm gonna need you to elaborate on this because I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are saying that LeBron's star teammates' PPG goes down when playing with him? Are you referencing the fact that Love and Bosh turned into stretch guys when they started playing with LeBron? Do you think either of these facts diminishes the championship equity they added to their teams?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I'm gonna need you to elaborate on this because I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are saying that LeBron's star teammates' PPG goes down when playing with him? Are you referencing the fact that Love and Bosh turned into stretch guys when they started playing with LeBron? Do you think either of these facts diminishes the championship equity they added to their teams?
    Concerning the PF's, I'm less concerned with the stats diminishing then I am with Bosh openly warning Kevin Love that playing with Lebron can be extremely frustrating, and Kevin Love later openly revealing that there were "dark times" playing with Lebron. I'm speaking to the fact that a dark cloud surrounds most of his teams. Constant controversy involving frustrated teammates and coaches that he openly disrespects on the floor if things are not going well at the time. Again, I'm not breaking any news here. You have followed his career, yes? He's an All Time Great talent, but he's no Curry, Duncan, Russell, etc when it comes to building an elite winning culture.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,848
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Concerning the PF's, I'm less concerned with the stats diminishing then I am with Bosh openly warning Kevin Love that playing with Lebron can be extremely frustrating, and Kevin Love later openly revealing that there were "dark times" playing with Lebron. I'm speaking to the fact that a dark cloud surrounds most of his teams. Constant controversy involving frustrated teammates and coaches that he openly disrespects on the floor. Again, I'm not breaking any news here. You have followed his career, yes? He's an All Time Great talent, but he's no Curry, Duncan, Russell, etc when it comes to building an elite winning culture.
    Lol "Elite winning culture" doesn't come from a single player. That's such a misnomer almost to the point where I don't want to continue this conversation. To credit Curry specifically over a litany of influences from Steve Kerr to Joe Lacob is just absurd. Sure Curry has been great, but he's had a great front office and coaching staff nearly his entire tenure in Golden State. You give LeBron that kind of stability he may not have ever left Cleveland. Your argument may hold a little more weight if Curry retires, Kerr leaves and the front office changes and Golden State continues to compete at a high level. Until then, this argument it bull ****.

    an you link me the Bosh and Love quote? As far as I know Wade, Bosh and Love have nothing but positive things to say about LeBron.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Lol "Elite winning culture" doesn't come from a single player. That's such a misnomer almost to the point where I don't want to continue this conversation. To credit Curry specifically over a litany of influences from Steve Kerr to Joe Lacob is just absurd. Sure Curry has been great, but he's had a great front office and coaching staff nearly his entire tenure in Golden State. You give LeBron that kind of stability he may not have ever left Cleveland. Your argument may hold a little more weight if Curry retires, Kerr leaves and the front office changes and Golden State continues to compete at a high level. Until then, this argument it bull ****.

    an you link me the Bosh and Love quote? As far as I know Wade, Bosh and Love have nothing but positive things to say about LeBron.
    Of course the culture is more than a player, but when you have a multi-MVP generational player (that these two are), that players actions are going to set the tone for how a franchise is operated. Steve Kerr was a rookie coach, he stepped in line and helped cultivate what was already being manifested there. He had to stay home for a few months with a bad back while another very green rookie assistant in Luke Walton stepped in? No problem. They won virtually every game. Curry did the same thing at Davidson when he turned a team that hadn't made the NCAA tournament in 30 years into the Cinderella team that was knocking down the top teams in the nation while he was leading the NCAA in scoring and shattering 3pt records.

    You can Google the Love and Bosh comments yourself. They will be next to he articles about the coaches he has had fired, the players he has had traded, and the GM who put him on blast. While you're googling, try to find me ONE article (I'll settle for one sentence) that paints Steph Curry in a negative light coming from a former player, coach or executive.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    You know who else set the tone for a **** culture despite being a dominant force? Dwight Howard. So it's good to see these two found each other lol.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,848
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Of course the culture is more than a player, but when you have a multi-MVP generational player (that these two are), that players actions are going to set the tone for how a franchise is operated. Steve Kerr was a rookie coach, he stepped in line and helped cultivate what was already being manifested there. He had to stay home for a few months with a bad back while another very green rookie assistant in Luke Walton stepped in? No problem. They won virtually every game. Curry did the same thing at Davidson when he turned a team that hadn't made the NCAA tournament in 30 years into the Cinderella team that was knocking down the top teams in the nation while he was leading the NCAA in scoring and shattering 3pt records.

    You can Google the Love and Bosh comments yourself. They will be next to he articles about the coaches he has had fired, the players he has had traded, and the GM who put him on blast. While you're googling, try to find me ONE article (I'll settle for one sentence) that paints Steph Curry in a negative light coming from a former player, coach or executive.
    Alright well for starters, the LeGM thing was total nonsense. Coming straight from David Griffin himself:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment..._legm_myth_he/

    So you can take that off the table. Zero evidence that he's ever gotten a player traded, or even gotten a coach fired.

    Speaking of nonsense, the "dark times" comment is also bull ****. If anything this quote paints LeBron in a positive light.

    “You have to be resilient. I had a lot of hard nights. There were dark times. But I always believed keep fighting, I was stubborn about it. And LeBron makes sure you have a chance to win every year. He’s gotten a lot of guys rings. You’re going to win at the highest level. We won and we bonded and we’re going to continue this brotherhood.”

    It's well known that Kevin Love has dealt with this fair share of mental health issues. To paint it as if LeBron is the source of his issues is honestly kind of ****** man.

    Same with the Bosh quote.

    “Yeah, it’s a lot more difficult taking a step back, because you’re used to doing something a certain way and getting looks a certain way. And then it’s like, well, no, for the benefit of the team, you have to get it here.”

    How is this a poor reflection of LeBron? It's clear Bosh was struggling to come to terms with being the third option on a new team after being a franchise centerpiece for 6 years.

    As for the Curry talk, I don't why you think Steve Kerr missing games and the Warriors still having success is entirely a credit to Curry and no one else. By this logic, we should applaud LeBron for having three different head coaches in three years and still winning 50+ games right? Because he's such a winning culture oriented player.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,848
    Also, should we comb through all of the antagonistic behavior Michael Jordan demonstrated during his career? Its pretty well known that MJ is super intense, and can be tough to play alongside at times. Does he not contribute to a "winning culture" because of this?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    Bro it is no secret that Love and Lebron did not like each other. Did you forget the open "you need to get in or get out" tweet from Lebron (clearly referencing Love). A player concerned with the right culture does not tweet that, he talks to the man. And God help you if you are ignorant enough go not think Bron has made sure players were traded and coaches were fired. He openly disrespects his coaches in front of his team. He did this over and over again IN THE NBA Finals to David Blatt. Marc Stein has a whole piece on this after he sat behind their bench for a game. When you go see him live and his teammates mess something up, his passive aggressive or just downright open disdain is palpable. Michael Jordan would get in their face occasionally - more famously in practice - but he's not out there throwing any players or coaches under the bus in public with his actions. With LeBron, you're either doing it his way or you're packing your bags. That is the culture he has set with every team he has ever been on.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,892
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Sure pal.

    Well, besides having by far the best multi-year PIPM (best teammate/opponent adjusted on/off stat available) the last 6 years since he has had the reigns for GS (Lebron is not top 3), he has been the focal point for a dynasty. Both drawing in fringe stars to thrive under his lead in complimentary roles (Iguodala), and superstars to join him in the hopes of winning their first title.
    Cool use of a totally obscure stat no one has ever heard or uses on a regular basis. I'll go ahead and trust literally every other stat that proves Lebron to be the historically superior basketball player.

    Have you ever once read a report or even a rumor that a player was dissatisfied with their role in Golden State because of Curry. No, it's the polar opposite. The coach, GM and players have done nothing but rave about him all decade. Lebron? Lmfao. Where do you want me to start? With the star players who warn other star players about the concessions you have to deal with in playing with him? With the litany of coaches that he regularly torments until they are fired? With his own former GM saying that life with Lebron was inorganic, unsustainable and did not appear to have a winning drive after they finally got a title in Cleveland?
    Today I learned that being a nice, agreeable person makes you a "born winner" and being an alpha dog who rubs people the wrong way automatically eliminates you from being one. Cool story. Except that likeability and success are not remotely directly connected. If they were, then Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant would have zero rings.

    Some people don't like playing with Lebron. But a lot of guys do, which is why he's been able to help build contenders pretty much everywhere he's gone. Curry has helped recruit guys, but is it really that hard to recruit players when you were drafted to an uber-talented team in an attractive market with quality ownership and diehard fans? Playing in Golden State pretty much sells itself.

    And wake me up when Steph Curry ever gives up on his team mid series ala Boston in the ECF before he left the franchise, or the Mavs in the Finals. Again, his sheer talent was enough to put him over the top more often than not, but they are not in the same world as far as the conducivenes to creating a winning/lasting culture for a franchise. Curry is in the Duncan mold. Lebron is damn sure not that.
    Feel free to wake me up when Curry becomes the dominating force in the postseason that Lebron is. You can bring up every obscure BPM stat on the planet to make your case that Curry is the better player, but I'll gladly point to every postseason number on the planet where Lebron destroys Curry and am happy to pull up highlight reel after highlight reel of Lebron dominating in the playoffs and Curry, well... not.

    You want a stat that proves "born winner?" How about this one?

    Finals MVPs in championship seasons:
    Lebron James: 3/3
    Steph "Born Winner" Curry: 0/3


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    542
    Why is he gonna wear number 39? How odd, lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •