Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwightmare 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Im glad they went with Howard. He had a 30/30 game 18 months ago and hes a good fit Bron and Rondo just like Javale.

He brings a much needed physicality
    Physicality? Dwight is the softest jacked 7 footer I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    A born winner? As good as he is he was lucky to have a super team around him, and honestly winning 3 titles out of 6 years with the kind of team he had isn't very impressive, let's see how he does without KD, DMC, Iggy and Livingston, something tells me his winning days are already behind him at only 31.
    something tells me you missed the playoffs. He had a more impressive run than peak Kobe without KD and it's not the first time.
    Last edited by tredigs; 08-25-2019 at 09:43 AM.

A born winner? As good as he is he was lucky to have a super team around him, and honestly winning 3 titles out of 6 years with the kind of team he had isn't very impressive, let's see how he does without KD, DMC, Iggy and Livingston, something tells me his winning days are already behind him at only 31.
    Who has won multiple titles without a **** load of help? LeBron sure as **** hasn't, Jordan didn't, Shaq and Kobe didn't, Duncan didn't, Bird and Magic didn't. I love that dumbass argument against Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    something tells me you missed the playoffs. He had a more impressive run than peak Kobe without KD and it's not the first time.
    A more impressive run than peak Kobe? Why? Because you said so? You're funny, just because you claim something doesn't mean it's true, bring something with your argument or shut up already.

A more impressive run than peak Kobe? Why? Because you said so? You're funny, just because you claim something doesn't mean it's true, bring something with your argument or shut up already.
    When did Kobe do anything other than miss the playoffs or lose in the first round without arguably the best front court in the NBA? Oh that's right, never.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Who has won multiple titles without a **** load of help? LeBron sure as **** hasn't, Jordan didn't, Shaq and Kobe didn't, Duncan didn't, Bird and Magic didn't. I love that dumbass argument against Curry.
    I smell a winless jazz fan here, of course they all had some help that's why saying that Curry is a born winner and not lebron is pretty dumb, both would be winless without help, curry did nothing before getting a lot of help, that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    When did Kobe do anything other than miss the playoffs or lose in the first round without arguably the best front court in the NBA? Oh that's right, never.
    And what curry did without klay and green? Oh yeah same answer.

Of course I do. And in case it's not clear, Curry creates the best situation for role players and superstars alike. They ALL thrive with him because he is a selfless superstar. A born winner. Lebron? He ain't that. And he's damn sure no Jordan.
    Lol Lebron>>>Curry easily

Yeah, you know when he comes to numbers to leave Brons name out of your mouth.

Its a good option.

Not going to lie, if Im (probably wont pay the price) at the first game, once he steps on that court Im Booing the hell out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Physicality? Dwight is the softest jacked 7 footer I've ever seen.
    Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzszeBrAj5s

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So embarrassing lol, Harden just standing right next to them too watching it happen

Hes going to take on a role and Howard is still a great rebounder/rim protector so considering the price this is a low risk high reward move. Howard might even serve the Lakers better at the 5 than cousins if hes healthy and in shape.

Normally, I would say "Why not? It's a low-risk, high-reward signing." But I saw first-hand last season with the Melo experiment how a signing like this can go wrong. To me, I think this has the potential to be very similar to what happened with Meloa previous superstar past his prime who doesn't know how to change his game to fit a specific role needed by his team.

When Dwight was in Houston, he refused to be the pick and roll big man the Rockets wanted him to be. He left, and the Rockets were instantly better with Capela at center playing that role Dwight refused. Instead, Dwight wanted the ball in the low post, where he turns the ball over constantly and isn't nearly as efficient as you'd like to think. I haven't seen him play very much since he left, but I just don't know that his mindset has changed all that much.

If Dwight is willing to do the little things and admit that he's not a low post scorer, then this has the potential to still be a damn good signing. But if he's the same guy he was in Houston (albeit older and less physically imposing), then this could go badly for L.A. I understand the "Lebron can keep him in check" thought process, but that kind of begs the question "Do you really want a 33-year-old former star who you have to keep in check in the first place?"

It's telling to me that no winning basketball teams have had interest in acquiring Dwight since he left Houston. I'm just not sure he's capable of playing a winning brand of basketball. I guess we'll find out...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Normally, I would say "Why not? It's a low-risk, high-reward signing." But I saw first-hand last season with the Melo experiment how a signing like this can go wrong. To me, I think this has the potential to be very similar to what happened with Meloa previous superstar past his prime who doesn't know how to change his game to fit a specific role needed by his team.

When Dwight was in Houston, he refused to be the pick and roll big man the Rockets wanted him to be. He left, and the Rockets were instantly better with Capela at center playing that role Dwight refused. Instead, Dwight wanted the ball in the low post, where he turns the ball over constantly and isn't nearly as efficient as you'd like to think. I haven't seen him play very much since he left, but I just don't know that his mindset has changed all that much.

If Dwight is willing to do the little things and admit that he's not a low post scorer, then this has the potential to still be a damn good signing. But if he's the same guy he was in Houston (albeit older and less physically imposing), then this could go badly for L.A. I understand the "Lebron can keep him in check" thought process, but that kind of begs the question "Do you really want a 33-year-old former star who you have to keep in check in the first place?"

It's telling to me that no winning basketball teams have had interest in acquiring Dwight since he left Houston. I'm just not sure he's capable of playing a winning brand of basketball. I guess we'll find out...
    The key difference is Melo's deal was guaranteed and Dwight's isn't. If he messes up or gets hurt prior to January 7th, they just cut him and wash their hands of the situation. Get an open roster spot to sign someone else and nothing counts against their cap on the books, for Howard.

About as low risk as a veteran minimum contract can get.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast