Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81

Thread: Dwightmare 2.0

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    31,433
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Im glad they went with Howard. He had a 30/30 game 18 months ago and hes a good fit Bron and Rondo just like Javale.

    He brings a much needed physicality
    Physicality? Dwight is the softest jacked 7 footer I've ever seen.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    A born winner? As good as he is he was lucky to have a super team around him, and honestly winning 3 titles out of 6 years with the kind of team he had isn't very impressive, let's see how he does without KD, DMC, Iggy and Livingston, something tells me his winning days are already behind him at only 31.
    something tells me you missed the playoffs. He had a more impressive run than peak Kobe without KD and it's not the first time.
    Last edited by tredigs; 08-25-2019 at 09:43 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    A born winner? As good as he is he was lucky to have a super team around him, and honestly winning 3 titles out of 6 years with the kind of team he had isn't very impressive, let's see how he does without KD, DMC, Iggy and Livingston, something tells me his winning days are already behind him at only 31.
    Who has won multiple titles without a **** load of help? LeBron sure as **** hasn't, Jordan didn't, Shaq and Kobe didn't, Duncan didn't, Bird and Magic didn't. I love that dumbass argument against Curry.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    24,591
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    something tells me you missed the playoffs. He had a more impressive run than peak Kobe without KD and it's not the first time.
    A more impressive run than peak Kobe? Why? Because you said so? You're funny, just because you claim something doesn't mean it's true, bring something with your argument or shut up already.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    A more impressive run than peak Kobe? Why? Because you said so? You're funny, just because you claim something doesn't mean it's true, bring something with your argument or shut up already.
    When did Kobe do anything other than miss the playoffs or lose in the first round without arguably the best front court in the NBA? Oh that's right, never.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    24,591
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Who has won multiple titles without a **** load of help? LeBron sure as **** hasn't, Jordan didn't, Shaq and Kobe didn't, Duncan didn't, Bird and Magic didn't. I love that dumbass argument against Curry.
    I smell a winless jazz fan here, of course they all had some help that's why saying that Curry is a born winner and not lebron is pretty dumb, both would be winless without help, curry did nothing before getting a lot of help, that's a fact.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    24,591
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    When did Kobe do anything other than miss the playoffs or lose in the first round without arguably the best front court in the NBA? Oh that's right, never.
    And what curry did without klay and green? Oh yeah same answer.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,461
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Of course I do. And in case it's not clear, Curry creates the best situation for role players and superstars alike. They ALL thrive with him because he is a selfless superstar. A born winner. Lebron? He ain't that. And he's damn sure no Jordan.
    Lol Lebron>>>Curry easily

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,461
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    something tells me you missed the playoffs. He had a more impressive run than peak Kobe without KD and it's not the first time.
    Yeah, you know when he comes to numbers to leave Brons name out of your mouth.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    I'm Gonna Walk Hell Track, So Cal
    Posts
    1,508
    Its a good option.

    Not going to lie, if Im (probably wont pay the price) at the first game, once he steps on that court Im Booing the hell out of him.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,322
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Physicality? Dwight is the softest jacked 7 footer I've ever seen.
    Yep

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzszeBrAj5s

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So embarrassing lol, Harden just standing right next to them too watching it happen

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,207
    Hes going to take on a role and Howard is still a great rebounder/rim protector so considering the price this is a low risk high reward move. Howard might even serve the Lakers better at the 5 than cousins if hes healthy and in shape.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,805
    Normally, I would say "Why not? It's a low-risk, high-reward signing." But I saw first-hand last season with the Melo experiment how a signing like this can go wrong. To me, I think this has the potential to be very similar to what happened with Meloa previous superstar past his prime who doesn't know how to change his game to fit a specific role needed by his team.

    When Dwight was in Houston, he refused to be the pick and roll big man the Rockets wanted him to be. He left, and the Rockets were instantly better with Capela at center playing that role Dwight refused. Instead, Dwight wanted the ball in the low post, where he turns the ball over constantly and isn't nearly as efficient as you'd like to think. I haven't seen him play very much since he left, but I just don't know that his mindset has changed all that much.

    If Dwight is willing to do the little things and admit that he's not a low post scorer, then this has the potential to still be a damn good signing. But if he's the same guy he was in Houston (albeit older and less physically imposing), then this could go badly for L.A. I understand the "Lebron can keep him in check" thought process, but that kind of begs the question "Do you really want a 33-year-old former star who you have to keep in check in the first place?"

    It's telling to me that no winning basketball teams have had interest in acquiring Dwight since he left Houston. I'm just not sure he's capable of playing a winning brand of basketball. I guess we'll find out...


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Normally, I would say "Why not? It's a low-risk, high-reward signing." But I saw first-hand last season with the Melo experiment how a signing like this can go wrong. To me, I think this has the potential to be very similar to what happened with Meloa previous superstar past his prime who doesn't know how to change his game to fit a specific role needed by his team.

    When Dwight was in Houston, he refused to be the pick and roll big man the Rockets wanted him to be. He left, and the Rockets were instantly better with Capela at center playing that role Dwight refused. Instead, Dwight wanted the ball in the low post, where he turns the ball over constantly and isn't nearly as efficient as you'd like to think. I haven't seen him play very much since he left, but I just don't know that his mindset has changed all that much.

    If Dwight is willing to do the little things and admit that he's not a low post scorer, then this has the potential to still be a damn good signing. But if he's the same guy he was in Houston (albeit older and less physically imposing), then this could go badly for L.A. I understand the "Lebron can keep him in check" thought process, but that kind of begs the question "Do you really want a 33-year-old former star who you have to keep in check in the first place?"

    It's telling to me that no winning basketball teams have had interest in acquiring Dwight since he left Houston. I'm just not sure he's capable of playing a winning brand of basketball. I guess we'll find out...
    The key difference is Melo's deal was guaranteed and Dwight's isn't. If he messes up or gets hurt prior to January 7th, they just cut him and wash their hands of the situation. Get an open roster spot to sign someone else and nothing counts against their cap on the books, for Howard.

    About as low risk as a veteran minimum contract can get.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •