Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Just take the next two games and win the series. Iíll feel a lot better after that. Got thoroughly beat down last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got beat up from the feet up

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Just take the next two games and win the series. Iíll feel a lot better after that. Got thoroughly beat down last night.

We were metaphorically punched in the mouth yesterday. I don't think we were ready for it. It will be really telling how we respond today. The outcome isn't as important as how the team responds as a whole, especially since Gonsolin is going today and there's very few scenarios in which he would pitch a meaningful game. If guys come out and are focused and taking excellent at bats, then that is great sign. If that doesn't happen then we might have some work to do mentally before October.

Time for Jansen to come in and blow the game. Watch out for a Didi hr. Offense needs to put up 2-3 more runs or we might end up losing.

Jansen has to come through here

Jansen actually looked pretty good. The bases were loaded, but no one hit him. Those should have all been outs.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Time for Jansen to come in and blow the game. Watch out for a Didi hr. Offense needs to put up 2-3 more runs or we might end up losing.
    Negative Nancy.

I thought it should have been interference at 2nd because the Gardner came up with his arms. The slide was legal up until he came up with his upper body

New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I thought it should have been interference at 2nd because the Gardner came up with his arms. The slide was legal up until he came up with his upper body
    I personally thought the slide was legal, Iíll have to watch it again though. The sad part is that Torres ran home on that play with Muncy hurt on the floor and the umpires sent him back to 3rd and the Yankees supposedly plan on challenging that play with the league office because they think Torres shoulda scored.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I personally thought the slide was legal, Iíll have to watch it again though. The sad part is that Torres ran home on that play with Muncy hurt on the floor and the umpires sent him back to 3rd and the Yankees supposedly plan on challenging that play with the league office because they think Torres shoulda scored.
    I don't think it would matter if they challenge, because the umpire called time so the play was dead. No way to know for sure what would have happened since the umpire signaled time no one tried to go home. At most, the yankees would get an apology from the league. As for the slide, it's my understanding that the runner can't pop up into the defender (but I could be wrong) and if you look towards the end of the slide his arms/hands come up into Muncy (not by much, but it seemed to me that they make some contact). Nice win though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I don't think it would matter if they challenge, because the umpire called time so the play was dead. No way to know for sure what would have happened since the umpire signaled time no one tried to go home. At most, the yankees would get an apology from the league. As for the slide, it's my understanding that the runner can't pop up into the defender (but I could be wrong) and if you look towards the end of the slide his arms/hands come up into Muncy (not by much, but it seemed to me that they make some contact). Nice win though.
    Yeah thatís true, his hands did come up at the end there which I didnít see at first. By definition of the new rules that would be an illegal play but itís kinda ticky tack imo.

As far as the play with Torres, I agree. Nothing will probably come out of it, at the most the league office will probably apologize, if even that.

Your baby can't do this

Btw.. I mentioned last year that Jansens velocity seemed to be declining, and that was the beginning of his decline in play. Today his cutter was touching 96. Thatís faster than heís thrown in a year or two. Itís a good sign, hopefully he can keep it up there and not sacrifice on location because I think his cutter could be borderline unhittable at 94+ mph.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Btw.. I mentioned last year that Jansens velocity seemed to be declining, and that was the beginning of his decline in play. Today his cutter was touching 96. Thatís faster than heís thrown in a year or two. Itís a good sign, hopefully he can keep it up there and not sacrifice on location because I think his cutter could be borderline unhittable at 94+ mph.
    Are you sure it was his cutter hitting 96 or was it the four-seam fastball? It's hard to believe that his cutter hit 96 after being 91-92 mostly the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Are you sure it was his cutter hitting 96 or was it the four-seam fastball? It's hard to believe that his cutter hit 96 after being 91-92 mostly the past two seasons.
    It was a cutter, it had sharp movement towards the left handed batters box. He hit that I think twice during that last AB. Muncy was talking about it after the game that it had a ton of movement and looked like Jansens old self.

But yeah, it was surprising because he hasnít touched that in years.

Your baby can't do this

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast