Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 174
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,078

    Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres

    Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres

    Monday, August 26th 7:10pm TV: SNLA
    Dustin MayVS Eric Lauer

    Tuesday, August 27th 7:10pm TV: SNLA
    Walker Buehler VS Cal Quantrill

    Wednesday, August 28th 6:10pm TV: SNLA
    Kenta Maeda VS TBD

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    This umpire has a crazy wide strike zone so far

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Man, May has such nasty stuff

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Seager is starting to really come around. Its crazy that he's now tied for the lead in doubles because he got off the slow start and then missed substantial time due to injury

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,214
    That was one of the worst swings I've seen bellinger take in a long time. Chased a breaking ball low and waaay outside for strike 3. He's in a little rut, gotta work it out again

    Your baby can't do this

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That was one of the worst swings I've seen bellinger take in a long time. Chased a breaking ball low and waaay outside for strike 3. He's in a little rut, gotta work it out again
    Yep, it's inevitable in a long season. Smith is also starting to come down to earth a little.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, it's inevitable in a long season. Smith is also starting to come down to earth a little.
    Yea cold streaks will always happen no matter how good you are, but how fast you can snap out of your cold streak is what separates the good players from the great players.

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yea cold streaks will always happen no matter how good you are, but how fast you can snap out of your cold streak is what separates the good players from the great players.
    Yeah, big time. It's true in every sport. Usually, it seems like the great players are always on and it's because they come out of their slumps pretty fast. On the bright side May is throwing some nasty stuff tonight.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Kiki!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    It's easy to forget, but Kiki was taking excellent at bats the first 8 weeks of the season or so and was crushing the ball like twice a game, but was having really bad luck and just hitting it right at the defense. He then let that affect his approach at the plate and got into some bad habits. Before the injury it seemed like he had gotten back to his initial approach at the start of the season and it looks like he picked up right were he left off prior to getting hurt. Hopefully it continues.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Man, that's kind of inexcusable by the defense
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 08-27-2019 at 12:16 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yea cold streaks will always happen no matter how good you are, but how fast you can snap out of your cold streak is what separates the good players from the great players.
    There are cold streaks and then there's Cody consistently trying to pull an outside pitch.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,996
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    There are cold streaks and then there's Cody consistently trying to pull an outside pitch.
    Seager and Bellinger swinging at curveballs in the dirt is what stopped us from mounting a comeback in Game 7 of the WS two years ago.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Seager and Bellinger swinging at curveballs in the dirt is what stopped us from mounting a comeback in Game 7 of the WS two years ago.
    Nah, pretty sure it was us spotting them 5 runs in the first 2 innings. Besides, Bellinger has made incredible strides since his rookie season

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    There are cold streaks and then there's Cody consistently trying to pull an outside pitch.
    I've noticed that as well, but he wasn't cold during a lot of that stretch. I think he's cold now though swinging at bad pitches that are clearly out of the zone.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •