Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if the Bucks were prepared to make a king's offer to Vlade for Bogdan & Bjelica?

It has to be split into two parts because Matthews can't be traded until the 15th of December, but basically it is this trade I thought about:

Bucks receive: Bogdan Bogdanovic & Nemanja Bjelica

Kings receive: Wes Matthews & Erzan Ilyasova (to replace the missed players rolls) + Donte Divincenzo(combo guard) & D.J. Wilson(SF/PF/sbCF) on their rookie contracts, + a 1st (from pacers - no 15 to 18) + 2x2nd (from Pacers no 40-45)

Wouldn't that suit both teams perfect, since the Kings are investing on experience in half the team so that they can keep it going, but add youth and talent in the 2nd half of the team so that they can look to be contending in a couple of seasons?

What the Bucks are looking, is a player to replace Brogdons role (as much as possible) and another to replace Mirotic role...

Vlade loves Bogdanovic. Probably would need to be overwhelmed to trade him.

Fire Luke Walton

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Vlade loves Bogdanovic. Probably would need to be overwhelmed to trade him.
    I know he does... They are both coming from a different basketball culture... But then again it takes the coach to have the same culture and apply different game tactics than it is usual in the NBA in order to get the most out of Bogdan and Nemanja and the only two teams that do come close are the the Spurs (coach Pops) and the Bucks (coach Budenholzer)...

In any case, I believe what I propose should suit perfect both teams, cause the Kings have both Bogdan and Nemanja coming from bench and therefore it wouldn't affect much the team's performance if they replace them with Matthews and Ilyasova (in fact Ilyasova may be an improvement over Bjelica in the Kings system) and then the two youngsters on Divincenzo and Wilson, other than being very talented, they play on positions perfect to supplement the King's youth looking at the near future... and then there is the picks too...

I therefore think it serves both teams perfect in their very different goals for this season, since the Bucks want to win now and contend for the title, while the Kings are looking to keep the team going for this season (maybe try to enter the playoffs too at a low seed) and develop it further in order to be able and contend in the near future... I therefore think Divac would do it, cause above all he has a plan in his mind and this proposal looks to accelerate it...

Then there is also that both Hield and Bogdanovic are expiring this season (albeit both restricted) and it wouldn't be wise financially for the Kings to spend on both, cause by doing so, they would come close or exceed the lux tax threshold before more of their youth is eligible for contract extension in the following seasons...

I dont see any reason to make that trade. I consider Bogdan better than a mid to late 1st round pick and I could care less about 2nd round picks. Plus we are not looking to build for the future any more. Its time to make the playoffs now even if its a 8th seed.

I give that trade a zero percent chance of happening. Vlade is not going to make a trade that will weaken his chances for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Then there is also that both Hield and Bogdanovic are expiring this season (albeit both restricted) and it wouldn't be wise financially for the Kings to spend on both, cause by doing so, they would come close or exceed the lux tax threshold before more of their youth is eligible for contract extension in the following seasons...
    You just signed Wesley Matthews this year so the earliest you can trade him is Dec 15th or Jan 15th depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I dont see any reason to make that trade. I consider Bogdan better than a mid to late 1st round pick and I could care less about 2nd round picks. Plus we are not looking to build for the future any more. Its time to make the playoffs now even if its a 8th seed.

I give that trade a zero percent chance of happening. Vlade is not going to make a trade that will weaken his chances for this season.
    It will be extremely difficult to make the playoffs this season... The Kings will have to rank a seed above one team out of the Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets, Warriors, Blazzers and Spurs and will also have to leave all Thunder, Mavs and Pels behind them...

What you suggest then? Divac to spend some 70M on extending he salaries of Hield, Bogdan, Fox, Giles and Swanigan over the next two seasons, go into the lux tax, let Bjelica walk for nothing and stop investing in more young talent?

Sorry, but you don't make much sense buddy... With this suggestion of mine, the Kings do end up better this season (cause they gain talent and depth on the guards behind Fox and Hield, but also add significant power and depth in their frontcourt), but also accelerate the ability to be much more competitive in the near future...

It will be extremely difficult to make the playoffs this season... The Kings will have to rank a seed above one team out of the Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets, Warriors, Blazzers and Spurs and will also have to leave all Thunder, Mavs and Pels behind them...

What you suggest then? Divac to spend some 70M on extending he salaries of Hield, Bogdan, Fox, Giles and Swanigan over the next two seasons, go into the lux tax, let Bjelica walk for nothing and stop investing in more young talent?

Sorry, but you don't make much sense buddy... With this suggestion of mine, the Kings do end up better this season (cause they gain talent and depth on the guards behind Fox and Hield, but also add significant power and depth in their frontcourt), but also accelerate the ability to be much more competitive in the near future...
    its not going to happen. bogdon is the only player in your deal worth having. vlade is not even going to considrr this offer

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    its not going to happen. bogdon is the only player in your deal worth having. vlade is not even going to considrr this offer
    IMO, having both Divincenzo and Wilson included as well as the picks, it would make Vlade "jump off his chair"... He does love Bogdan, but he loves more turning the Kings into a great team in the near future... Obviously you undervalue Divincenzo and Wilson cause you haven't seen enough of them and you think Vlade hasn't either... but GMs of teams do watch all future possibilities that may merge in their path at sometime...

Another thing you don't count is that Vlade knows that the system his coach plays doesn't suit Bogdan's game to the best it could... He knows that Bogdan would show his abilities much better with the Spurs or the Bucks...

I'm not convinced.

Fire Luke Walton

IMO, having both Divincenzo and Wilson included as well as the picks, it would make Vlade "jump off his chair"... He does love Bogdan, but he loves more turning the Kings into a great team in the near future... Obviously you undervalue Divincenzo and Wilson cause you haven't seen enough of them and you think Vlade hasn't either... but GMs of teams do watch all future possibilities that may merge in their path at sometime...

Another thing you don't count is that Vlade knows that the system his coach plays doesn't suit Bogdan's game to the best it could... He knows that Bogdan would show his abilities much better with the Spurs or the Bucks...
    I appreciate your enthusiasm to improve your Bucks team, but your trade idea is nothing more than the usual fan trying to make a trade in their favor.

Bogdan is the best player in that trade and that trade has zero percent chance of happening.

Trying to convince someone they should make a trade because they can't afford the players is always a losing argument.

The future core of the Kings is Bogdan, Fox, Bagley, and Hield. I wouldn't expect any of those players to be moved unless its a lop sided trade in favor of the Kings.

Wesley Matthews is a shell of his former self and is now nothing more than a veteran minimum player.

Kings are not interested in more developing players. I have seen both Divincenzo and Wilson play but not enough to fairly evaluate them. Doesnt really matter because Vlade has basically said he is not looking to get more development players and both of these are development players.

Divincenzo really doesnt make sense, we might as well of kept Frank Mason jr.

2nd round picks are nothing more than throw in picks. We have like 7 of them over the next 3 seasons. You can buy a 2nd round pick for 2 million.

The Pacers pick won't be a lottery pick. We don't need a late mid to late round 1st round picks.

This trade in my opinion is nothing more than throwing a bunch of we don't want it picks and players for Bogdon.
    Last edited by Plague; 08-26-2019 at 10:13 PM.

The starting roster core of the Kings for the following years is: Fox, Hield, Barnes, ?????, Bagley... Bogdan is the 6th man on who the Kings make wrong use... Bogdan is a combo guard while the Kings make wrong use of him as a wing.

Divac is looking to add a starting a young PF in order to secure the team's future starting five, D.J. Wilson fits the bill perfect. The thing with Wilson, is that if the Bucks keep him, he will have to spend his entire career living under Giannis' shadow...

If Divac would be to keep Bogdan, his best use would be as a combo guard in order to back up FOX and Hield... this is something that Walton would never do (but the Bucks would). Nemanja's best use is at SF, this is again is something that Walton won't do (but the Bucks would)...

Divicenzo, is a young super athletic (he had the highest vertical at 42 inches among all last year's draftees) and ultra fast combo guard with iron made body who was given 15.2mins per game in the league's best record team, this says enough for his potential...

The thing is that the kid suffered "bilateral heel brusitis" (which affected his jumper) and due to being a rookie (and therefore a bit mindless) he was slow to go to his coach and tell him, but hide it instead in order to keep playing... As a consequence, after the coaching team found out (last January), they pulled his ear hard, ruled him out for the rest of the season and had him taking biological injection treatment so that problem vanishes... But they've also addressed one of Bud's assistant coaches to spend the summer with him back at Villanova where he has spend the whole summer working along with his ex-coach in order to have him back healthy and make back the time he lost.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=910539929344522

The thing is that the Bucks don't have the luxury of time in order to wait for DDV to develop his basketball IQ to the level needed in order for the team to contend for the title... DDV surely has the potential to replace Brogdon's absence, but this can't be by the time the playoffs come up...

In my mind (and given that my knowledge on the game isn't exactly what one would call "elementary"), Bogdan is the ideal player to fully replace Brogdon's role with the Bucks, but also, there isn't any other team in the NBA which can address Bogdan to that specific role... In the long term, DDV will prove better than Bogdan for the Kings needs, while Bogdan is ideal for the Bucks right now...

Fox is the starting point guard of the future and Bagley is the starting PF of the future. Bogdan being able to play 3 positions makes him more valuable than DDV or DJ.

Still not interested in being the team that trades the best player in the trade.

Never would happen.. came back with any other trade proposals.

The starting roster core of the Kings for the following years is: Fox, Hield, Barnes, ?????, Bagley... Bogdan is the 6th man on who the Kings make wrong use... Bogdan is a combo guard while the Kings make wrong use of him as a wing.

Divac is looking to add a starting a young PF in order to secure the team's future starting five, D.J. Wilson fits the bill perfect. The thing with Wilson, is that if the Bucks keep him, he will have to spend his entire career living under Giannis' shadow...

If Divac would be to keep Bogdan, his best use would be as a combo guard in order to back up FOX and Hield... this is something that Walton would never do (but the Bucks would). Nemanja's best use is at SF, this is again is something that Walton won't do (but the Bucks would)...

Divicenzo, is a young super athletic (he had the highest vertical at 42 inches among all last year's draftees) and ultra fast combo guard with iron made body who was given 15.2mins per game in the league's best record team, this says enough for his potential...

The thing is that the kid suffered "bilateral heel brusitis" (which affected his jumper) and due to being a rookie (and therefore a bit mindless) he was slow to go to his coach and tell him, but hide it instead in order to keep playing... As a consequence, after the coaching team found out (last January), they pulled his ear hard, ruled him out for the rest of the season and had him taking biological injection treatment so that problem vanishes... But they've also addressed one of Bud's assistant coaches to spend the summer with him back at Villanova where he has spend the whole summer working along with his ex-coach in order to have him back healthy and make back the time he lost.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=910539929344522

The thing is that the Bucks don't have the luxury of time in order to wait for DDV to develop his basketball IQ to the level needed in order for the team to contend for the title... DDV surely has the potential to replace Brogdon's absence, but this can't be by the time the playoffs come up...

In my mind (and given that my knowledge on the game isn't exactly what one would call "elementary"), Bogdan is the ideal player to fully replace Brogdon's role with the Bucks, but also, there isn't any other team in the NBA which can address Bogdan to that specific role... In the long term, DDV will prove better than Bogdan for the Kings needs, while Bogdan is ideal for the Bucks right now...
    Vlade envisions Bagley/Giles front court. They already have their PF and C of the future. Grabbing D.J. Wilson makes no sense considering what they think of Giles. Kings can keep Bogdan as their top 6th man backing up PG, SG, SF.

Fire Luke Walton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast