Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Some Random Declassified Stuff

Ok as a disclaimer, Buzzfeed is a pile of ****. I don’t go there. My wife sent me the link, I thought it was interesting and maybe you do too and I’ve had a few glasses of wine and it seems thread worthy right now. Maybe not tomorrow, but right now it is.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sydrobinson...nts-terrifying

The only ones I already knew were Northwoods, Tonawanda, and Guatemala.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew of Tonawanda, Guatamala, Cuba (Northwoods), and the sterilization of Native American women, and I had heard rumors of both Operation Climax and the Challenger story.

One doesn’t need a couple of drinks to take this in — if accurate, it’s pretty sobering.

Makes you wonder what other fun things we are currently funding.

That nuclear bomb is just a stone throw from me. It wasn't armed though -- so we are told.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I knew of Tonawanda, Guatamala, Cuba (Northwoods), and the sterilization of Native American women, and I had heard rumors of both Operation Climax and the Challenger story.

One doesn’t need a couple of drinks to take this in — if accurate, it’s pretty sobering.

Makes you wonder what other fun things we are currently funding.
    I would highly recommend reading “Confessions of an Economic Hitman”. Guatemala is the tip of the outrageous history of the CIA and US in South America.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I would highly recommend reading “Confessions of an Economic Hitman”. Guatemala is the tip of the outrageous history of the CIA and US in South America.
    I’m not gonna lie, I am pretty f uckin g depressed already, being as I am in the middle of reading David Wallace-Wells’ “The Uninhabitable Earth”. I might need a new dose of happy pills before I tackle another one, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion (and you might try the Wallace-Wells book if you are into climate change at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I’m not gonna lie, I am pretty f uckin g depressed already, being as I am in the middle of reading David Wallace-Wells’ “The Uninhabitable Earth”. I might need a new dose of happy pills before I tackle another one, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion (and you might try the Wallace-Wells book if you are into climate change at all).
    Sounds like Paul Ehrlich changed his name.

https://twitter.com/realalexrubi/sta...121876992?s=21

About 20 years ago there was a web address that was one letter off from a profession site I visited daily. The site was group of US intelligence and law enforcement that met regularly. One of the member agency's was the CIA and following a link I ended up on the CIA help wanted site. Reading the descriptions back then required reading between the lines but they needed people that could duplicate things and modify them for intelligence gathering activities.
    I sent a email to the Moderator at the FBI and told them the probably shouldn't be using a .com address that was open to the public. (Before search was prevelant you could type a name in the address bar, hit cntrl enter and it prepended http://www . and appended . com

Go here for the current site, the descriptions aren't as fun as they used to be
    https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/clandestine
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Sounds like Paul Ehrlich changed his name.
    Looks like Sluggo took a rare time out from the three stooges marathon to post yet another brilliant post.