Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many do the good guys win?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweep? - #BDizzle4Bae

0 0%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Boo

0 0%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Beau

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    This is my point. If I use statistics to PROVE my point, everyone will spin the stats the way they want them. "We've scored more than x amount of runs y amount of times, so therefore, we don't have a feast or famine offense", etc.

The stats can support whatever argument you want. It doesn't matter anymore.

Is anyone else watching the mother effing games?! Do you guys think this is normal? Do you think other offenses look this good, and then this bad, on a literal day-to-day basis?
    Yes. Basically every team goes through ebbs and flows. Every team has games where they donít hit. Does it happen less often for some teams? Sure. But it happens. You just donít know that because you donít follow every team. Everyone in here has blinders on when it comes to the Cubs so every struggle is magnified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    The stats are the facts. We went through this last week. You provided the data. This team is no more feast or famine than the rest of the NL contenders. We looked at their frequency of low scoring, high scoring and mediocre scoring games. They arenít an outlier.

If you have a case to make, make it. But youíve tried and havenít been able to do it yet. So until there is some evidence otherwise, Iíll assume that you do t understand how teams score runs. The cubs offense has low/mediocre/high scoring games at a normal rate.
    Except, I showed that they are an outlier, and everyone stuck their heads in the sand, and came up with wild reasons why they aren't. I promise you, this team has the highest standard deviation of runs scored per game of any team in baseball, by a lot.

That literally means, this team is, by definition, the most feast/famine of any team in baseball. We score a lot of runs often, and we score very few runs often. We don't score near our average as often as other teams.

Also, watch this team hit! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Assume the Cubs make the playoffs here. Question. Is there ANY chance Lester is left off the playoff roster all together if he can't right the ship?

Against LAD, probably not. Against Atlanta? I'm not sure.
    Probably a toss up between him and Hamels now for NLCS, neither are really going good...

NLDS, I'd sit both

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Wow. This is full on nonsense. It's clear you don't pay attention then. We don't have dead threads during blowouts or losses. Not at all. Only reason this one was is because it was a weekday day game. All losses/blowouts are the busiest threads because it's when everyone shows up to ***** and complain. You can look back at any thread over the year and see that when they are doing bad the IGT's are much much longer then when they are doing good. That's a fact. How in the world anyone could try to claim differently is beyond me.
    Also, we had over 900 posts during a 3 game sweep.

I expect the activity to pick up here when guys get off work, but we just got past 100 after the first game. Again, I expect more action to come.

Not sure about the argumentative tone, bro.

Assume the Cubs make the playoffs here. Question. Is there ANY chance Lester is left off the playoff roster all together if he can't right the ship?

Against LAD, probably not. Against Atlanta? I'm not sure.
    Thatíd what should happen. Against LA Iíd understand having him out there. Wouldnít love it but Iíd understand. But against anyone else? I mean heís just not good. If Hamels is healthy, Jon is number 5. That means heís out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Lester does suck now. Heís our fifth best starter. I hope Joe doesnít get in his own way and try to force him jnto a playoff rotation spot if we make it. We cannot trust the guy.

I might even say 6th. I think I would take Chatwood over Lester at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Probably a toss up between him and Hamels now for NLCS, neither are really going good...

NLDS, I'd sit both
    Hamels just isnít fully healthy/back yet. If he is and we get the first half Hamels, heís probably your Game 1/2 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

NLDS, I'd sit both
    If we play in the WC play in game and win, then we play LAD in the NLDS. In which case, both are on the roster for me. Against Atl? It's a really tough choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Hamels just isnít fully healthy/back yet. If he is and we get the first half Hamels, heís probably your Game 1/2 guy.

They got about 6 starts left each, if they're going to the playoffs, they're going to need both Hamels and Lester to get their games going again..

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Eh, post however you want. Where did I say not to? I do think you're a miserable ****ing fan of you've spent the last 5 years, the best in franchise history constantly *****ing and whining. If I thought "soft" existed that's what I'd call those people. 1 loss after a five game winning streak and you gotta cry and yell? Boohoo. Get over it
    Expectations rise so do the tensions.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 08-23-2019 at 05:36 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

If we play in the WC play in game and win, then we play LAD in the NLDS. In which case, both are on the roster for me. Against Atl? It's a really tough choice to make.
    I get that..

I also feel though if they cant stay ahead of the Cardinals to win the division, they may not win enough to stay ahead for a WC spot..

Nats will probably win more then both Cardinals and Cubs, and the Mets and Phillies are right behind them..

Nationals at Cubs IGT - 08.23-08.25 - BDizzle's Promise

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Except, I showed that they are an outlier, and everyone stuck their heads in the sand, and came up with wild reasons why they aren't. I promise you, this team has the highest standard deviation of runs scored per game of any team in baseball, by a lot.

That literally means, this team is, by definition, the most feast/famine of any team in baseball. We score a lot of runs often, and we score very few runs often. We don't score near our average as often as other teams.

Also, watch this team hit! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
    No, you didnít. You tried to make this flimsy case based on the number of times they scored exactly 2 runs and exactly 6 runs. But it was pure nonsense because it ignored all the times they scored every other amount. If you look at the number of times theyíve scored 0-3, 4-5 or 4-6, and 6 or 7+ itís about the same as every NL contender. They are not an outlier.

I do watch the games. Iím just not so stupid that I think other teams donít score the same way the Cubs do. Watch other teams, too. Or just look at the facts.

Is this team more feast or famine than every other team? Easy way to figure Iíd to see how often they feast (6 or 7+), how often they famine (0-3), and how often they are in between and then compare to everyone else. We did like like a week ago and it wasnít true.
    Last edited by CP_414; 08-23-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Well, that was a fun game of baseball.

Even more fun is what occurs on here after a game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    No, you didnít. You tried to make this flimsy case based on the number of times they scored exactly 2 runs and exactly 6 runs. But it was pure nonsense because it ignored all the times they scored every other amount. If you look at the number of times theyíve scored 0-3, 4-5 or 4-6, and 6 or 7+ itís about the same as every NL contender. They are not an outlier.

I do watch the games. Iím just not so stupid that I think other teams donít score the same way the Cubs do. Watch other teams, too. Or just look at the facts.
    I'm not going to rehash the argument. I see flaws in any statistical interpretation. Whether we look at ranges, or specific numbers, it doesn't matter. There are way too many other variables.

Today is the perfect example. We scored three runs. Statistically, that's a slightly below average day. In reality, our offense was absolute embarrassing trash today. The stats lie.

All I know is that I've watched a lot of baseball in my life, and this team goes through more offensive ups and downs than most. That's what's happening on the field whether you choose to see it or not.

I'm looking forward to September with this offense..

I really think once Contreras returns and Zobrist gets in there again, the offense gonna be more consistent in a good way.

Right now, they're not getting much help from the Catcher and 2B spots in the lineup..

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast