Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

NY Yankees @ LA Dodgers Aug. 23-25

Yankees visit Dodger Stadium for an interleague clash against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Yankees come into this matchup with an 83-45 record, and they will be looking to rebound after dropping a recent road game against the Oakland, 6-4. J.A. Happ received the starting nod for the Yanks, and he struggled as he gave up 5 earned runs in 4 innings. Tauchman had a solid game from the plate as he went 2 for 2 with 2 RBIs.

Yanks are set to start Paxton (9-6, 4.53 ERA) who struggled in his latest start as he gave up 4 earned runs in 5 innings against Cleveland. Paxton has not recorded a start against the Los Angeles Dodgers since the 2015 season, but he has struggled in 9 road starts this season as he is 4-3 with a 5.21 ERA.

New York is one of the best offensive teams in the league. The team’s .272 batting average is third in the league. Their .345 on-base percentage is also third, while their .487 slugging percentage is second in the league. The 753 runs they have scored lead the league.

DJ leads the team with a .334 batting average and 86 RBI, while Torres leads the team with 29 home runs.

New York’s pitching hasn’t been as good as the team’s offense. Opponents have a .253 batting average against the Yankees, which is 13th in the league. Their 4.52 ERA is 16th, while their 43 quality starts are 21st in the league.

The Dodgers come into this matchup with an 84-44 record, and they will be looking to continue their success after winning a recent home game against the Toronto Blue Jays, 2-1. Walker Buehler received the starting nod for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and he had success as he went 7 scoreless innings while striking out 8 batters. Max Muncy had a solid game from the plate as he contributed a solo-HR.

Offensively, the Dodgers are one of the best teams in the league. The team’s .261 batting average is ninth in the league. Their .343 on-base percentage is fourth, while their .479 slugging percentage is fifth in the league. The 711 runs they have scored is fourth in the league.

Cody Bellinger is one of the front-runners for the NL MVP award. He leads the team with a .317 batting average, 42 home runs, and 100 RBI.

LA's pitching is among the best in the league. Opponents have a .226 batting average against the Dodgers, which is second in the league. Their 3.33 ERA is first in the league, as is their 71 quality starts.

Fri, Aug 23 • 10:10 PM EDT

James Paxton
    LHP
    9-6, 4.53 ERA, 141 SO
    Paxton, who is 4-0 in four starts this month, has recorded a sub-4.00 ERA in each of his six Major League seasons, though he has reached double figures in victories just twice.

Hyun-Jin Ryu
    LHP
    12-3, 1.64 ERA, 126 SO
    Ryu’s Cy Young campaign gets an Interleague test against the Yankees, who beat him in their only meeting six years ago. He allowed back-to-back sixth-inning homers in Atlanta last weekend, his third multi-homer game of the year.

Sat, Aug 24 • 4:05 PM EDT

CC Sabathia
    LHP
    5-7, 5.01 ERA, 87 SO
    Barring a World Series rematch, this will be the final Dodger Stadium appearance for Sabathia, who is retiring after this season. He has pitched twice here, going 1-0 with a 1.20 ERA. He has excelled on the road in his career: 130-83 with a 3.82 ERA.

Tony Gonsolin
    RHP
    1-1, 3.00 ERA, 15 SO
    Gonsolin maneuvered through plenty of traffic in his four-inning start in Atlanta, but limited the damage to one run. The Yankees could prove something of an acid test in his ongoing tryout for a postseason role.

Sun, Aug 25 • 7:05 PM EDT

Domingo German
    RHP
    16-3, 4.15 ERA, 131 SO
    The Yankees realize that they must continue to treat German's valuable right arm with considerable care, given he just turned 27. As a result, German has averaged fewer than six innings per start this season.

Clayton Kershaw
    LHP
    13-2, 2.71 ERA, 147 SO
    Kershaw edged past Sandy Koufax in career victories in his last start, but it wasn’t pretty with three homers allowed and three walks in six innings against Toronto. He’s 19-4 with a 2.21 ERA in 37 career Interleague games.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-23-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

We win tonight 4-2 but Houston lost 8 in a row so it wouldn’t surprise me if we got swept too...

I just feel we win 2/3 this weekend.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-23-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Is this team capable of losing 7 in a row?

The 51-16 at Home Dodgers and the media is calling for a sweep...

Oakland is a house of horrors and their 2nd tier pitching beat us....2 of 3 from LA is top shelf....going against Top shelf pitching seems to flip a switch with this team....

2 of 3 will be Yankees!

Mark it down!

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Is this team capable of losing 7 in a row?

The 51-16 at Home Dodgers and the media is calling for a sweep...

Oakland is a house of horrors and their 2nd tier pitching beat us....2 of 3 from LA is top shelf....going against Top shelf pitching seems to flip a switch with this team....

2 of 3 will be Yankees!

Mark it down!
    It's all very simple really. For the Yankees to make it through the playoffs and win the World Series two things have to be in place.

We need to have good starting pitching. We don't and we won't.

We need to hit good pitchers. We can't and we won't.

We are a home run hitting team and when pitchers pitch away from our hitters hot zones...they are toast. Then they blame the ump. by yelling from the dugout and slamming the dugout ceiling. CRYBABIES WHEN THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY

Hopefully we get pitching in the off-season. 2019 is toast.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    It's all very simple really. For the Yankees to make it through the playoffs and win the World Series two things have to be in place.

We need to have good starting pitching. We don't and we won't.

We need to hit good pitchers. We can't and we won't.

We are a home run hitting team and when pitchers pitch away from our hitters hot zones...they are toast. Then they blame the ump. by yelling from the dugout and slamming the dugout ceiling. CRYBABIES WHEN THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY

Hopefully we get pitching in the off-season. 2019 is toast.
    Is that any different from crying to Admin when you don't like something?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

i just want a W
    remember when that chuck guy came in here with that 3 paragraph apology. I'm assuming he was taking meds and finally picked them back up again. Now i see he is off the meds and acting like a lunatic. Hmm wonder if hes gonna be racist this time.

Anyway lets get a win idc how it looks i just want to be victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsownsu View Post
    is that any different from crying to admin when you don't like something?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my sm-g973u using tapatalk
    lol

-- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    i just want a W
    remember when that chuck guy came in here with that 3 paragraph apology. I'm assuming he was taking meds and finally picked them back up again. Now i see he is off the meds and acting like a lunatic. Hmm wonder if hes gonna be racist this time.

In fairness, the poster banned for racist comments was NYCDRUMMER. Unless I missed something.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    i just want a W

That was Drummer

Chuck is a troll of the hypocritical type. When he's not attempting sell sodomy, he cries about this being family forum and the language used being offensive, except when it applies to him. He's the guy that would throw beer at your girl and then when he's about to get KTFO, he would call the cops and run away snickering.

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    In fairness, the poster banned for racist comments was NYCDRUMMER. Unless I missed something.
    Yes. He and Champagne with the benoit balls are no longer around.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What happened to YANKSGUY?

Have not seen his posts in over a month

5. 2009

We've been over this. You forgot the password

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

i just want a W

I can tolerate you being a troll...which you certainly are but at least be smart enough to get your facts straight. If you want to learn anything about baseball, especially the Yankees feel free to ask me. I know a great deal more than most of the posters here.
    Have fun trolling but be accurate!

Go Yankees!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That was Drummer

Chuck is a troll of the hypocritical type. When he's not attempting sell sodomy, he cries about this being family forum and the language used being offensive, except when it applies to him. He's the guy that would throw beer at your girl and then when he's about to get KTFO, he would call the cops and run away snickering.
    I will have to report you for being mean spirited. Thia is a family forum and that stuff is not allowed on PSD. Stick to Yankee baseball.

I was wondering the same. Last time he logged in was 7/15.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast