Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    That was an excellent game to watch. Fun 9th although we lost.

We would crush their pen in the WS.

But the bigger picture unfortunately shows we ain’t gonna make it that far.

1-5 vs playoff teams this week is awful.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

1-4 on the trip

Today was a must win IMO...

With tomorrow’s loss this team is reeling and will now have to watch and hold off the hard charging Rays!
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. She’s So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    1-4 on the trip

Today was a must win IMO...

With tomorrow’s loss this team is reeling and will now have to watch and hold off the hard charging Rays!
    After winning yesterday, today was not a must win. I assumed going into the series that yesterday would be a for sure loss.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    After winning yesterday, today was not a must win. I assumed going into the series that yesterday would be a for sure loss.
    I agree. Ravaging their best pitcher is a huge psychological boost, losing 2-1 hurts but not devastating.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

It doesn't even look or feel like a real Dodgers/Yankees series with these hideous uniforms. I prefer the colored ones from the past two years instead of these ones.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I was annoyed that the umpires cost the Yankees the tying run with their ineptitude. You can't have a live ball and a runner on his way home and have the defending team's pitcher ask for time when he doesn't have the ball and grant it. It's stupid in the extreme. Boone should have protested and if nothing else, it would have shed light on the awful game by the home plate umpire who also called a terrible game against the yankees hitters, including two high pitches against Torres in that ninth inning at bat, two high pitches against Sanchez and a low curve in the dirt against Tock-man.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree. Ravaging their best pitcher is a huge psychological boost, losing 2-1 hurts but not devastating.
    Dr, my point was we beat their best starter on Friday and faced a no name and couldn’t do anything against the AAA starter....A win on Sat would have put us in position to possibly sweep them and the A’s debacle is washed away.....

Yesterday’s loss was also devastating because the Stros just caught us after being 5 games behind us a week ago....

I also worry about things changing in Oct with regards to Yanks/ Twin.....We can’t assume they are going to be another Oct tomato can again....They are due to beat us in an Oct series eventually as things always seem to even out...They have the best offense in the league and we have a crummy rotation which sets up as a possible disaster for the Yanks if we play them in the ALDS....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-25-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. She’s So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Is this team capable of losing 7 in a row?

The 51-16 at Home Dodgers and the media is calling for a sweep...

Oakland is a house of horrors and their 2nd tier pitching beat us....2 of 3 from LA is top shelf....going against Top shelf pitching seems to flip a switch with this team....

2 of 3 will be Yankees!

Mark it down!
    Need I say more.

**** off. Where's my title

Dr, my point was we beat their best starter on Friday and faced a no name and couldn’t do anything against the AAA starter....A win on Sat would have put us in position to possibly swept them and the A’s debacle is washed away.....

Yesterday’s loss was also devastating because the Stros just caught us after being 5 games behind us a week ago....

I also worry about things changing in Oct with regards to Yanks/ Twin.....We can’t assume they are going to be another Oct tomato can again....They are due to beat us in an Oct series eventually as things always seem to even out...They have the best offense in the league and we have a crummy rotation which sets up as a possible disaster for the Yanks if we play them in the ALDS....
    Deep breath Nick. I'm not sure I agree there are "must" win games in August, granted every game counts but, imo while it would have been nice to win consequence mitigated by defeating their star so convincingly.

As Johnnyi points out above, the umps had a hand in this loss! The time out rules are a bit fuzzy, but how can time be called with a live ball in play? Surprised Boone let that one go. I can only imagine the tape review and umps explanation were enough to satisfy him?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Need I say more.
    I bet we beat Kershaw!

I feel this team is like the Dynasty teams when they kept the games close vs the elite pitchers and win in the late innings.

But there was no excuse on not beating that AAA starter on Sat.....
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I bet we beat Kershaw!

I feel this team is like the Dynasty teams when they kept the games close vs the elite pitchers and win in the late innings.

But there was no excuse on not beating that AAA starter on Sat.....
    I would agree except for our pitching. The dynasty teams had tons of that. This team has very little

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would agree except for our pitching. The dynasty teams had tons of that. This team has very little
    Wrong. We have Happ and CC. Alternate them throughout October and we go 11-0.

Johnnyi........you are dead smack correct on that play. Gleyber should have been allowed to score. Nobody called time. I watched the replay multiple times.

That was a ‘participation trophy’ ruling cause the guy faked he was hurt.

Boone should have protested.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Last game with these stupid nicknames and uniforms

I wonder why Maybin wouldn’t get the start vs Kershaw.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast