Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Improved Player for 2019-20

Well my 5 picks for Most Improved Player for 2019-20 are:

5- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
    4- Marvin Bagley III (Sacramento Kings)
    3- Brandon Ingram (New Orleans Pelicans)
    2- OG Anunoby (Toronto Raptors)
    1- John Collins (Atlanta Hawks)

In the past 25 years, only two second year players have ever won MIP, Gilbert Arenas and Monta Ellis. And this was largely because both were second round picks with zero expectations. With this in mind, I wouldn't count on any second year players, especially lottery picks, to win MIP. I could see someone like Jamal Murray or Lauri Markkanen getting it this upcoming season.

Lauri Markkanen almost got on to my list but as for whether or not he becomes an All Star this season...with it being in Chicago he has a great chance

Bagley or Ingram could make it, Collins no he already had a huge season last year, would be hard to improve even more.

Rozier is my pick, charlotte will give him the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Bagley or Ingram could make it, Collins no he already had a huge season last year, would be hard to improve even more.

Rozier is my pick, charlotte will give him the keys.
    Can always rely on you for bad takes

Dennis Smith Jr and or Mitchell Robinson of the Knicks are other players who could win MIP or even Lonzo Ball could

If you look at general overarching trends of MIP recipients, the most common threads are:

• The player is in either his third or fourth year

• They had a positive impact their previous season, aka they don't jump to being great after being terrible previously

• The player has a pretty solid jump in USG. Basically, kinda like ROY, MIP can somewhat be defined as a PPG driven award. Generally the player winning the award has a significant uptick in PPG.

With these three qualifiers in mind, I would look for a player that is going to have more touches than they had in previous years, is in their third or fourth season, and had a positive impact on the court this past season. As fun as it would be for Dennis Smith Jr. to win it, I can't see him doing that strong of a 180 after being pretty bad this past season.

Dennis Smith JR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

DSJ he very well could

I could see Derrick White making the leap if Dejounte doesn't come back as a starter

Otherwise the fun pick would be Hayward coming back at full speed

Luka will jump to 25 to 30 ppg and lead the Mavs to the playoffs. He will get a few votes for MVP only his 2nd season as a 20/21 yo.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Luka will jump to 25 to 30 ppg and lead the Mavs to the playoffs. He will get a few votes for MVP only his 2nd season as a 20/21 yo.
    Luka Doncic I can see his PPG going up but at the same time to be an MVP candidate...too early in his career in my opinion

DeAndre Ayton of the Phoenix Suns is another guy who could get Most Improved

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Can always rely on you for bad takes
    Not sure if I would surpass you one day but I'm tryin'.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    If you look at general overarching trends of MIP recipients, the most common threads are:

• The player is in either his third or fourth year

• They had a positive impact their previous season, aka they don't jump to being great after being terrible previously

• The player has a pretty solid jump in USG. Basically, kinda like ROY, MIP can somewhat be defined as a PPG driven award. Generally the player winning the award has a significant uptick in PPG.

With these three qualifiers in mind, I would look for a player that is going to have more touches than they had in previous years, is in their third or fourth season, and had a positive impact on the court this past season. As fun as it would be for Dennis Smith Jr. to win it, I can't see him doing that strong of a 180 after being pretty bad this past season.
    Bla bla bla you and your own stats, post some link or source, at least do the job properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast