Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 139
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Just the reason behind my Q... so here is it again: Do you implement that LBJ or MJ ever resembled Embiid's (non ever existed) potential?
    You have to mean imply....like you just have to.

    Good Lord you're a dumpster fire at all times man. I'm sure you won't see this since I disagree with you regularly and you just put everyone who does so on your ignore list. Maybe somebody will quote me so you can see it. And to think you of all people want others kicked off the site LMAO! Biggest clown on PSD.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 08-25-2019 at 01:11 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    32,303
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post




    nice try
    Lol at Kobe ever being the face of the NBA. NBAs resident rapist is about it.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,850
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post




    nice try
    Nah. Shaq was still top dog from 2000-2003.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    32,303
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Nah. Shaq was still top dog from 2000-2003.
    Yup. Kobe was Shaq's Robin during their time together.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,729
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    whose*
    Bum post

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,729
    To be the face, you gotta first be the unquestioned best player in the nba for 5 years in a row, then you have to continue to be that for another 5. Then you have to be right there for 5 more.

    Thatís gonna be really tough.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    51,857
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol at Kobe ever being the face of the NBA. NBAs resident rapist is about it.
    Easily the face and stats prove it

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,897
    Greatness, I love you man, but I don't think you can say Kobe was the face of the NBA in the same way that Jordan and Lebron were. Those guys were both the unquestioned best players in the league for a decade-plus on top of being global icons that transcended the sport.

    Kobe and Shaq were probably the two closest things we had in the late 90s-early 2000s to the superstardom that Jordan and Lebron achieved. But neither guy reach Jordan/Lebron level on the court or off of it. And if I had to pick between the two of them, I'd probably say Shaq got closer than Kobe ever did. Say what you will about his pathetic acting career, but Shaq at least had enough charisma to convince studios to let him star in multiple films. And on the court, he was probably the best player in the league when he and Kobe carried the Lakers to three titles.

    Kobe didn't really hit his stride until after Shaq left, and at that point, Lebron was already in the league and was a year or two removed from becoming the greatest player on the planet. I'm not sure Kobe was every the best player in the NBA at any point in his career.


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,300
    MBT hit it I think. There is no current player, or a prospect that we know of yet, that looks like he will be a transcendent player, and above the game itself. The top 2-3 players are KL, who is nowhere near marketable due to a non-existent personality, Durant, a beta fish half the world despises, and after that, nobody really likeable in the top few players. I just don't see anyone like LeBron right now. Remember, top 5 players ever don't come along often, like at all. So we are likely going to be waiting to see someone on the MJ/LeBron level for a while....which is why I always said enjoy LeBron while we have him, even if you hate his guts (ewing for example). Because when he is gone, there won't be anyone as good as him for some time in all likelihood. Hell maybe never, who knows.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,300
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Easily the face and stats prove it

    yes, they do prove it. Kobe was never statistically the greatest in the game without argument. Ever. LeBron and MJ were, for a decade. Kobe, was never THE face of the NBA, he was one of them. Drop it dude, he was basically on Shaq/Duncan/Bird level, not on MJ/LeBron level.

    Damn, been awhile since I had to remind you Kobe wasn't on the level some of you Laker fans put him at haha, I wish I could say I missed these convos!

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,300
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Greatness, I love you man, but I don't think you can say Kobe was the face of the NBA in the same way that Jordan and Lebron were. Those guys were both the unquestioned best players in the league for a decade-plus on top of being global icons that transcended the sport.

    Kobe and Shaq were probably the two closest things we had in the late 90s-early 2000s to the superstardom that Jordan and Lebron achieved. But neither guy reach Jordan/Lebron level on the court or off of it. And if I had to pick between the two of them, I'd probably say Shaq got closer than Kobe ever did. Say what you will about his pathetic acting career, but Shaq at least had enough charisma to convince studios to let him star in multiple films. And on the court, he was probably the best player in the league when he and Kobe carried the Lakers to three titles.

    Kobe didn't really hit his stride until after Shaq left, and at that point, Lebron was already in the league and was a year or two removed from becoming the greatest player on the planet. I'm not sure Kobe was every the best player in the NBA at any point in his career.
    Oh, I would imagine you and I have 1,000 posts combined regarding this stupid subject. Kobe didn't even have a single year where his numbers point out to him being the obvious best in the game. His greatness comes mostly from having 10-12 years of being a top 5 player. Ie, ridic consistency. But hell no is was he THE face of the game. One of the faces? Oh yeah. THE face? Nah

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    LBJ leaves a lot in his game to be desired, even when he was in his prime...

    To start and end with, his defense game leaves much to be desired... IMO, he won "the throne" only because he was the most attractive and enjoyable player to watch offensively... it is the offense that was (and still is) enough to attract the masses in the courts, but again none demands from the crowd to have the basketball IQ in order to correctly value a players game...

    Like LBJ, Giannis Antetokounmpo is now considered the most attractive and enjoyable player for the people to watch, again, because of his offensive game... Only that Giannis finished the season with 122/99 (!!!) O/D rating... finished 2nd in winning the "defensive player of the year" award next to the MVP he won and (of course) made the "All NBA best defense" roster... Keep in mind that Giannis has improved all his game's parameters for each and every season he's been in the league and he is expected to continue to do the same for the many seasons that will follow ahead...

    Giannis has the throne "locked" for the decade that follows... only my two ...thousands of (GB)pounds!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,850
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    LBJ leaves a lot in his game to be desired, even when he was in his prime...

    To start and end with, his defense game leaves much to be desired... IMO, he won "the throne" only because he was the most attractive and enjoyable player to watch offensively... it is the offense that was (and still is) enough to attract the masses in the courts, but again none demands from the crowd to have the basketball IQ in order to correctly value a players game...

    Like LBJ, Giannis Antetokounmpo is now considered the most attractive and enjoyable player for the people to watch, again, because of his offensive game... Only that Giannis finished the season with 122/99 (!!!) O/D rating... finished 2nd in winning the "defensive player of the year" award next to the MVP he won and (of course) made the "All NBA best defense" roster... Keep in mind that Giannis has improved all his game's parameters for each and every season he's been in the league and he is expected to continue to do the same for the many seasons that will follow ahead...

    Giannis has the throne "locked" for the decade that follows... only my two ...thousands of (GB)pounds!
    Giannis is a good defender but Drtg really isn't a great stat. Its more indicative of overall team defense than anything else. And peak LeBron absolutely was a menace on D, primarily because of his IQ. LeBron may in fact have the highest basketball IQ of any player ever.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    41,329
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Giannis is a good defender but Drtg really isn't a great stat. Its more indicative of overall team defense than anything else. And peak LeBron absolutely was a menace on D, primarily because of his IQ. LeBron may in fact have the highest basketball IQ of any player ever.
    I heard LeBron claim this many times


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,897
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    LBJ leaves a lot in his game to be desired, even when he was in his prime...

    To start and end with, his defense game leaves much to be desired... IMO, he won "the throne" only because he was the most attractive and enjoyable player to watch offensively... it is the offense that was (and still is) enough to attract the masses in the courts, but again none demands from the crowd to have the basketball IQ in order to correctly value a players game...

    Like LBJ, Giannis Antetokounmpo is now considered the most attractive and enjoyable player for the people to watch, again, because of his offensive game... Only that Giannis finished the season with 122/99 (!!!) O/D rating... finished 2nd in winning the "defensive player of the year" award next to the MVP he won and (of course) made the "All NBA best defense" roster... Keep in mind that Giannis has improved all his game's parameters for each and every season he's been in the league and he is expected to continue to do the same for the many seasons that will follow ahead...

    Giannis has the throne "locked" for the decade that follows... only my two ...thousands of (GB)pounds!
    Just out of curiosity, but would you consider yourself more of a Bucks fan or more of a Giannis fan? Like, if he signs with another team, would that team immediately become your favorite team? Based on how much you praise the guy and your interest in the Greek team and the international game, it seems to me that you're more of a fan of Greek players than you are of the NBA game itself.

    No judgment either way. I'm just curious.


Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •