Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    And he still ain't close to LeBron or MJ's level. He was never the best player in the game much less for a decade straight.
    Was Kobe the best player in the league when he destroyed the defending Champion Spurs? The Spurs just had 2 1st all Defense Team players in Duncan and Bowen. The defending Finals MVP Parker. All NBA team Ginobli. Being coached by Pop. Thatís all that team had. Lakers had Gasol 13 points a game.

It was unfair to expect Cleveland to win a game against this Spurs team the year before. It was even more unfair to expect a team with 5 All NBA players to stand a chance against Kobe. Especially when they where only ranked second best defensive team. Kobe was making it clear that he was not passing the ball and just scoring everything over anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Currently who is as transcendent as LeBron right now is Giannis or even Kawhi but as for who I think it will be as far as the future face of our league...who will be as transcendent as LeBron was and is will be either Zion Williamson, Ja Morant or even LeBron's son Bronny when he comes into the league
    Ja Morant is Steve Francis, I donít see him being any better. They are pretty much the same player unless Ja can strike the 3 on an amazing clip. But if he doesnít develop a dominant 3 point shot, heís Steve Francis, which is very good by the way but not close to face of the league.

And just in case you think Iím lying or you forgot
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E67UuWiV5qY

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Was Kobe the best player in the league when he destroyed the defending Champion Spurs? The Spurs just had 2 1st all Defense Team players in Duncan and Bowen. The defending Finals MVP Parker. All NBA team Ginobli. Being coached by Pop. Thatís all that team had. Lakers had Gasol 13 points a game.

It was unfair to expect Cleveland to win a game against this Spurs team the year before. It was even more unfair to expect a team with 5 All NBA players to stand a chance against Kobe. Especially when they where only ranked second best defensive team. Kobe was making it clear that he was not passing the ball and just scoring everything over anyone.
    Kobe doesn't have a case in any given year of being the best in the game, when we are speaking of real separation. Guys like MJ/LeBron, were unquestionably the best for years, and I mean YEARS. Kobe was never the clear cut best, in fact in any given year, a better case against that claim (him the best) can be made.

Again, it's his sheer volume of consistency. That is why he is a top 15 player ever.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

How pathetic is NBA basketball when people say a known rapist was the face of the NBA

Such Kobe haters. Brandy took him to the Prom. He was a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I think as we get older in general, we tend to see athletes come and go, and realize it's just a game dude. That doesn't mean we can't hate a player or team for example, but the seething, irrational hate tends to fade away. Idk, maybe part of it was Kobe leaving was the end of the era of players I grew up watching from age 20-40 (Kobe is about 2 years younger than me), or maybe I just realized I was super lucky to get to watch Kobe play throughout his career. Meh, I think we do agree dude. For sure.

Yeah, I still hate watching Harden, but I respect his insane skill ability
    Could not agree more. Great post.

I've always respected you, Hawk. Always called a laker hater but always gave props when it was due, respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Such Kobe haters. Brandy took him to the Prom. He was a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    true!

We are getting off the subject here people

I mean the thread is who will be the next face of the NBA...not who it is currently or who it used to be

Now back to the original subject at hand

As for who will be the next face of the league much like LeBron is now and has been for over a decade...well the only player who is still young enough to be "that guy" is Giannis

As hard as that was for me to say...Giannis is transcendent

would super Goofy do?

He was a legend before everybody even know that LBJ will ever exist... Why LBJ has to retire in order for super Goofy to sit back in his throne then?

Obviously, the question should rather be "will super Goofy ever be dethroned?"
    Last edited by buckalis; 09-04-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    would super Goofy do?

He was a legend before everybody even know that LBJ will ever exist... Why LBJ has to retire in order for super Goofy to sit back in his throne then?

Obviously, the question should rather be "will super Goofy ever be dethroned?"
    Better yet, the question should be: On what date will this dude get perma-banned?

Quote Originally Posted by bostncelts34 View Post
    Better yet, the question should be: On what date will this dude get perma-banned?
    I have no idea what the mods are doing man? Is a joke this guy is still around.

leave buckalis alone, i need someone to talk fiba ball with

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    We are getting off the subject here people

I mean the thread is who will be the next face of the NBA...not who it is currently or who it used to be

Now back to the original subject at hand

As for who will be the next face of the league much like LeBron is now and has been for over a decade...well the only player who is still young enough to be "that guy" is Giannis

As hard as that was for me to say...Giannis is transcendent
    to be fair, first we need to establish WHAT the face of the NBA, or any sports league, entails. For some, it means best player, for others most marketable, etc. That is why the convo.

Giannis aint it, imho. He may be the best player in the game, but will it be by a mile? Will he transcend the game? Will he remain in a small market? By this age, LeBron was easily better, like EASILY. So was MJ. So was KAJ. Wilt. The true faces of the game over the years.

I just don't see a current one, but maybe there is an incoming guy, or someone ready to take a huge step that is already good/great. Giannis could I suppose, but that jumper needs to show up quick, as does his playoff consistency.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    to be fair, first we need to establish WHAT the face of the NBA, or any sports league, entails. For some, it means best player, for others most marketable, etc. That is why the convo.

Giannis aint it, imho. He may be the best player in the game, but will it be by a mile? Will he transcend the game? Will he remain in a small market? By this age, LeBron was easily better, like EASILY. So was MJ. So was KAJ. Wilt. The true faces of the game over the years.

I just don't see a current one, but maybe there is an incoming guy, or someone ready to take a huge step that is already good/great. Giannis could I suppose, but that jumper needs to show up quick, as does his playoff consistency.
    Giannis is the NBA. Pretty simple. MVP. Already hitting threes. Not like Bird but what you expect if you can run in the lane and dunk over 4 guys each play. You seem bitter since Wiggins was a botched pick. Shocked you were re-promoted as admin. lol. Wolves still in the dumps. KAT gonna bicker soon.

Are all Bucks fans completely intolerable? It's starting to look that way. But seriously Giannis is not on that Bron, MJ, Bird, Magic, Wilt level. He just isn't. You can say whatever you want and soon it however you want but when you take the total homer glasses off it is very very easy to see he's not on that level. When he's the unquestioned best player in the game for half a decade (much less a decade) holler at us.

Rippin' lips son!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast