Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    It could be a player not in the NBA yet.

The thing most people seem to discount is that it's the personality and media presence that will determine it, not the game on the court.

Bol Bol time

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I'm late but can you explain? have i mentioned Giannis as a 5-10 all time player? please let me know thx.
    Answer is, we likely don't have the next face playing right now. Instead it will be a period of various guys while we wait. Ala, the era between 97-06'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It could be a player not in the NBA yet.

The thing most people seem to discount is that it's the personality and media presence that will determine it, not the game on the court.
    Always, always starts and stops with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Starts with the game absolutely, but an uncharismatic player, even if he was the greatest player ever, will never be "the face of the NBA".

Answer is, we likely don't have the next face playing right now. Instead it will be a period of various guys while we wait. Ala, the era between 97-06'.
    You made it sound as if i said Giannis was a 5-10 player of all-time which is wrong. I think he is a excellent player right now. If he developed a consistent shot and more play-making ability for teammates while keeping up his rebounding, driving and defense i do believe he would enter the status of one of the greats to play. Thats still a big If though. He also needs to will his team to the finals like the greats have done.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

This is wrong. It starts with the game for sure. If you can't play nobody will look at you lol. But this day in age you gotta have the story and off court status also. Important to give back and be a leader on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Starts with the game absolutely, but an uncharismatic player, even if he was the greatest player ever, will never be "the face of the NBA".
    oh for sure dude. My first post mentioned this exact thing (KL never being the face). But #1, is always, best player in the game. The rest of it is trivial..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

This is wrong. It starts with the game for sure. If you can't play nobody will look at you lol. But this day in age you gotta have the story and off court status also. Important to give back and be a leader on and off the court.
    I mean, being the best in the game for an extended period of time is the ONLY way you can be the face. Of course having a personality and being marketable on top of that only extends that possibility. Giannis needs to first be unquestionably the best in the game (he isn't yet), and then hold it for years.

That is why I keep saying, many years, there isn't a face. There are faces.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

You made it sound as if i said Giannis was a 5-10 player of all-time which is wrong. I think he is a excellent player right now. If he developed a consistent shot and more play-making ability for teammates while keeping up his rebounding, driving and defense i do believe he would enter the status of one of the greats to play. Thats still a big If though. He also needs to will his team to the finals like the greats have done.
    correct. The commonality in the long term faces of sports, is getting their teams to great heights.

I mean, being the best in the game for an extended period of time is the ONLY way you can be the face. Of course having a personality and being marketable on top of that only extends that possibility. Giannis needs to first be unquestionably the best in the game (he isn't yet), and then hold it for years.

That is why I keep saying, many years, there isn't a face. There are faces.
    If the best player was a bad guy who openly screws random women and was covered in face tattoos, the NBA would never make them the face. The game alone is not necessarily enough.

Luka! He will be the global ambassador and has a lot of style to go with the substance.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Luka! He will be the global ambassador and has a lot of style to go with the substance.
    Maybe

I say Luka has potential but I say it will be Giannis or even Embiid

I mean, being the best in the game for an extended period of time is the ONLY way you can be the face.
    I disagree. As mentioned by scoots if someone is the best player but an awful person off court they WILL NOT be the face. So I agree on court is clearly very important. But def not the main factor.
    Last edited by prodigy; 10-02-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast