Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Jakeem Grant resigns 4 years $24M

It's up to 24M, no word on guarantees

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He'll be productive, especially underneath in this offense I think, so I like the number even if it comes close to maxing out at 6M a year average. Plus he can return kicks as we saw last year.

thats a lot green for his production, but the guy can light up the field when healthy. And I do agree, he should be utilized even better than he ever has. The Pats always ran with no-name WR groupings (for the most part), and it could be the same for the Phins. Me thinks Stills and/or Wilson are gone after 2019. Come on Jerry Jeudy in 2020!!!

My only concern is where does he get his playing time? My one problem I've had with this staff is they seem overly confident in their scheme and this move seems to back that up.

Jakeem is a great player but I just don't see where he's going to get his snaps right now. He's not a better deep threat than Stills, has to fight Parker and Williams for the X spot and isn't a slot unlike Wilson. Plus Wilson is already a great "gimmick" player like Grant is. Just feels a lot for a guy that doesn't have a defined role

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I mean he is one of the best return guys in the entire league and he also isn't a huge snaps guy so he will fit in just fine. 6M isn't aton of money and I doubt alot of his deal is guaranteed.

Some details came out

#Dolphins WR Jakeem Grant's 4-year extension is worth $19.7m (max $24m with receptions+pro bowl incentives) with $7.5m gtd ($3.72m fully gtd).

Got my hands on Jakeem Grant extension. 4.3 M in incentives. Got $3 M signing bonus. Not that they likely would, but interesting that Dolphins can walk away from deal next year (if he's not injured) before 5th day of league year without any more guaranteed money.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince