Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spiderman Gone from the avengers

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-mar...blames-disney/

This is nuts lol.... Sony just walked away and now has Marvel/Disney by the balls.

I'm sure that either they are still at the negotiating table or will soon return to the negotiating table on this.

From what I've gathered, the original arrangement was Marvel got 5% of the movie box office cash and all of the merchandise money. Marvel wanted the new deal to be a 50/50 split on the box office and Sony walked away.

After the success Feige and Company produced for Marvel and their Sony relationship, I'm sure they will agree to something more ammicable for the two. Maybe a 20-33% box office for Marvel and the rest to Sony? I'm sure Marvel was just rolling in the merchandise money for Spidey as well.

Gotta believe this will be worked out, Spider-Man is too important to the MCU to just lose him. Wish Sony was strapped for cash so Disney could just come in with a godfather offer and buy the rights to Spidey and his entire universe entirely lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    I'm sure that either they are still at the negotiating table or will soon return to the negotiating table on this.

From what I've gathered, the original arrangement was Marvel got 5% of the movie box office cash and all of the merchandise money. Marvel wanted the new deal to be a 50/50 split on the box office and Sony walked away.

After the success Feige and Company produced for Marvel and their Sony relationship, I'm sure they will agree to something more ammicable for the two. Maybe a 20-33% box office for Marvel and the rest to Sony? I'm sure Marvel was just rolling in the merchandise money for Spidey as well.
    The merchandise deal was done well before they agreed to add Spider-man to the MCU. I believe Sony sold the rights back to Marvel in 2011.

I heard a rumor that DC has bought Sony Pictures...sabotage!

This is a 100% made up thing FYI.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Disney and Marvel treated Stan Lee like crap according to his daughter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/22/stan...th-disney.html

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Rumor is that they struck a deal.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

If they have not am sure they will soon.

They both are making too much money and if they did part ways it would hurt both their franchises.

Some people get the power of fanboys who will **** on a franchise if they hate what they did to it.

Disney knows all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If they have not am sure they will soon.

They both are making too much money and if they did part ways it would hurt both their franchises.

Some people get the power of fanboys who will **** on a franchise if they hate what they did to it.

Disney knows all too well.
    I doubt Disney will be in much trouble even if they lost Spider-Man. It would suck yes, but the MCU is the biggest built in box office draw around. They'd still be cranking out $1 billion movies even if they lost Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I doubt Disney will be in much trouble even if they lost Spider-Man. It would suck yes, but the MCU is the biggest built in box office draw around. They'd still be cranking out $1 billion movies even if they lost Spidey.
    Probably but you never know.

Disney is unstoppable, Spidey or no Spidey.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Disney should just give Sony a billion dollars to go away and get the full rights back. It's not like they can't afford it. They made a killing the Marvel and Star Wars deals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Disney should just give Sony a billion dollars to go away and get the full rights back. It's not like they can't afford it. They made a killing the Marvel and Star Wars deals anyway.
    new report is disney only wanted 25 percent of future earnings not the 50/50 split that was reported... clearly sony has no intention to give it back because of how big spiderman is now lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    new report is disney only wanted 25 percent of future earnings not the 50/50 split that was reported... clearly sony has no intention to give it back because of how big spiderman is now lol
    That then contradicts the reported 70/30 Disney countered with of the reported 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

No Ironman, No Captain, No Spidey, guess iím done with this franchise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast