Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

San Francisco Giants @ Chicago Cubs - August 20-22

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (63-62) @ CHICAGO CUBS (66-58)

WRIGLEY FIELD

Game 1: Tuesday, August 20th @ 5:05 PM

VS.
    Tyler Beede..........Cole Hamels

Scouting Report:
    Giants: Beede gave up four runs on eight hits over four innings in his last start against the A's on Wednesday. He is 0-4 with an 8.49 ERA over his last five outings. This will be Beede's first career start at Wrigley Field.

Cubs: Hamels has been sorting through some mechanical issues since coming off the injured list. In his last two starts, the lefty has given up 13 runs (12 earned) in five total innings. Hamels has a 2.35 ERA in nine home starts in 2019.

Game 2: Wednesday, August 21st @ 5:05 PM

VS.
    Dereck Rodriguez......Yu Darvish

Scouting Report:
    Giants: Rodriguez was called up from Triple-A Sacramento on Thursday and delivered seven shutout innings against the D-backs. He made his lone appearance against the Cubs last July, working three scoreless innings in relief.

Cubs: Darvish struck out 10 and walked none in seven shutout innings vs. the Phillies on Thursday. The righty has a 2.63 ERA, 36 strikeouts and zero walks in 24 innings in his past four outings.

Game 3: Thursday, August 22nd @ 11:20 AM

VS.
    Jeff Samardzija..........Kyle Hendricks

Scouting Report:
    Giants: Samardzija has been one of the best starters in the NL since July 1, posting a 2.09 ERA over his last nine starts. He spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Cubs and is 0-2 with a 6.35 ERA in three career starts against his former club.

Cubs: Hendricks allowed one run on three hits in seven innings in a no-decision on the road against the Pirates on Friday. He struck out one and walked one. The righty returns home, where he is 4-2 with a 1.98 ERA in 10 starts this season.

statistics/images courtesy of mlb.com

I'm getting tired of seeing Beede constantly give up home runs. 12 home runs given up in his last nine appearances.

Yeah, I don't want to see Beede start anymore this season. Having said that, Anderson isn't much better.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Tarp coming on the field

Tonight's lineup

I don't see it happening, but anyone think the Giants should platoon Belt (he's hitting a paltry .271 wOBA, 66 wRC+ vs LHP this season), move Slater to 1B and play Jaylin Davis in those starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't see it happening, but anyone think the Giants should platoon Belt (he's hitting a paltry .271 wOBA, 66 wRC+ vs LHP this season), move Slater to 1B and play Jaylin Davis in those starts?
    At some point they need to know what they have, it may start as a partial platoon but if we fade out of real contention then they need to give the next guys good looks so they know what they have.

So Henry tweeted this link to his article on Belt
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 08-21-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Castellanos has been on fire since being traded (including today's home run)- .373/.413/.787 including 8 home runs in 19 games.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    At some point they need to know what they have, it may start as a partial platoon but if we fade out of real contention then they need to give the next guys good looks so they know what they have.

So Henry tweeted this link to his article on Belt
    Hopefully that works because since April he's been an average to below average hitter. Like pointed out in the article his OBP was still very good in those months (.333, .387, .336), but cratered to .278 in August. They really need him to bounce back.

I was trying to think of a way to get Davis in the lineup, platooning Belt might be the trick. We need him when he is producing, but right now I prefer the platooning idea over him playing full time.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

I wonder if we brought up Davis and used Vogt more, if we would be doing a lot better .

Apparently, the Giants like to hit home runs this year

I'd be fine with that.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Remember when the BP was good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast