Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Indians at Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Fans will complain about Xs and Os for every manager. Cant take their complaints seriously. Which is why game decisions are the last quality i think of when evaluating a baseball manager in NYC. Among the top is the ability to maintain composure in front of unmerciful fans and media during stressful stretches.

God bless Terry Collins.
    You'd find a way to defend Mickey even if they were 20 games under .500 Dug.

I’m not a Calloway at all. However he managed a very good tight game last night. Gotta call it the way we see it and he did a solid job. Deep down I still fear our bullpen. Ugh, the agony of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Gary Apple filling in for Gary Cohen tonight.

JD Davis with the line drive out to left field. Doesnt look like the left fielder will be able to get to it. He won't. The ball bounces into the left field wall. Davis can walk into second with an easy double but more importantly, he brings home Conforto with the winning run. The Mets win, 4-3.
    Oh god no. No more Great Value Brand Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I’m not a Calloway at all. However he managed a very good tight game last night. Gotta call it the way we see it and he did a solid job. Deep down I still fear our bullpen. Ugh, the agony of it all.
    Don't tell me he managed a very tight game last night. The decision to bunt Panik could have cost him the game.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Fans will complain about Xs and Os for every manager. Cant take their complaints seriously. Which is why game decisions are the last quality i think of when evaluating a baseball manager in NYC. Among the top is the ability to maintain composure in front of unmerciful fans and media during stressful stretches.

God bless Terry Collins.
    You mean like threatening a reporter for asking a question?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You'd find a way to defend Mickey even if they were 20 games under .500 Dug.
    Was I?
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Don't tell me he managed a very tight game last night. The decision to bunt Panik could have cost him the game.
    Absolutely hated that decision, especially with two strike candidates following him and a speedy Rosario on 2B.

That was nothing. Mickeys a sweet heart.

https://youtu.be/kamDqL-AGzI

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Absolutely hated that decision, especially with two strike candidates following him and a speedy Rosario on 2B.
    Was ridiculously bad. He had already used Lugo for two innings. Extra innings meant almost certainly relying on the uber erratic Edwin Diaz out of the bullpen. And here he is playing for the tie after leadoff double by bunting one of his best hitters.

It's simple math. Do you have the best chance to win by allowing for three outs or two? Indeed, the move backfired when Conforto hit into what should have been a game-ending double play after the intentional walk to Alonso.

They won't be so lucky the next time.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 08-22-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Got tickets to tonight's game (Sec 19, row 8) back in the dark days of late June. Who knew? Going with a lifelong friend who for some reason always followed Cleveland (hence the seats behind their dugout). He and I and our sucky teams had a lot in common in the late 70s and 80s. We spent many nights on the highest hill in our town in the sticks catching a buzz, alternating between Mets broadcasts and a distant signal from Ohio, discussing the impending superstardom of Lee Mazilli & Mike Vail, Joe Charboneau & Rick Manning. I have a soft spot for the Indians because of that but right now they will have to suck for at least one more night. LFGM
    Last edited by The Futurist; 08-22-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Have a great time, surprise you didn't discuss Bruce Boisclair.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Have a great time, surprise you didn't discuss Bruce Boisclair.
    We have all night for that. I can't imagine a lifetime NYer and Mets fan knows more about the Cleveland Indians of the late 70s and early 80s than me. Len Barker. Andre Thornton. Duane Freakin' Kuiper. What kept us together was a mutual hatred of the Yankees.

https://twitter.com/dplennon/status/...815891457?s=21

Tejada DFA, Flexen up.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast