Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Indians at Mets

An MRI on Marcus Stroman's left hamstring didn't reveal a significant injury.
    Stroman left early on Wednesday with tightness in the hamstring, but the testing showed there's no structural damage and the Mets are reportedly "unconcerned" over the results. Stroman could end up missing a start if it's still bothering him later this week, but it does appear that the former Blue Jay has avoided something that will keep him out long-term.

FYI
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    Adorable!! Ty... I am super satisfied.

This team is alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha you're welcome. See ya tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    Haha you're welcome. See ya tomorrow.
    : )

How F-ing good is this team? Geez, as good as they are, they're even more likeable. This is one of the most enjoyable teams to root for in franchise history. Just a bunch of young kids who believe in themselves, pick each other up, and win or lose as a team.

They have each other's backs and it shows. When one does well, they all do well.

I am so in love with these guys!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Mickey Callaway is such a conundrum. His moves drive me up the F-ing wall. While I liked how he handed the pitchers tonight, his decision to bunt Panik was idiotic. Think about it: You need two runs to win. What's your best chance of scoring two runs? With three outs left or two outs?

Were it not for the grace of an absent-minded Indians closer, we lose this one.

On the other hand....

Ya gotta give credit to Mickey for this team's attitude. When folks like me were dissing him all season, especially his seemingly off-the-wall optimistic comments when the team did nothing but lose and blow baseball games, he was sticking by his players, insisting things would turn around.

So now he has a clubhouse full of players who would go through a wall for Mickey. It's nice to see.

He's still a lunatic manager. But when it comes to managing his players. I guess i have to concede he has the magic touch.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Juan Lagares is hitting .448 over the last 8 games. Are you F-ing kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Absolutely insane.

Yeah. The much-maligned Mets bullpen had to cover for Strohman's injury. They were nearly lights-out the entire game. This is a completely different team from what we saw in the first half.

They're the real deal.

Mickey Callaway is such a conundrum. His moves drive me up the F-ing wall. While I liked how he handed the pitchers tonight, his decision to bunt Panik was idiotic. Think about it: You need two runs to win. What's your best chance of scoring two runs? With three outs left or two outs?

Were it not for the grace of an absent-minded Indians closer, we lose this one.

On the other hand....

Ya gotta give credit to Mickey for this team's attitude. When folks like me were dissing him all season, especially his seemingly off-the-wall optimistic comments when the team did nothing but lose and blow baseball games, he was sticking by his players, insisting things would turn around.

So now he has a clubhouse full of players who would go through a wall for Mickey. It's nice to see.

He's still a lunatic manager. But when it comes to managing his players. I guess i have to concede he has the magic touch.
    Mickey had always had a way with players from the beginning they loved him... what Im impressed with most is that he never talked **** about how bad the team looked. Something I was annoyed with at the time. I felt like he didnt have the fire and passion I wanted to see. Idk... maybe Im still high off the last two nights wins but... that takes a lot of control. I wouldve absolutely lost it in some of those post game interviews. Good for Mickey.

Indians at Mets

I told you guys the team was better off with Lagares in CF and McNeil at 2B. Hes even picking up his defense again. Probably being swept in the positive wave of energy in the clubhouse.

And we are probably gonna get back at least 2 out of Squirrel, Nimmo or some guy named Lowrie soon - which is just insane.

Even Cano sounds like hes back on PEDs because he has magically healed!

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I told you guys the team was better off with Lagares in CF and McNeil at 2B. Hes even picking up his defense again. Probably being swept in the positive wave of energy in the clubhouse.

And we are probably gonna get back at least 2 out of Squirrel, Nimmo or some guy named Lowrie soon - which is just insane.

Even Cano sounds like hes back on PEDs because he has magically healed!

Like you said earlier... bring on the PEDs.

Gary Apple filling in for Gary Cohen tonight.

JD Davis with the line drive out to left field. Doesnt look like the left fielder will be able to get to it. He won't. The ball bounces into the left field wall. Davis can walk into second with an easy double but more importantly, he brings home Conforto with the winning run. The Mets win, 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Mickey had always had a way with players from the beginning they loved him... what Im impressed with most is that he never talked **** about how bad the team looked. Something I was annoyed with at the time. I felt like he didnt have the fire and passion I wanted to see. Idk... maybe Im still high off the last two nights wins but... that takes a lot of control. I wouldve absolutely lost it in some of those post game interviews. Good for Mickey...
    Fans will complain about Xs and Os for every manager. Cant take their complaints seriously. Which is why game decisions are the last quality i think of when evaluating a baseball manager in NYC. Among the top is the ability to maintain composure in front of unmerciful fans and media during stressful stretches.

God bless Terry Collins.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast