Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The best homegrown talent

Are the 2019 Mets of Alonso, McNeil, Conforto & Rosario the best group of home grown everyday talent in franchise history?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Are the 2019 Mets of Alonso, McNeil, Conforto & Rosario the best group of home grown everyday talent in franchise history?
    Considering this franchise has mostly been known for pitching, yeah. I don't remember a time where the Mets had this many good position players they cultivated. Shame Kelenic couldn't be part of the bunch.

Now if only Nimmo and his 4.5 WAR last year can join that group...

Dom should be trade bait in the offseason.

The only other homegrown talent that comes close is the Strawberry, Backman, Wilson, Dykstra and Mitchell.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Speaking of homegrown talent, is deGrom a HOF pitcher. He's 31 years of age. Not sure how much longer he will be as an elite pitcher.

Speaking of homegrown talent, is deGrom a HOF pitcher. He's 31 years of age. Not sure how much longer he will be as an elite pitcher.
    He'd have to pitch at his 2018/2019 level for the next 5 years to have a shot. Another cy young is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    He'd have to pitch at his 2018/2019 level for the next 5 years to have a shot. Another cy young is a must.
    A World Series or two would help

deGrom started his career a little too late I think. But hes throwing the ball as hard as ever at his age.

Alonso 1b
    McNeil 2b
    Conforto RF
    Rosario SS
    Nimmo CF
    JD Davis 3B
    D Smith LF

just trying to figure out how all our young talent plays together....cespedes and cano are very expensive bench players...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    deGrom started his career a little too late I think. But hes throwing the ball as hard as ever at his age.
    Which may give him a couple of more years on the back end than you'd expect. He doesn't have the same wear and tear on his arm that a lot of these guys do at his age simply because the rest of them have been high volume pitchers since little league.

Don't worry. He's got this.

A 60 WAR should get him in the Hall, he is just shy of 30 now.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
    Alonso 1b
    McNeil 2b
    Conforto RF
    Rosario SS
    Nimmo CF
    JD Davis 3B
    D Smith LF

just trying to figure out how all our young talent plays together....cespedes and cano are very expensive bench players...
    At least Cespedes is gone after next year. Dom is not a LF though. They should look to deal him.

Or keep him for depth.

Or keep him for depth.
    He can't play LF. It would be a waste to have him be a part time platoon at 1st when you might be able to get something of value for him.

Like what value?
    If Pete gets injured you have a replacement.

He is a perfect depth player, he can player either corner OF and 1st plus he is inexpensive.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast