Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think seager can consistently be in the 25-30 home run range when healthy, but I think his biggest asset will be his pure hitting. He's just a great all around hitter and has a pretty good OBP (when healthy) and should be hitting regularly right in front of JT, bellinger, and muncy in my opinion.

I keep waiting for will smith to come down to earth a little but he's got a great OBP (in limited ABs) which would be nice in front of the heart of the order as well.
    Yeah, so I don't think we're too far off on how we see seager. You see him as a 25-30 home run guy, whereas I see him more as a 30-35 home run guy. In either case though, that's still a decent amount of power. Will Smith on the other hand has tremendous power. I'm interested to see how he reacts once he goes into a slump, because it will happen. I think he'll be fine though because I think he's successful because of his approach at the plate.

Toronto Blue Jays @ Los Angeles Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, so I don't think we're too far off on how we see seager. You see him as a 25-30 home run guy, whereas I see him more as a 30-35 home run guy. In either case though, that's still a decent amount of power. Will Smith on the other hand has tremendous power. I'm interested to see how he reacts once he goes into a slump, because it will happen. I think he'll be fine though because I think he's successful because of his approach at the plate.
    Yeah, we arenít too far off in how we see seager imo. I just think 35+ homeruns per year is borderline elite territory and I just donít think he has elite power. For example, this is only the 2nd time in Mike trouts career that heís been over 40+ home runs and heís hit above 35 only two other times. Seager might hit in the low 30s for homeruns but I donít think his average season will be there imo.

I kinda see seager as similar to another former dodger, a left handed version of nomar garciapara (the Boston version, before the injuries). When healthy heís a .300 hitter, .360+ OBP, 25-30 homeruns, always near league lead in doubles, keeps Ks down and walks up. Funny, garciapara was also a guy that likes to swing at first pitch like seager does. I think seager has the potential to be better than garciapara if he stays healthy but unfortunately injuries have defined Seagers career so far.
    Last edited by jaydubb; 08-21-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Tonight's lineup is so perfect I can cry. It's damn good to see 2017, Chris Taylor, back. Bring up Lux, and maybe they can just overpower everyone with the bat and skate by with the pen this October.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Tonight's lineup is so perfect I can cry. It's damn good to see 2017, Chris Taylor, back. Bring up Lux, and maybe they can just overpower everyone with the bat and skate by with the pen this October.
    Crazy to think that we could add lux to this group.. the kids in the dodgers farm are so deep with talent, it's ridiculous. I did think Ruiz might get called up at some point but now that smith is a regular they may not.

Your baby can't do this

Crazy to think that we could add lux to this group.. the kids in the dodgers farm are so deep with talent, it's ridiculous. I did think Ruiz might get called up at some point but now that smith is a regular they may not.
    Ruiz broke a finger maybe two and is out for the remainder of the season.

Ruiz broke a finger maybe two and is out for the remainder of the season.
    Oh yeaaahh. I totally forgot about that.

Your baby can't do this

Anyone get excited seeing AD at the Dodger game yesterday?

It sounds like they're not going to bring Lux up to play in September, just to hang out.

Walker Buehler time baby!

Seeing that Muncy is at 32 homers it begs the question- has there been two lefties on the same team with 40 homers? Or was that answered in my last question?

Yeah, we arenít too far off in how we see seager imo. I just think 35+ homeruns per year is borderline elite territory and I just donít think he has elite power. For example, this is only the 2nd time in Mike trouts career that heís been over 40+ home runs and heís hit above 35 only two other times. Seager might hit in the low 30s for homeruns but I donít think his average season will be there imo.

I kinda see seager as similar to another former dodger, a left handed version of nomar garciapara (the Boston version, before the injuries). When healthy heís a .300 hitter, .360+ OBP, 25-30 homeruns, always near league lead in doubles, keeps Ks down and walks up. Funny, garciapara was also a guy that likes to swing at first pitch like seager does. I think seager has the potential to be better than garciapara if he stays healthy but unfortunately injuries have defined Seagers career so far.
    That's a fair point about trout. I think Seager has a bit more power than Nomar, but I think overall the comparison is pretty apt.

Seeing that Muncy is at 32 homers it begs the question- has there been two lefties on the same team with 40 homers? Or was that answered in my last question?
    Carlos Delgado and Shawn Green in 1999.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Carlos Delgado and Shawn Green in 1999.
    And Mantle and Marris. Probably Ruth and Gehrig also.

MLB needs a limit on pitching changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast