Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Have to stay busy after retiring from basketball lol
    Llullz.. for realz

Your baby can't do this

Will Smith hasn't lost his Rookie Eligibility yet...he has 11 home runs.

I don't see him keeping up this PACE of home run hitting. But still.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

There was a reason that the dodgers were the best defensive team in the league and then all of a sudden a month or so ago lead the league in errors for like two weeks straight and then went back to the elite defense since.. it's because Dave was putting players all over the place, places where they aren't comfortable playing..
    To play Devils advocate, he did that because we were missing all of our utility players. So guys needed to go places they might not have been comfortable at because if they don't we wouldn't have had anyone to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Never knew that LA had him to trade in the first place. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...robberies-ever
    A few of us have talked about this in here. I wasnít a fan of this trade at the time, but itís the reality of deadline deals. Sometimes you get steals (Darvish and Machado), sometimes you get robbed (Alvarez).

You probably only didnít know we had him because Alvarez, at the time, was a freshly signed (maybe 19 year old?) IFA, with a negative defensive grade and loads of offensive potential but, of course, no guarantees that it would materialize. He never even picked up a bat in the Dodgersí farm system

Knowing what we know now, of course, you make room for a bat like this regardless of how bad his defense is - unless maybe itís historically atrocious.

Tough to swallow in hindsight but this is three years after the fact, lots couldíve happened in that time. Turns out what happened in this one was to the Astrosí benefit... and, given the crossroads of their competitive timeline and his rise to stardom, it couldnít have come at a worse time 🤦🏻

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    To play Devils advocate, he did that because we were missing all of our utility players. So guys needed to go places they might not have been comfortable at because if they don't we wouldn't have had anyone to play there.
    I could see that, but what about the moves where he put koralek in at 1B and then Russell martin at pitcher? Would it really hurt that much to simply just put koralek in at pitcher and keep the 1B in there one more inning?

I just think some of these moves are beyond pointless

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    A few of us have talked about this in here. I wasnít a fan of this trade at the time, but itís the reality of deadline deals. Sometimes you get steals (Darvish and Machado), sometimes you get robbed (Alvarez).

You probably only didnít know we had him because Alvarez, at the time, was a freshly signed (maybe 19 year old?) IFA, with a negative defensive grade and loads of offensive potential but, of course, no guarantees that it would materialize. He never even picked up a bat in the Dodgersí farm system

Knowing what we know now, of course, you make room for a bat like this regardless of how bad his defense is - unless maybe itís historically atrocious.

Tough to swallow in hindsight but this is three years after the fact, lots couldíve happened in that time. Turns out what happened in this one was to the Astrosí benefit... and, given the crossroads of their competitive timeline and his rise to stardom, it couldnít have come at a worse time [emoji1750]
    Yea he looked good a month ago now he looks even better but thing is he's clearly an AL player. He can't play defense for ****. The dodgers would have traded him eventually because he wasn't a good fit. If anything, the dodgers traded him a season or two too early, he woulda been nice to have this trade deadline.

This was an L for the dodgers unfortunately but luckily the dodgers aren't on the bad end of trades too often. In fact, the dodgers traded for a kid, Jeter downs, in the Puig/kemp/wood trade that is looking pretty good. I think the reds are regretting that one so far.

Your baby can't do this

Some people forget just how good seager was. He's been in a rut because he's been injured for so long, but if he can keep this up and get more comfortable right before the playoffs, he could really help the dodgers in October.
    Yeah, in my book Seager is right on par with Bellinger as far as value (although this year Bellinger probably did separate himself), but Seager is still super young and is probably our purest hitter. If Seager can stay healthy he's a guy who can give you 35 hrs, 100-plus RBIs, and bat over .300 (and probably be consistently in the race for the batting title year in and year out). Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Toronto Blue Jays @ Los Angeles Dodgers

Yeah, in my book Seager is right on par with Bellinger as far as value (although this year Bellinger probably did separate himself), but Seager is still super young and is probably our purest hitter. If Seager can stay healthy he's a guy who can give you 35 hrs, 100-plus RBIs, and bat over .300 (and probably be consistently in the race for the batting title year in and year out). Hopefully he can stay healthy.
    Not sure he can put up 35+ homers, I think his brother got the power but Corey is the better hitter like you said. I agree, I think Corey is the best pure hitter on the team even better than bellinger because I think bellinger isn't as good hitting opposite field. I'd like to see seager at the one or two spot in the batting order right in front of JT and bellinger.

Your baby can't do this

I don't see Seager hitting 35 or driving in 100 until he stops swing at the first pitch 99% of the time.

Nevermind. Corey is batting 322 on the first pitch this season and 405 for his career. To me, it feels like he's hitting 200 on the first pitch.

I would still say that Corey could do better than 14 homers on the first pitch if he worked a hitters count.

Toronto Blue Jays @ Los Angeles Dodgers

I think seager can consistently be in the 25-30 home run range when healthy, but I think his biggest asset will be his pure hitting. He's just a great all around hitter and has a pretty good OBP (when healthy) and should be hitting regularly right in front of JT, bellinger, and muncy in my opinion.

I keep waiting for will smith to come down to earth a little but he's got a great OBP (in limited ABs) which would be nice in front of the heart of the order as well.

Your baby can't do this

Not sure he can put up 35+ homers, I think his brother got the power but Corey is the better hitter like you said. I agree, I think Corey is the best pure hitter on the team even better than bellinger because I think bellinger isn't as good hitting opposite field. I'd like to see seager at the one or two spot in the batting order right in front of JT and bellinger.
    I think he actually has a decent amount of power. He hit 26 and 22 home runs in his first two healthy seasons. If he gets kind of hot and stays healthy the remainder of this year he might end up with around 20 or so. I think he just hasn't really had a break out season yet because of the injuries. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's likely to lead the league in home runs at any point. I'm thinking in his prime though he can be between 30-40 home runs a year, but maybe settling around low-mid 30s consistently. I don't like Seager as a leadoff hitter, but I think at 2 its perfect for his skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Nevermind. Corey is batting 322 on the first pitch this season and 405 for his career. To me, it feels like he's hitting 200 on the first pitch.
    It might just feel that way because he got off to a slow start.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast