Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

NY Yankees @ Oakland Athletics Aug 20-22

Start of a series between a pair of teams in the thick of the American League playoff picture out on the west coast. Yanks are on the road as they open a three-game set with the A’s Tuesday night. Yanks lost 8-4 in the finale of their four-game home set with the Indians Sunday afternoon to split that four-game set. Oakland was defeated 4-1 at home by Houston Sunday but took three of the four games in the series. The teams split six meetings last season with the A’s taking two of three at home in the last series September 3-5, 2018.

New York ended up with a split of their four-game set with the Indians as they were beaten Sunday: they now play 24 of their final 36 games of the regular season on the road. The Yankees entered Monday still holding a comfortable 9.5-game advantage over Tampa Bay in the AL East. DJ (run, three RBI), Judge (RBI) and Gardner each had two hits in the contest. CC (5-7) struggled in his return from the injured list and took the loss. He allowed four runs on four hits with three walks and five strikeouts over three innings, throwing 67 pitches, 37 for strikes.

The Yankees turn to Domingo German in this one as he makes his 22nd appearance and 21st start of the season. He comes in 16-2 with a 3.96 ERA, a 1.103 WHIP, 26 walks and 124 strikeouts over 116 innings of work this year. German won his fourth straight start in his last outing, which came last Tuesday at home against the Orioles. He threw seven innings, allowing two runs on five hits with one walk and seven strikeouts in an 8-3 Yankees triumph. German is 3-0 with a 3.32 ERA, a 1.05 WHIP, two walks and 17 strikeouts over 19 innings in his last three starts. He has no record with a 6.00 ERA, a 1.778 WHIP, six walks and seven strikeouts over nine innings of work in two career appearances, one start, against the A’s. German didn’t factor in the decision in his lone career appearance at the Coliseum, which came in relief on June 17, 2017. In that outing, he went four innings, allowing no runs on four hits with three walks and six strikeouts in a 5-2 Yankees defeat.

Oakland had their four-game win streak snapped as they dropped the finale of their four-game set with the Astros at home Sunday. The A’s entered Monday second in the AL West, 7.5 games behind the Astros: they fell 1.5 games behind Tampa Bay for the second wild card spot. Oakland saw Matt Olson pick up two of their six hits while Marcus Semien accounted for the team’s lone run with his 21st homer of the season. Brett Anderson (10-9) took the loss on the mound as he allowed four runs on seven hits with four walks and three strikeouts over five innings.

Homer Bailey takes the mound for his 25th start overall on the year and his seventh for the A’s after being acquired from Kansas City last month. He comes in 10-8 with a 5.22 ERA, a 1.398 WHIP, 47 walks and 108 strikeouts over 122.1 innings of work on the year. Bailey picked up the win in his last start, which came Wednesday on the road against the Giants. He threw seven innings, allowing no runs on two hits with one walk and seven strikeouts in a 9-5 Oakland win. Bailey is 1-1 with a 4.58 ERA, a 1.02 WHIP, five walks and 12 strikeouts over 17.2 innings in his last three starts. He has a 2-1 record with a 4.42 ERA, a 1.255 WHIP, three walks and 13 strikeouts over 18.1 innings in three career starts against the Yankees. Bailey is 3-1 with a 3.41 ERA, a 1.168 WHIP, 10 walks and 28 strikeouts over 31.2 innings in five career starts at the O.co Coliseum.
    Athletics

Tue, Aug 20 • 10:07 PM EDT

Domingo German
    RHP
    16-2, 3.96 ERA, 124 SO
    German has won each of his last four starts, posting a 3.70 ERA over that span against the Red Sox (twice), Blue Jays and Orioles. Look for the Yankees to begin scaling back his workload or skipping starts in order to limit innings.

Homer Bailey
    RHP
    10-8, 5.22 ERA, 108 SO
    Bailey turned in his best outing as a member of the A's this past Wednesday, tossing seven scoreless innings in a win over the Giants. Facing the Yankees as a Royal on April 18, Bailey held New York to one run over six innings.

Wed, Aug 21 • 10:07 PM EDT

J.A. Happ
    LHP
    10-7, 5.40 ERA, 101 SO
    Happ has given the Yankees at least five innings in each of his last four starts, though he has done so with a 6.23 ERA over that span. His last effort was solid, holding the Orioles to two runs and six hits over five innings.

Mike Fiers
    RHP
    11-3, 3.46 ERA, 102 SO
    Fiers had his remarkable streak of starts in which he'd allowed three earned runs or fewer snapped last Thursday, but the offense picked him up in a win over the Astros. He still owns the second-lowest ERA (2.52) among AL starters since April 26.

Thu, Aug 22 • 9:37 PM EDT

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    9-6, 4.56 ERA, 116 SO
    Tanaka has been splendid in his last two outings, limiting the Blue Jays and Indians to two runs and seven hits over 14 1/3 innings (1.26 ERA), winning both starts. Other than two solo homers, the Indians managed just two hits in 6 1/3 frames.

Tanner Roark
    RHP
    7-8, 4.01 ERA, 124 SO
    Roark went too to toe with Justin Verlander and turned in six innings of two-run ball in a win over the Astros on Friday. He's posted a 2.55 ERA in three starts since joining the A's via trade.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

First.

Bishes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

At least Happ is pitching in a big ballpark. Maybe he'll only give up 4 runs in 4 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    At least Happ is pitching in a big ballpark. Maybe he'll only give up 4 home runs in 4 innings.
    Fixed.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Fixed.

Probably more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Probably more accurate
    Unfortunately, true.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Unfortunately, true.

Maybe jet lag will have an adverse effect on him?

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Maybe jet lag will have an adverse effect on him?
    Like a reverse London?

DJLM - first base
    Judge - right field
    Sanchez - designated hitter
    Gio - third base
    Didi - shortstop
    Gleyber - second base
    Maybin - left field
    Romine - catcher
    Talk man - center field

Sunday - starting pitcher

You're welcome, rc.

**** GF28.. Lineup.

Last edited by RCSownsU; 08-20-2019 at 07:27 PM.

How about switching Judge and Torres?
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. She’s So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Imo Torres has earned a move up in the order and Judge should probably be moved down. Will it help him find his stroke or get into his head, which already appears over crowded with doubt? So....difficult question. I maintain he may not be 100% healthy.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I don't think Judge would do well at 2nd. And not sure Gleyber has ever played RF. I wouldn't do it.

**** GF28.. Lineup.

Get your numbers and abbreviations out of here!

We need a LH bat.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast