Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Atkins on Fisher.

“It’s hard to find someone like Derek Fisher so we are elated to have added him”.
    -Really?

Atkins on Brito.

""there's incredible, incredible upside and potential with him"
    -Really?
    Maybe dont spend so much time trying to pick apart everything they say? Because there isnt anything wrong with either of those statements.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'm pretty sure you called him league average. Not to mention those starts are heavily skewed towards his starter numbers.
    Well forgive me, I was wrong. I truly never looked at his numbers until now.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The 'rebuild' didn't really start until halfway through the 2018 season. But even if you don't look at that, most front offices are generally given 5 seasons, next year will be season #5.
    So then these guys put this team back two years!!! I don't buy it the asset collection started in 2017.

Exactly my point...Toronto have had all these years to contend in the AL East or at the very least get back to the playoffs and they haven't done that at all. I mean Shapiro and Atkins can rebuild all they want but really I've seen so many other teams on a rebuild and they managed to turn themselves into contenders in no time but can we say the same about Toronto right now? I only ask because this rebuild approach is clearly not working out anymore and it has set the Blue Jays back like how many more years?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Well forgive me, I was wrong. I truly never looked at his numbers until now.

Well you were still right at the time calling him league average a few weeks ago despite not looking at his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Maybe dont spend so much time trying to pick apart everything they say? Because there isnt anything wrong with either of those statements.

I didn't say anything was wrong with those statements. Just said that when you hype up someone and then they crap at some point you stop believing the hype. Do you see why I made "Boy who cried wolf" statement?

So then these guys put this team back two years!!! I don't buy it the asset collection started in 2017.
    There's hundreds upon hundreds of pages going over that type of stuff. Go ahead and read it if you want, I'm not going to start that circle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Exactly my point...Toronto have had all these years to contend in the AL East or at the very least get back to the playoffs and they haven't done that at all. I mean Shapiro and Atkins can rebuild all they want but really I've seen so many other teams on a rebuild and they managed to turn themselves into contenders in no time but can we say the same about Toronto right now? I only ask because this rebuild approach is clearly not working out anymore and it has set the Blue Jays back like how many more years?
    Who did a full rebuild fast?

Those players are better than Stroman. But at least a back end top 100 prospect or guys with a higher potential would have been nice. Kay looks like a 4th starter if that. SWR has to come through in order for it to work.
    You're contradicting yourself. Kay is/was a back end top 100 guy and SWR is a higher potential prospect, lol.

I didn't say anything was wrong with those statements. Just said that when you hype up someone and then they crap at some point you stop believing the hype. Do you see why I made "Boy who cried wolf" statement?
    No. Because the boy who cried wolf didnt actually see a fricking wolf. And you just literally said none of those statements were false - which makes this the complete opposite of crying wolf.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 10-21-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Who did a full rebuild fast?
    The Yankees did with their farm system of Judge and those boys back then but it didn't take them as long to get back into the playoffs much less be a WS contender

Or other teams that were on fast rebuilds...the Atlanta Braves, the Tampa Bay Rays just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    The Yankees did with their farm system of Judge and those boys back then but it didn't take them as long to get back into the playoffs much less be a WS contender

Or other teams that were on fast rebuilds...the Atlanta Braves, the Tampa Bay Rays just to name a few
    I remember the Astros having a brutal, long rebuild. You can find examples for either approach.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I remember the Astros having a brutal, long rebuild. You can find examples for either approach.
    Well then yeah but even so Toronto ever since their last playoff appearance in 2016, 3 years ago, their farm system has improved well that I can give credit on in that regard but even so now as far as pitching and having bats as helping hands well right now it doesn't look good but to say that changes remains to be seen at this point

You're contradicting yourself. Kay is/was a back end top 100 guy and SWR is a higher potential prospect, lol.
    Kay isn't a top 100 prospect on any (or at least the majority of) list. I also meant multiple higher potential players (ie hence I said guyS).

Stroman was a controllable starter coming off the ASG and had a sub 3.00 ERA. You can somewhat use the reason that the trade deadline wasn't good but I'm more than willing to bet that comparable pitchers to Stroman get traded this offseason at a better return.
    I think Bauer is a good comparable and I would take the return the Jays got over what the tribe received

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast