Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...e-jays-season/

"..we're going to aggressive try to acquire depth in the pitching area..."

and something about Julian Merryweather

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...e-jays-season/

"..we're going to aggressive try to acquire depth in the pitching area..."

and something about Julian Merryweather
    Aggressively acquiring depth... nothing new here boys.

Atkins starts this off well ..that lasts for 30 secs

Talking about the fans "...they(the fans) don't have alot of the information below on why we're making certain decisions..." ARGH! bud come on man stop qualifying everything.

Sid calls him on it and he has no answer. None. Downhill from there. He's obviously under Shapiro's thumb, painful to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3bySy5VT-c
    Last edited by hanton; 10-01-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Atkins starts this off well ..that lasts for 30 secs

Talking about the fans "...they(the fans) don't have alot of the information below on why we're making certain decisions..." ARGH! bud come on man stop qualifying everything.

Sid calls him on it and he has no answer. None. Downhill from there. He's obviously under Shapiro's thumb, painful to listen to.

Dude, you are so jaded. It's obvious they are talking about everything and he doesnt hesitate for even a second to say that in response.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Dude, you are so jaded. It's obvious they are talking about everything and he doesnt hesitate for even a second to say that in response.

what?

Jaded?? Seriously? Hanton is one of the most realistic posters on here.

what?
    I think he means that you are misinterpreting the interview.

Atkins starts this off well ..that lassts for 30 secs

Was this from his end of the season interview? I don't get why he would say something as ridiculous as this. Jays posted the largest attendance drop this season and comments like this won't help. They tend to alienate fans. It reminds me of JP's Adam Dunn comments.

Surprised the media hasn't jumped on it. Granted I haven't clicked the link so he maybe said something afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Was this from his end of the season interview? I don't get why he would say something as ridiculous as this. Jays posted the largest attendance drop this season and comments like this won't help. They tend to alienate fans. It reminds me of JP's Adam Dunn comments.

Surprised the media hasn't jumped on it. Granted I haven't clicked the link so he maybe said something afterwards
    It's from Tim & Sid but I believe on the same day as the end of season press conference. I counted 2 times where he slighted the fans but I'll let people watch and judge for themselves.

Guys, honestly. People who don't work for an organization almost never have all the information. That's about as politely as he can put it. Imagine if he'd said something along the lines of "fans are not experts, if they liked and agreed with everything we did we would be in trouble".

We might be the softest fans in existence.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Guys, honestly. People who don't work for an organization almost never have all the information. That's about as politely as he can put it. Imagine if he'd said something along the lines of "fans are not experts, if they liked and agreed with everything we did we would be in trouble".

We might be the softest fans in existence.

That's fine except he wasn't asked about the fans, Atkins brought it up (the fans not knowing) then Sid calls him on it and he has no answer.

That's fine except he wasn't asked about the fans, Atkins brought it up (the fans not knowing) then Sid calls him on it and he has no answer.
    Again, he has an answer - if you've followed the way the season went and the way the media and fans have dogged them at every turn - its painfully obvious that they are tired of 36 million armchair GM's offering instant judgement on every move they make.

I get that its tempting to want him to lay out specific details but would if really help their case with fans if he'd said "well there guys, one thing that was super frustrating was when we traded for teenager having one of the best seasons in all of the minors, one who we are certain will be considered an elite pitching prospect in 12 months time - and 36 million people said this is garbage he isn't a BA top 100".

Would that have been a better answer in your eyes?

Again, he has an answer - if you've followed the way the season went and the way the media and fans have dogged them at every turn - its painfully obvious that they are tired of 36 million armchair GM's offering instant judgement on every move they make.

I get that its tempting to want him to lay out specific details but would if really help their case with fans if he'd said "well there guys, one thing that was super frustrating was when we traded for teenager having one of the best seasons in all of the minors, one who we are certain will be considered an elite pitching prospect in 12 months time - and 36 million people said this is garbage he isn't a BA top 100".

Would that have been a better answer in your eyes?

Just to be accurate here, none of what you just posted had anything to do with the question asked. Did you watch the video?

Sid:
    "I'll let you make the opening statement here because you saw more Jays baseball probably than everyone in this room your sense on how this year went compared to what you thought it would be to start the year"

Atkins:
    "yeah well I mean the way it ended is what we've been focused on right now with excitement and around this young core the the group that has transitioned has transitioned well they are talking about winning thinking about winning thinking about a group thinking about the collective and that's massive for us but didn't come without a great deal of frustration you know losing 95 games is painful was very difficult for fans we often times feel as though it's much more difficult for fans because they don't have a lot of the information below on why we're making certain decisions..."

(above from the youtube transcript)

Just to be accurate here, none of what you just posted had anything to do with the question asked. Did you watch the video?

Sid:
    "I'll let you make the opening statement here because you saw more Jays baseball probably than everyone in this room your sense on how this year went compared to what you thought it would be to start the year"

Atkins:
    "yeah well I mean the way it ended is what we've been focused on right now with excitement and around this young core the the group that has transitioned has transitioned well they are talking about winning thinking about winning thinking about a group thinking about the collective and that's massive for us but didn't come without a great deal of frustration you know losing 95 games is painful was very difficult for fans we often times feel as though it's much more difficult for fans because they don't have a lot of the information below on why we're making certain decisions..."

(above from the youtube transcript)
    It is an obvious statement. I don't see what the problem is. You think you know all of the reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It is an obvious statement. I don't see what the problem is. You think you know all of the reasons?
    Obvious statement? then why did Sid call him on it? I don't know all the reasons.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast