Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Obvious statement? then why did Sid call him on it? I don't know all the reasons.
    Okay, so you admit you don't know all of the reasons. Pretty safe to assume you would conclude that the rest of us don't either as would I. Therefore, obvious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It is an obvious statement. I don't see what the problem is. You think you know all of the reasons?
    I think Hanton's point is how this issue is handled. They get bad press because the perception is that the FO is disrespectfull to this fan base. I'm not saying it's right or wrong (for both FO and fans) but it probably needs to be handled with more tact.

Attendance is way down and comments like this doesn't help. Atkins might be right, but there are better ways to make such statements without trying to alienate fans. Rogers is going to measure them on attendance too and having the fan bases' support during the rebuild is part of this FO job.

The bad press they get is that they keep making questionable decisions. Make questionable decisions and provide ****** answers as to why they made the decisions. I'll give them credit for at least being prepared to face the wrath of the fans for their bad decisions.

"...unpopular decisions like trading Stroman and Sanchez at the same time.... Trading popular names..."

Trading Stroman and Sanchez at the same time wasn't what made it unpopular. It's the return you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    "...unpopular decisions like trading Stroman and Sanchez at the same time.... Trading popular names..."

Trading Stroman and Sanchez at the same time wasn't what made it unpopular. It's the return you got.
    Did you expect anything of value for Sanchez? The guy has been garbage for the last three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Did you expect anything of value for Sanchez? The guy has been garbage for the last three years.
    When he got traded, my complaint was that Sanchez wasn't a financial strain nor was he holding anyone back to be traded like that. We traded him away with a league average pitcher for a prospect who shouldn't have even landed Biagini on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Okay, so you admit you don't know all of the reasons. Pretty safe to assume you would conclude that the rest of us don't either as would I. Therefore, obvious statement.
    False. I know some of the reasons, like he's terrible at evaluating major league or even near major league talent. He's admitted gaps in their analytic program he needs to come clean on the rest.

When he got traded, my complaint was that Sanchez wasn't a financial strain nor was he holding anyone back to be traded like that. We traded him away with a league average pitcher for a prospect who shouldn't have even landed Biagini on his own.
    That's fair and I would have held onto Sanchez and see if he could provide some kind of value out of the pen. As for Biagini, I don't think there was much of a market for him. These guys have traded a few BP arms for a decent return. In the end, there's a very good chance that none of these players provide much vje going forward.

That's fair and I would have held onto Sanchez and see if he could provide some kind of value out of the pen. As for Biagini, I don't think there was much of a market for him. These guys have traded a few BP arms for a decent return. In the end, there's a very good chance that none of these players provide much vje going forward.
    I probably wouldn't have traded Biagini either. He was controllable and nothing to lose by trading him.

I probably wouldn't have traded Biagini either. He was controllable and nothing to lose by trading him.
    I think Biagini gets the benefit of the doubt because he's a quirky guy with a feel good story but the guy hasn't been good for the past two years and is near thirty. For a FO that preaches Asset management I don't get trading a guy who has options but I'm not about to lose sleep over a sub replacement level pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    False. I know some of the reasons, like he's terrible at evaluating major league or even near major league talent. He's admitted gaps in their analytic program he needs to come clean on the rest.
    Well no. Itís true. It was an obvious statement. Youíve already admitted that you donít know all the reasons they do what they do. Now youíre trying to apply your emotional opinion as one of the reasons.

Come clean? Lol. Yeah, like a GM would ever come out and say what youíre hoping he will.

I think Biagini gets the benefit of the doubt because he's a quirky guy with a feel good story but the guy hasn't been good for the past two years and is near thirty. For a FO that preaches Asset management I don't get trading a guy who has options but I'm not about to lose sleep over a sub replacement level pitcher
    The entire trade in general just didn't make sense, even if management didn't think highly of Biagini or Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    I think Hanton's point is how this issue is handled. They get bad press because the perception is that the FO is disrespectfull to this fan base. I'm not saying it's right or wrong (for both FO and fans) but it probably needs to be handled with more tact.

Attendance is way down and comments like this doesn't help. Atkins might be right, but there are better ways to make such statements without trying to alienate fans. Rogers is going to measure them on attendance too and having the fan bases' support during the rebuild is part of this FO job.
    I donít believe attendance is related to the GM or president at all. Winning is. You could have the biggest ******* calling all of us idiots, but if the team is winning, the stadium will be full. Itís not a popularity contest.

This is the type of situation that Atkins is talking about. We donít have all of the information about why moves are made. There could be something here. Boras is the agent. Sanchez has had problems with teammates in the clubhouse.

I donít care for the trade either way. Itís crap for crap. Too many are holding on to 6 months that Sanchez was good and forgetting about the rest.

The entire trade in general just didn't make sense, even if management didn't think highly of Biagini or Sanchez.
    Yeah it was odd. I'm fully of the opinion that Sanchez's career is closer to being over then being resurrected, especially as a starter but I would have seen what he could do as a three inning opener. I hate the idea of an opener but if you can get an effective one then why not give it a try. Sanchez and Boras wouldn't be a fan of it but **** them. The Jays have the control and if the only goal is to build up Vue for a trade then who cares.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast