Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ross Atkins | Mark Shapiro interviews

I thought this was worth a post on it's own. Good in depth interview, Zwelling and Smith do a good job in making Atkins open up.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/podcasts/at...resent-future/
    Last edited by hanton; 09-07-2019 at 10:37 AM.

You still haven't answered my question from the other thread hanton. Were you implying that Atkins didn't want Tucker because he couldn't manipulate his service time?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You still haven't answered my question from the other thread hanton. Were you implying that Atkins didn't want Tucker because he couldn't manipulate his service time?
    Yes but Kenny pointed out correctly that Tucker played in 2018, see my post in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yes but Kenny pointed out correctly that Tucker played in 2018, see my post in the other thread.
    So hypothetically if he hadn't made his MLB debut you'd think that was the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So hypothetically if he hadn't made his MLB debut you'd think that was the reason?
    Well I'm assuming that would be a part of their Internal Process that Atkins keeps referring to so yes.

I think Atkins was actually saying that they were offered higher ranked prospects but that the Jays staff didnít project them as high as Kay and SWR.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think Atkins was actually saying that they were offered "much higher" higher ranked prospects but that the Jays staff didnít project them as high as Kay and SWR.
    I fixed it for you

Thanks for posting. I always prefer long form interviews/articles. Far more informative than the quick hits that take place reacting to the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Well I'm assuming that would be a part of their Internal Process that Atkins keeps referring to so yes.
    I thought you were knee deep in your narrative but apparently youíre completely submerged in it.

One thing that I really liked in that interview, he gives a lot of credit to the people around him and gives them the opportunity to negotiate. He says more than once that quite a few of these guys were even here before him.

I think Atkins was actually saying that they were offered higher ranked prospects but that the Jays staff didnít project them as high as Kay and SWR.
    Nothing wrong with taking SWR if they think he has a better chance of popping than those higher ranked prospects. I think if they miss on him it's going to look really bad it where it could factor into them keeping their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Nothing wrong with taking SWR if they think he has a better chance of popping than those higher ranked prospects. I think if they miss on him it's going to look really bad it where it could factor into them keeping their jobs.
    Agreed. And thatís exactly what they should do. The truth is that there are some more Britos and Hansons mixed into the top 100 and we donít want to end up with more guys like that just because they have a nice ranking now.

Agreed. And thatís exactly what they should do. The truth is that there are some more Britos and Hansons mixed into the top 100 and we donít want to end up with more guys like that just because they have a nice ranking now.
    "There's incredible, incredible upside and potential with him" - Ross Atkins on Socrates Brito

He's always so defensive...interview starts by Shapiro cutting off Blair.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/basebal...-mark-shapiro/
    Last edited by hanton; 09-07-2019 at 10:52 AM.