Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will your boy deliver?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweep? - #BDizzle4Prez

1 20.00%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Life

3 60.00%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Mod

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Also, would it help NCs WAR if he was a LF?
    Not unless he plays better in LF than RF. The WAR positional adjustments are the same for LF and RF.

Anyone else get that “Daniel Murphy last year with the Mets” with NC? Feels like the guy is coming into his own... I’d hate to see him leave here and produce for someone else. Of course I’d hate for him to stay here and be avg or worse.

What’s everyone prediction on who NC is after this year and the foreseeable future?
    I'd want him extended, hes not old and hes an extra base machine. Perfect number 2 hitter. Think leaving Comerica has helped him big time too.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    My prediction is that he's about the same player he's been since, let's say, 2016: .350-.360 wOBA, 120-130 wRC+.
    That is a little better than his career up to now, isn't it? Or am I reading his numbers wrong (very possible).
    That said, if he was to stay with the Cubs I can see the numbers you are suggesting. The increase would be due to playing at Wrigley instead of Detroit. And, sometimes guys are better if they are on better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I'd want him extended, hes not old and hes an extra base machine. Perfect number 2 hitter. Think leaving Comerica has helped him big time too.
    I'd put it 10% park effect, 90% hot streak.

Yup... never saw Santo play.
    So I found the advantage to being OLD!!!!! Great!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    That is a little better than his career up to now, isn't it? Or am I reading his numbers wrong (very possible).
    That said, if he was to stay with the Cubs I can see the numbers you are suggesting. The increase would be due to playing at Wrigley instead of Detroit. And, sometimes guys are better if they are on better teams.
    Well his career numbers include his first couple years, where he was much less productive than he's been for the last 4. His wOBAs were .307 and .311 his first two years; .350 .341 .363 .357 since.

Looks pretty clear that something changed.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    As of now, it's the same that NC has generally been. The only thing he's really doing better right now, at least without digging into anything super deep is hitting home runs at an unsustainably high rate (34.8% hr/fb) and BABIPing super high (.426). His approach is basically the same and eventually he'll almost certainly come off the run he's having.

The defense is gonna be the biggest thing to watch for to me. If he can show he's even close to a neutral defender, it'll be a drastic difference for his career.
    I never watched Tigers games but he's faster and more athletic than I expected. I watched him for the first time in person last night and it doesn't seem like he gets great reads or takes the best route to the ball but hopefully it's something he can improve on. The skillet is there.

I'd put it 10% park effect, 90% hot streak.
    Well, he obviously is not this player for a career. It is obviously a hot streak. However, he is a solid hitter who does make the line up much better. I would guess he has 25+ home run power, and I also would expect a line somewhere in the neighborhood or .290/.350/.500 if he played for the Cubs. He is worth looking into signing.

Well his career numbers include his first couple years, where he was much less productive than he's been for the last 4. His wOBAs were .307 and .311 his first two years; .350 .341 .363 .357 since.

Looks pretty clear that something changed.
    Fair enough. Figured you had numbers backing your numbers. Just too busy to check them out.
    Thanks

So I found the advantage to being OLD!!!!! Great!
    What about Tinker, Evers, and Chance? Were they as good as described?

Quote Originally Posted by ilmindstate View Post
    what about tinker, evers, and chance? Were they as good as described?
    smart ***!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Nice!!

I was just going to post something similar, but it wouldn't have been said with such elegance.
    Wow. Thanks. I'm a lot of things, not sure anyone has given me that before.

smart ***!!!!!
    Come on now! Don't be bashful. Tell him about the time we went to a game together and you got in to a beef with Cap Anson

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Come on now! Don't be bashful. Tell him about the time we went to a game together and you got in to a beef with Cap Anson
    Yep, I knew Mordecai Brown when he had all his fingers.

Kyle is looking dominate today!

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast