Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What will your boy deliver?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweep? - #BDizzle4Prez

    1 20.00%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Life

    3 60.00%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Mod

    3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 904
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,582
    If we were a .500 road team, we'd have a 7.5 game lead in the division.

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    If we were a .500 road team, we'd have a 7.5 game lead in the division.
    It is what it is. We can't do anything about the past.

    As for tonight and taking over first I've said this about 800 times this year but I hope we stay in first for the rest of the season. That this is the time that we put a strangle hold on first place and never give it up again.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,750
    Trade Kris Bryant while he's still worth something

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,187
    Can someone tell me the last time KB homered on 97+ before tonight?

    Hes really crushing it in high leverage spots this year. Really great to see.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25,681
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Can someone tell me the last time KB homered on 97+ before tonight?

    Hes really crushing it in high leverage spots this year. Really great to see.
    Off the top of my head:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1suG1EoDtY

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,187
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Nice. Doesnt feel like it's been often. I didn't realize that one was 99.

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25,681
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Nice. Doesnt feel like it's been often. I didn't realize that one was 99.
    Well no it probably doesn't. But isn't it true that the percentage of pitches a guy sees against 97+ is very low and the amount of times a guy homers isn't all that high?

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,713
    Mike Shildt wasn't happy that the Cards game was canceled in the 8th. I can't blame him too much. Probably should have suspended it.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,234
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Well no it probably doesn't. But isn't it true that the percentage of pitches a guy sees against 97+ is very low and the amount of times a guy homers isn't all that high?
    Yes.

    Also, I just want to take this opportunity to again point to the fact that KB was never not clutch. A 400~PA sample over 5 seasons is not very much. Never was. He's also not magically clutch. He's just a good hitter and over time that means good things happen.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,425
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Mike Shildt wasn't happy that the Cards game was canceled in the 8th. I can't blame him too much. Probably should have suspended it.
    Thatís not the rule. Either they wait it out or itís called. Suspending it isnít an option.

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Thatís not the rule. Either they wait it out or itís called. Suspending it isnít an option.
    Yeah I know. Those are the rules. I kind of said that as wishful thinking for games like this with teams involved in a pennant race. I can just see the outcry if they lose the division by a game. I know if that happened to us we'd be pissed about it as well. That's a tough one to swallow.
    Last edited by bootsy; 08-22-2019 at 01:10 AM.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,713
    Castellanos slash line as a Cub: .392/.429/1.216

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,187
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Well no it probably doesn't. But isn't it true that the percentage of pitches a guy sees against 97+ is very low and the amount of times a guy homers isn't all that high?
    I would wager that if you put him up against some of the other elite bats in the game, Trout, Yelich, Bellinger, etc., that his slash line in ABs that end on 97+ would pale in comparison. I know theres some way to find those stats but I dont know where.

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    21,438

    Giants at Cubs IGT: 08.20 - 08.22 - The Series that BDizzle Returned

    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Castellanos slash line as a Cub: .392/.429/1.216
    To add on top of this, I was just watching Quick Pitch on MLB Network, and they showed this ridiculous stat line:

    Since August 1st:

    Castellanos: 31 H, 15 XBH, 17 R, 1.213 OPS

    Schwarber/Heyward/Almora combined: 31 H, 15 XBH, 23 R, .816 OPS

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  15. #645
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25,681
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I would wager that if you put him up against some of the other elite bats in the game, Trout, Yelich, Bellinger, etc., that his slash line in ABs that end on 97+ would pale in comparison. I know theres some way to find those stats but I dont know where.
    Isn't there a time when you think you're just looking for problems with Bryant?

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •