Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will your boy deliver?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweep? - #BDizzle4Prez

1 20.00%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Life

3 60.00%
  • Sweep - #BDizzle4Mod

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/jose-qui...on-the-attack/

Fangraphs take on Quintana's recent success
    He still sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Man what a perfect pick up for us. I have so much respect for this guy. You can just tell that coming here meant everything to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    What did Joe say about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    What did Joe say about him?
    "He's reminding us what hunger looks like," Cubs manager Joe Maddon said of the hustle. "This guy, he's really happy to be here and play in this ballpark and he wants to get to the postseason badly. I love what he's doing. Every day, conversationally, his work ó everything about him indicates 'Let's go; I want to play in October.' And I love it."
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...race-javy-baez

Thanks. Completely agree about Castellanos, guy has been a breath of fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Thanks. Completely agree about Castellanos, guy has been a breath of fresh air
    Love to see him on the team for another 3 or 4 years.

So is anyone else the least bit concerned that the Cubs have a 3 man bench and 8 guys in the pen? I hate the idea. And, I am also a bit concerned about it as well. I am concerned because why are they keeping 8 pen arms? I worry about Hamels, a little. Do they think maybe he is not quite right. Maybe they are hoping he is fine, but not sure. So they are carrying an extra pitcher. Maybe Hamels goes to the IL after tonight and they bring a 4th bench guy back. I hope I am worrying about nothing, but I am not sure. I have no idea why they would want to go with just a 3 man bench.

What do you guys think about this potential rule change:

Make somebody who gets HBP go to 2nd base.

This will prevent the Clint Hurdles of the world using it as an intimidation/retaliation tactic, and for players that have to leave the game after HBP, makes it more likely that the run will get cashed in.

Also would prevent pitchers beaning hitters when they are down 3-0 in the count.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 08-20-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So is anyone else the least bit concerned that the Cubs have a 3 man bench and 8 guys in the pen? I hate the idea. And, I am also a bit concerned about it as well. I am concerned because why are they keeping 8 pen arms? I worry about Hamels, a little. Do they think maybe he is not quite right. Maybe they are hoping he is fine, but not sure. So they are carrying an extra pitcher. Maybe Hamels goes to the IL after tonight and they bring a 4th bench guy back. I hope I am worrying about nothing, but I am not sure. I have no idea why they would want to go with just a 3 man bench.
    The roster construction has been questionable all season.

8 man pen is pretty standard these days. With as sketchy as the pen has been all year, I think they need as many guys as possible. Also 8 man bullpen gives us 4 bench players. 13 pitchers, 12 position players, 8 of whom start on a given day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    The roster construction has been questionable all season.
    Haven't gone with a 3 man bench too often, however. Not sure exactly what else had been that questionable.

I donít like it either. I donít think itís related to Hamels. I think they werenít going to option Wick or Ryan. None of the other pitchers had options. So it came down to Bote or Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I donít like it either. I donít think itís related to Hamels. I think they werenít going to option Wick or Ryan. None of the other pitchers had options. So it came down to Bote or Russell.
    For me, I would have DFA'ed Holland. I do not think they will go with 3 men until September 1st. I agree they would not sent Ryan or Wick down. So either Holland gets let go, or a pitcher gets a 10 day break.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    8 man pen is pretty standard these days. With as sketchy as the pen has been all year, I think they need as many guys as possible. Also 8 man bullpen gives us 4 bench players. 13 pitchers, 12 position players, 8 of whom start on a given day.
    My bad. 9 man pen. They have 14 pitchers. only 3 bench players.

Sucks being stuck with Kemp. He ****ing blows. And it hasn't been bad luck. Everything about him screams ****** hitter. A badly slumping Bote was still a better player.

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast