Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NXT to air live starting on Sep. 18 on USA Network

Announcement likely coming soon. This is going to be real interesting. Will the NXT product change at all? Will the NXT fan base watch AEW over NXT.

It’s going to be a little mini Wednesday night war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's simple to me:

Live- AEW
    DVR- NXT

At least in the beginning. I know NXT will be good and thus can be saved to a later viewing. AEW is new and I want to see where they are going.
    Screw sabermetics.

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    It's simple to me:

Live- AEW
    DVR- NXT

At least in the beginning. I know NXT will be good and thus can be saved to a later viewing. AEW is new and I want to see where they are going.
    Yes.

Way to much wwe programming. There no close to being good enough to expect people to wanna watch all that. There definitely making a mistake.

There’s a lot of wwe programming, but nxt is a different beast. It’s a different fan base. It’ll be interesting how they go about it with the two hour shows, production levels, etc. I’m expecting Vince will keep his hands out of this as well. They could also call “down” more guys like they have with Fandango and Tyler Breeze and use them more correctly. I hope this doesn’t hurt AEW but I’m excited about the possibilities for NXT. I don’t think this will be a bad move for WWE. It might not last - I don’t know what the terms of the deal will be - but I don’t think this will be a bad move for WWE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they were saying that Vince was gonna oversee NXT if they move to USA

Quote Originally Posted by H-town Mastodon View Post
    Yeah, it's crazy. He's going to oversee three shows each week, plus PPVs, plus everything else he does for WWE and now the XFL.

I’ve only seen 1 NXT show and it was meh.

During today’s edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, which was record before WWE officially announced the NXT to USA Network move, Dave Meltzer discussed some of the rumored financial numbers for the deal. According to Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE is getting paid “$50 million or more” a year for NXT.

As noted previously, the early talk was that NXT would be moving to FOX Sports 1. That seemed to make sense with the Smackdown Live move to the FOX Network, plus a brand-new WWE “news” show that will air on FS1. However, Meltzer stated that one of the key reasons Vince McMahon made the USA Network deal was due to wrestling fans’ familiarity with WWE and wrestling on the USA Network. Plus, Monday Night Raw on USA will be able to promote NXT on Wednesday nights.

Meltzer added that it was a tough decision for WWE officials to make as there were good points for both networks, such as synergy with the WWE programming on FOX and FS1. Regarding the money WWE will make for the USA Network deal, Meltzer said, “The bottom is $50 million,” suggesting that WWE could be making $50 million or more a year from the deal.

By comparison, the FOX Network deal for Smackdown Live is $205 million a year. Additionally, USA Network already pays WWE $265 million per year for Monday Night Raw.

Because of the broadcast rights from the USA Network, Meltzer noted that this will make NXT for the first time a profitable brand for WWE. Up until this point, NXT has apparently been losing money for the promotion.

Meltzer stated that it’s still “to be determined” if NXT will broadcast at Full Sail University every week or every other week. He added that things can change depending on a “million different factors,” but this is what NXT will be doing “at the start.” He added that ratings will play a big impact on changes that could be made to NXT, stating, “I mean, if they’re not doing good in the ratings, they’re going to have Roman Reigns on the show every week. That’s just how it’s going to be.”

NXT debuts on the USA Network on Wednesday, September 18.
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-r...a-network-nxt/

It's official now. Looks like WWE is getting $50 million for it, which seems to me like a good deal. It will be interesting how many subscribers they lose from the network though.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I’ve only seen 1 NXT show and it was meh.
    I used to watch NXT regularly. I didn't stop due to a quality of the show/performers/etc. so much as I had other things that take over that day. I know it can be streamed any time, but I really think it's better when it airs. I still watch and enjoy the TakeOver events.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...to-usa-network

This is realy exciting, but I hope it does not end up like ECW and we see people there that don't fit in like Big Show and Kurt Angle was in ECW. They need to keep that organic feel of the show.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by H-town Mastodon View Post
    NXT is HHH thing, if Vince tries to make NXT into something similar to Raw/Smackdown then I will silently riot by refusing to watch anything WWE related.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    NXT is HHH thing, if Vince tries to make NXT into something similar to Raw/Smackdown then I will silently riot by refusing to watch anything WWE related.
    but I could see Vince having the attitude that it was fine for Triple H to run it while it was on the network but, now that it is coming to TV Vince is the big dog and has to have final say in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    but I could see Vince having the attitude that it was fine for Triple H to run it while it was on the network but, now that it is coming to TV Vince is the big dog and has to have final say in it.
    You would think Vince has enough on his plate with Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs and the XFL coming but I am worried he will make changes to NXT to make it more like those shows. The last thing NXT needs is to become a Smackdown or Raw lite.

Let HHH do his thing.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-21-2019 at 12:20 AM.

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You would think Vince has enough on his plate with Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs and the XFL coming but I am worried he will make changes to NXT to make it more like those shows. The last thing NXT needs is to become a Smackdown or Raw lite.

Let HHH do his thing.
    God. I seriously have a hard time believing he would try to take that on as well. Hes pig-headed but they put it on Wednesdays for a purpose. He wont be involved. If he ****s up NXT Im going to get an XFL tattoo over my heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast