Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,369

    Dolphins OTA/Camp thread

    Today was the 2nd day of Mini camp and the first day the media got to watch practice. Here's a few general notes.

    Reshad Jones didn't show this week. Flo says he's cool with it and he expects Reshad at mandatory camp.

    Fitz ran with the 1's and Rosen played primarily with the 2's. Rosen had a bit of a rough day fumbling a snap and throwing an INT, but overall was solid.

    Albert Wilson isn't practicing yet but Jakeem is getting some slight play. Parker was the only WR that got mentioned today outside of Geiscki and a few plays from the UDFA guy but I forget his name at the moment lul.

    Minkah played primarily from the safety spot today with Reshad's absence and Rowe played at starting CB. Although Coach Flo has said multiple times that Minkah will play all over.

    Nothing else really major of note.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    818
    Thanks, Kody.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    31,032
    New rules from the team don't allow media to say where players are lining up. Like they can't tell us if Minkah is playing FS, SS or what ever CB spot. It's a NE thing they have brought here. So just keep this in mind with some of the reporting. They can say who's running with the 1s and 2s I do believe though.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,369
    According to Omar that's how it's always been in terms of reporting. Only reason they can do it during TC is because fans are there. Although there may be some changes this year.

    But at the moment the only position they can really talk about is QB. Everything else is kind of hush hush. Omar mentioned that Raekwon was out yesterday with a small injury and it was interesting who they had replace him. Only reason they could mention Minkah playing safety yesterday was because Rowe talked about it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    New rules from the team don't allow media to say where players are lining up. Like they can't tell us if Minkah is playing FS, SS or what ever CB spot. It's a NE thing they have brought here. So just keep this in mind with some of the reporting. They can say who's running with the 1s and 2s I do believe though.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    They were pretty ambiguous about Wilson's injury status as well, or was it Grant? I would expect this was not by accident and that type of thing should continue.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,369
    Today's the last day of camp the media will be able to watch so a few notes will come out. Heres some highlights from Flo talked about before practice.

    Reshad Jones, who hasn't attended most OTAs, must earn starting job he's held for a long time.

    Charles Harris, whose been nursing wrist injury, is a Flo favorite. He got a ton of unsolicited praise from Flo.

    Flo loves FBs. Expect one in some form on team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    818
    I'm shocked. Maybe they are trying to inflate Harris value for a trade?? I see it is basically praising him for working hard. Kind of like Tannehill, I never questioned Harris' attitude or work ethic. He just never had the lower body strength to anchor against the run or the moves to rush the passer. Unless he has developed something more than his spin move, I would expect more of the same until we see or hear about results. In the end we are probably stuck with him this year because we don't have much at DE right now, but if he has a decent year, maybe you can trade him for a little return next year.

    Seems like Bobby McCain has been getting snaps at safety as some of you have mentioned I think.

    Preston Williams had a couple of contested TD catches so he may have a niche, plus more if he plays well and keeps his head straight. That's a guy that you could have and not rely on and if he has to be cut due to issues outside of football later on, maybe he at least brings out a little bit more of the physical out of Parker.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-29-2019 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,369
    Or maybe the coaching staff just likes what's hes done so far? I don't understand how people are so willing to move on from Harris. He was a 3-4 OLB from day one and we just tried to convince ourselves that he could play DE. Give him a shot in a scheme that should help him a lot more.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Or maybe the coaching staff just likes what's hes done so far? I don't understand how people are so willing to move on from Harris. He was a 3-4 OLB from day one and we just tried to convince ourselves that he could play DE. Give him a shot in a scheme that should help him a lot more.
    Oh he's at LB? That may or may not help in the future, you never know. But at the moment, the compliments are still based on effort, which we already know he has. That's why I'm not as excited as you might expect. When the start talking about him making a bunch of big plays (with the 1's) I'll get excited.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Oh he's at LB? That may or may not help in the future, you never know. But at the moment, the compliments are still based on effort, which we already know he has. That's why I'm not as excited as you might expect. When the start talking about him making a bunch of big plays (with the 1's) I'll get excited.
    At this point in the offseason the only thing you can look at is effort. You cant gauge trench play until the pads come on in Training Camp. But yes Harris will be playing OLB in this scheme. The other major improvement for him will be that the scheme asks players to read and react instead of just rushing up field. That was the number one thing the previous staff complained about with Harris, they always wanted him to just stop overthinking and rush up field. I'm not saying Harris is going to suddenly turn it around, but I do think this scheme will be better for him and he still has some talent.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    At this point in the offseason the only thing you can look at is effort. You cant gauge trench play until the pads come on in Training Camp. But yes Harris will be playing OLB in this scheme. The other major improvement for him will be that the scheme asks players to read and react instead of just rushing up field. That was the number one thing the previous staff complained about with Harris, they always wanted him to just stop overthinking and rush up field. I'm not saying Harris is going to suddenly turn it around, but I do think this scheme will be better for him and he still has some talent.
    Well, we'll see how it goes at LB. But that's the only news here for me. The effort is a given with Harris. To me that was the positive with him all along.

  12. 05-31-2019, 06:43 AM
    Reason
    Spam

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    I don't think it's a very good sign for Harris or Bobby that the new staff has changed their positions.

    Doesn't mean they can't do it, but does suggest the staff doesn't like their tape and is trying to something new with them.

    If they don't see major progress neither will be on the roster very long.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    31,032
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    I don't think it's a very good sign for Harris or Bobby that the new staff has changed their positions.

    Doesn't mean they can't do it, but does suggest the staff doesn't like their tape and is trying to something new with them.

    If they don't see major progress neither will be on the roster very long.
    Could be our other **** staffs have not being using them the correct way.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Could be our other **** staffs have not being using them the correct way.
    How did they use them wrong, they even gave Bobby an extension to continue to play cb. So obviously they were ok with him. New staff isn't.

    Bobby is good at a lot of things, but his lack of straight line sorry gets exposed. Clearly this staff doesn't like that.

    And Harris was a pass rushing de in college, we drafted him in the 1st round to rush the passer.

    He's garbage, that's why the new staff is looking for new positions for them.

    They both on the chopping block.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,369
    Harris was listed as a DE, but largely played standing up in college. It was the main reason most thought he would be a 3-4 OLB in the NFL but had the body that would make people think he could possibly play DE.

    And they signed Bobby to play Slot CB, and then proceeded to play him outside last year. The other reason you move Bobby around is because Minkah is an elite Slot CB already in his career. So instead of just asking Bobby to either cut his playing time, try moving him around to see if he can play some safety.

    To help further prove that point, Beasley with the Miami Herald just posted a great story where Minkah goes into detail about how inept the old staff was.

    "Fitzpatrick told the Miami Herald at the end of last season that he wanted to know by February which position he would play in 2019 so he could prepare properly.

    The answer he got back was, in essence, all of them.

    And thatís OK, Fitzpatrick explained in a way Wednesday that wasnít altogether flattering of the previous coaching staff.

    ďI wanted a position to focus on,Ē he said. ďLast year, I couldnít. I was playing multiple roles when I was at [Alabama], but I knew what I was going to be doing week to week. Last year, it was kind of all over the place. It was sporadic. It would change up halfway through the week. Some of it was because of injuries and some of it was because they didnít know where to put me.Ē

    He continued: ďThis year, I know where Iím going to be at. I know exactly what positions I need to learn, what concepts I need to learn. And Iím just more comfortable. I wasnít saying that I just wanted to learn just strong safety or corner. I wanted there to be a game plan so I could prepare the right way. Last year I couldnít prepare the right way, because I didnít know what I was doing. You could say I could study the whole defense, but you canít do that."

    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...231200548.html
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 06-06-2019 at 12:18 AM.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •