Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Shams Charania: Lakers sign Dwight Howard

The Lakers are expected to request permission soon to speak to Dwight Howard and there's mutual interest between the eight-time All-Star and L.A. in wake of DeMarcus Cousins' torn ACL, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Man, címon Memphis give us Iggy too!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Man, címon Memphis give us Iggy too!
    I think itís much easier for Memphis to negotiate a buyout with Dwight. Heís an expiring 5,6M contract. Iggy on the other end is a little tougher because he gonna make 17M, and he probably wants majority of that buyout knowing thatís his last time heíll see that type of money as a player in the NBA.

Yea, I definitely agree with that, Memphis has shown no intentions on buying out Iggy but like you said, I think Dwight will be bought out.

It was expected,might be a good option, of not we'll waive him like a carmelo.

Honestly, the more I keep thinking about Dwight on this team, the more I like it... this can be a low key huge pick up for us here...

I am not sure why they prefer DH over Faried. Faried played great for Rockets last season and even added a reliable 3 point shot to his game. I like him a heck lot better as a replacement for Cousins but oh well

If we tell Memphis we'll take Howard off their hands, they should give us Iggy out of thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    I am not sure why they prefer DH over Faried. Faried played great for Rockets last season and even added a reliable 3 point shot to his game. I like him a heck lot better as a replacement for Cousins but oh well
    Faried plays no defense, but I would prefer us to wait and see who hits the buyout market in a few months and sign a couple 10 day contracts until then, but I guess we could do worse than D12!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Honestly, the more I keep thinking about Dwight on this team, the more I like it... this can be a low key huge pick up for us here...
    I saw his interview with Kristine Leahy

Heís a much more mature man. When the dude acknowledged that he was soft and thanked Kobe for calling him that, self-admittance is a big thing. It takes a lot of ridding of ego to do that. Heís ready to make amends IMO and I feel he has a lot to prove.

People say Boogie was a force pre-injury, but they forget about Dwight. Dwight, LeBron and Kobe during those times were the 3 most impactful players in the league. Has his defense slipped in recent years? ... yes, due to age and losing athleticism. But I still feel he can contribute.

The difference between DMC & DH ... DMC redemption was injury related. DHís redemption might be a little injury related, but itís most Laker related. Iím sure in the back of his mind he wants redemption for how the 2012-13 season went down. And you gotta think Kobe and LeBron are complete opposites both basketball wise and personality wise. Dwight can be his joyful self while be held accountable by LeBron & AD and the Lakers organization.

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Faried lacks height. It doesnít make sense to put AD at the 4 and a much smaller Faried at the 5. Thatís just flat out weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    If we tell Memphis we'll take Howard off their hands, they should give us Iggy out of thanks.

Howard makes 5.6M. Itís not much of a financial hit for either side to come to terms of a buyout on letís say 3M.

Iggy makes 17M. Iím sure Memphis would rather pay him out like 5M and let him go, but I doubt Iggy will do that and take a 12M hit.

Thatís the difference

I didnt know we had to request permission from Memphis. This kind of puts a damper on that scenario. There is no NBA team that is going to help us.

If this happens it wont be until well after the season starts. We may need to consider the guys that are actually available right now and then waive them if Dwight is available. If that is even possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Bradley-Green-Lebron-AD-Dwight

Lebron is arguable the worst defender in that lineup, we surround him with shooting and defense.... Everyone go dust off those old Dwight Howard jerseys lol I don't really care about the past, we need to move forward and Howard arguably is a great fit with this team and gives us a shot at the Championship and that should be the only priority this season..
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 08-18-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I saw his interview with Kristine Leahy

Heís a much more mature man. When the dude acknowledged that he was soft and thanked Kobe for calling him that, self-admittance is a big thing. It takes a lot of ridding of ego to do that. Heís ready to make amends IMO and I feel he has a lot to prove.

People say Boogie was a force pre-injury, but they forget about Dwight. Dwight, LeBron and Kobe during those times were the 3 most impactful players in the league. Has his defense slipped in recent years? ... yes, due to age and losing athleticism. But I still feel he can contribute.

The difference between DMC & DH ... DMC redemption was injury related. DHís redemption might be a little injury related, but itís most Laker related. Iím sure in the back of his mind he wants redemption for how the 2012-13 season went down. And you gotta think Kobe and LeBron are complete opposites both basketball wise and personality wise. Dwight can be his joyful self while be held accountable by LeBron & AD and the Lakers organization.
    I share the same opinion on this. You're right by bringing his latest interview it was huge for LAL, that's why they want to bring him now, the only left person from 2012/2013 is Jeanie Buss.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast