Follow us on Twitter

Preseason Week 2: Seattle Seahawks vs Minnesota Vikings 8/18/18 7PM Central

Preseason Week 2

vs

Sunday, August 18 at 7PM local time

THEN
    NOW

gotta love 'referential' treatment

Starters done and really didn't move the ball all that well. One good pass to Adam and a PI was the bulk of yardage. Lots of different formations and personal sets.
    Oline looks okay in pass pro but trash run blocking.

Defense looked fine except for 3rd downs.
    It may just be me but it looks like Anthony Harris is super lost on every single passing play. Twice it has looked like Waynes and Alexander passed off coverage to him and he was stuck looking in the backfield.

I didn't catch who all didn't play on defense, but yeah for whatever reason the Seahawks had receivers not just a little bit open...and on several of those passes it was Harris running at them late (including the one Harry bailed him out on)....but the rush defense seemed weak as well.

Offense looked OK, not great....but, it's preseason week 2...we'll hope that's a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I didn't catch who all didn't play on defense, but yeah for whatever reason the Seahawks had receivers not just a little bit open...and on several of those passes it was Harris running at them late (including the one Harry bailed him out on)....but the rush defense seemed weak as well.

Offense looked OK, not great....but, it's preseason week 2...we'll hope that's a lot of it.
    I think Oneill and Cook were the only two to not start on Offense. Poona Ford pretty much destroyed our entire interior line on every single Run.

Defense Linval was the only person I think that sat. Line didn't seem to get much pressure at all. (Didn't seem they were going more than 85%)

Marcus Epps just lost whatever small shot he had of making the team......fall on the ball, dude!

Why is it that every time I see FB Blasingame he's doing something good?
    Abdullah hasn't played yet that I know of, meaning he's behind Boone...have yet to see that other RB we signed late...

Holton Hill played his last NFL snap tonight .

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Holton Hill played his last NFL snap tonight .
    I had a hockey game, so I missed the hit live, but saw one angle on a replay and it didn't look like it was 100% his fault. Lynch is like 6'7" and was awkwardly sliding/falling when he got hit. Sure he led with his head, but I'd have to see it a few more times before putting all of the blame on him. Watching the replay right now, so I should have a better idea tomorrow.

Also, I know it's only his second game, but Mattison looks like he should be behind Boone. Nowhere near as explosive.

Holton did himself no favors, for sure....he seemed proud of that hit until he saw the flag and the looks from the Seahawks players nearby. It wasn't a "dirty" hit given he was aiming for Lynch's chest before Lynch started his slide, but it was the type of hit the league is legislating out of the game. He was ejected by the replay officials in NY.

Ran into an article headlined 'Vikings do little to clarify Vedvick's place on the depth chart' but I thought one thing appeared clear. Didn't he punt every time except the last one when Wile did? What I don't know, or didn't catch, was who the holder was. To me it appears he'll be our punter, do kickoffs, and maybe get the longer FG attempts while, at least for now, Bailey will do most of the FG/XP kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Holton did himself no favors, for sure....he seemed proud of that hit until he saw the flag and the looks from the Seahawks players nearby. It wasn't a "dirty" hit given he was aiming for Lynch's chest before Lynch started his slide, but it was the type of hit the league is legislating out of the game. He was ejected by the replay officials in NY.

Ran into an article headlined 'Vikings do little to clarify Vedvick's place on the depth chart' but I thought one thing appeared clear. Didn't he punt every time except the last one when Wile did? What I don't know, or didn't catch, was who the holder was. To me it appears he'll be our punter, do kickoffs, and maybe get the longer FG attempts while, at least for now, Bailey will do most of the FG/XP kicking.
    Rewatched the hit in real time and he got him high, but definitely not malicious. Reminded me of the Lamarcus Joyner hit on Teddy. I actually thought Hill stood out in coverage last night. He could be a starter on this team next year if he stops royally ****ing up.

The radio said Beebe was the holder which PA and Greg Coleman aren't fans of (if he ends up being the 3rd WR). It makes sense to me. He won't have the necessary time to practice it, and, if he plays, he'll get beat up throughout the season and you don't want him having to go hold a big field goal if he's still thinking about a crucial 3rd down drop.

I donít know enough about how that rule works. I figured with him being kicked out of the game that it was his fault.

2nd team o-line has been dominating in the first two preseason games. Wonder if a guy like Samia is playing his way into the starting lineup. Kline has looked below average in my opinion and Elflein doesnít show enough strength to move big defensive tackles off the ball. Something to at least keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    2nd team o-line has been dominating in the first two preseason games. Wonder if a guy like Samia is playing his way into the starting lineup. Kline has looked below average in my opinion and Elflein doesnít show enough strength to move big defensive tackles off the ball. Something to at least keep an eye on.
    I feel like Samia wonít take over for Kline due to money unless Kline gets injured.

On that note about the offensive line... both preseason games so far, they havenít allowed a sack. I know itís only preseason, but I see it as a positive thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I feel like Samia wonít take over for Kline due to money unless Kline gets injured.

On that note about the offensive line... both preseason games so far, they havenít allowed a sack. I know itís only preseason, but I see it as a positive thing!
    If you have the Vikings app or go on Vikings.com Brian Baldinger has already cut up a bunch of film on Bradberry and analyzes the major upgrade heís provided us with through the first 2 preseason games. Cousins has had squeaky clean pockets to step up into and Bradberry is a HUGE reason why.