Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Does anyone notice that Muncy has the 4th highest WAR in baseball behind Trout, Bellinger, and Yelich?
    I did notice that.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I did notice that.
    He is actually tied for 7th. The ESPN site was missing a few players off the top of the list.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

    Rest? The team has a day off tomorrow. I am not making it sound like the Braves suck. I'm just saying that a series like this should be taken more seriously, than say, the Blue Jays series coming up. You have to have your big guns like Muncy in your lineup against a team like the Braves.




    Having an all-righty lineup (except for Bellinger) versus a left-handed pitcher is called overmanaging.
    The thing is that these games aren't super meaningful at this point. Roberts wouldn't do something like that in a playoff game, for instance, just like he wouldn't pitch maeda in the first game as a starter and then have a bullpen game on the 3rd game. Sure, it's annoying to lose, but it's also not that big of a deal at this point. If we were playing our best lineups, we probably sweep this series, but Roberts isn't going all out at this point and wants to give other guys opportunities.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    30,289

    Los Angeles Dodgers @ Atlanta Braves

    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    He is actually tied for 7th. The ESPN site was missing a few players off the top of the list.
    Currently I see:

    Mike Trout8.2

    Cody Bellinger8.1

    Mike Minor7.3
    Alex Bregman6.2
    Lance Lynn6.1
    Christian Yelich5.9
    Matt Chapman5.7
    Ketel Marte5.6
    Justin Verlander5.4
    Max Scherzer5.4
    Marcus Semien5.3
    Max Muncy. 5.3


    Then RYU at 5.2


    Ah I see what you did. Muncy is tied for 7th non pitcher.

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,287
    And, of course, it all depends on which source you trust most...

    Neither BBref nor Fangraphs have him in the top ten, but what all three sites agree on is that he is an elite player in the league and that he could very well be a top one or two player on any competitive team regardless of position. Thatís pretty crazy to say considering how he was acquired.

    Also of note, Justin Turner is absolutely killing it lately and may end the season by returning to his right place as one of the best WAR producing 3Bs in all the land.

    Heís suddenly at 3.7 bWAR. His fWAR is only 2.9, but theyíve given him a pretty bad defensive score which Iím not sold on.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    30,289
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    And, of course, it all depends on which source you trust most...

    Neither BBref nor Fangraphs have him in the top ten, but what all three sites agree on is that he is an elite player in the league and that he could very well be a top one or two player on any competitive team regardless of position. Thatís pretty crazy to say considering how he was acquired.

    Also of note, Justin Turner is absolutely killing it lately and may end the season by returning to his right place as one of the best WAR producing 3Bs in all the land.

    Heís suddenly at 3.7 bWAR. His fWAR is only 2.9, but theyíve given him a pretty bad defensive score which Iím not sold on.
    Yeah itís crazy about Muncy. Heíd seriously be the star of most other teams, Justin turner also.

    I donít get the defensive metrics. I havenít watched every game but i always come away thinking that turner is a really good fielder. That being said, FanGraphs gives him a -13.4 ultimate zone rating which is pretty ****ing bad.. itís interesting

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,683
    Muncy and Bellinger are both going to have 100 rbi's this season. I can't think off the top of my head the last time there were two lefties on the same team that both had 100 driven in. Maybe Bonds and Bonilla but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    15,794
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Muncy and Bellinger are both going to have 100 rbi's this season. I can't think off the top of my head the last time there were two lefties on the same team that both had 100 driven in. Maybe Bonds and Bonilla but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.
    Griffey and Buhner?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Muncy and Bellinger are both going to have 100 rbi's this season. I can't think off the top of my head the last time there were two lefties on the same team that both had 100 driven in. Maybe Bonds and Bonilla but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.
    Bonilla was a switch-hitter.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Griffey and Buhner?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Buhner was right-handed.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Muncy and Bellinger are both going to have 100 rbi's this season. I can't think off the top of my head the last time there were two lefties on the same team that both had 100 driven in. Maybe Bonds and Bonilla but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.
    I'm pretty sure Larry Walker and Todd Helton did it.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,743
    Jacoby Ellsbury and David Ortiz drove in 100+ in 2011.
    Robinson Cano and Curtis Granderson also did it in 2011.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 08-20-2019 at 12:32 AM.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    15,794
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Griffey and Buhner?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was he? My childhood memory says he was left.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The thing is that these games aren't super meaningful at this point. Roberts wouldn't do something like that in a playoff game, for instance, just like he wouldn't pitch maeda in the first game as a starter and then have a bullpen game on the 3rd game. Sure, it's annoying to lose, but it's also not that big of a deal at this point. If we were playing our best lineups, we probably sweep this series, but Roberts isn't going all out at this point and wants to give other guys opportunities.

    The games still have some meaning: home field advantage in the World Series!

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Was he? My childhood memory says he was left.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, he was right-handed.
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...uhneja01.shtml

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •