Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Does anyone notice that Muncy has the 4th highest WAR in baseball behind Trout, Bellinger, and Yelich?
    I did notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I did notice that.
    He is actually tied for 7th. The ESPN site was missing a few players off the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

Rest? The team has a day off tomorrow. I am not making it sound like the Braves suck. I'm just saying that a series like this should be taken more seriously, than say, the Blue Jays series coming up. You have to have your big guns like Muncy in your lineup against a team like the Braves.

Having an all-righty lineup (except for Bellinger) versus a left-handed pitcher is called overmanaging.
    The thing is that these games aren't super meaningful at this point. Roberts wouldn't do something like that in a playoff game, for instance, just like he wouldn't pitch maeda in the first game as a starter and then have a bullpen game on the 3rd game. Sure, it's annoying to lose, but it's also not that big of a deal at this point. If we were playing our best lineups, we probably sweep this series, but Roberts isn't going all out at this point and wants to give other guys opportunities.

Los Angeles Dodgers @ Atlanta Braves

He is actually tied for 7th. The ESPN site was missing a few players off the top of the list.
    Currently I see:

Mike Trout8.2

Cody Bellinger8.1

Mike Minor7.3
    Alex Bregman6.2
    Lance Lynn6.1
    Christian Yelich5.9
    Matt Chapman5.7
    Ketel Marte5.6
    Justin Verlander5.4
    Max Scherzer5.4
    Marcus Semien5.3
    Max Muncy. 5.3

Then RYU at 5.2

Ah I see what you did. Muncy is tied for 7th non pitcher.

Your baby can't do this

And, of course, it all depends on which source you trust most...

Neither BBref nor Fangraphs have him in the top ten, but what all three sites agree on is that he is an elite player in the league and that he could very well be a top one or two player on any competitive team regardless of position. Thatís pretty crazy to say considering how he was acquired.

Also of note, Justin Turner is absolutely killing it lately and may end the season by returning to his right place as one of the best WAR producing 3Bs in all the land.

Heís suddenly at 3.7 bWAR. His fWAR is only 2.9, but theyíve given him a pretty bad defensive score which Iím not sold on.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    And, of course, it all depends on which source you trust most...

Neither BBref nor Fangraphs have him in the top ten, but what all three sites agree on is that he is an elite player in the league and that he could very well be a top one or two player on any competitive team regardless of position. Thatís pretty crazy to say considering how he was acquired.

Also of note, Justin Turner is absolutely killing it lately and may end the season by returning to his right place as one of the best WAR producing 3Bs in all the land.

Heís suddenly at 3.7 bWAR. His fWAR is only 2.9, but theyíve given him a pretty bad defensive score which Iím not sold on.
    Yeah itís crazy about Muncy. Heíd seriously be the star of most other teams, Justin turner also.

I donít get the defensive metrics. I havenít watched every game but i always come away thinking that turner is a really good fielder. That being said, FanGraphs gives him a -13.4 ultimate zone rating which is pretty ****ing bad.. itís interesting

Your baby can't do this

Muncy and Bellinger are both going to have 100 rbi's this season. I can't think off the top of my head the last time there were two lefties on the same team that both had 100 driven in. Maybe Bonds and Bonilla but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Muncy and Bellinger are both going to have 100 rbi's this season. I can't think off the top of my head the last time there were two lefties on the same team that both had 100 driven in. Maybe Bonds and Bonilla but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.
    Griffey and Buhner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonilla was a switch-hitter.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Griffey and Buhner?

I think Buhner was right-handed.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I'm pretty sure Larry Walker and Todd Helton did it.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Jacoby Ellsbury and David Ortiz drove in 100+ in 2011.
    Robinson Cano and Curtis Granderson also did it in 2011.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 08-20-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Griffey and Buhner?

Was he? My childhood memory says he was left.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The thing is that these games aren't super meaningful at this point. Roberts wouldn't do something like that in a playoff game, for instance, just like he wouldn't pitch maeda in the first game as a starter and then have a bullpen game on the 3rd game. Sure, it's annoying to lose, but it's also not that big of a deal at this point. If we were playing our best lineups, we probably sweep this series, but Roberts isn't going all out at this point and wants to give other guys opportunities.

The games still have some meaning: home field advantage in the World Series!

Future Hall of Shamers:

Was he? My childhood memory says he was left.

Yes, he was right-handed.
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...uhneja01.shtml

Future Hall of Shamers:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast