Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I completely agree. I was having this conversation with someone on here the other day. He's alright defensively but he's not as great as he's perceived. I would rather pick up Billy Hamilton as a cheap replacement and non tender Almora in the offseason.
    You are also gaining better defense at second if you play Russell. Maybe the Happ experiment at 2nd is done. And he goes to center. So you get worse defense in center but better defense at second. And, dare I say, a better bat in the line up with Russell over Almora.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Really? 2012-2013?
    I knew those teams would be bad. This team I thought would be elite and for some reason its creating a feeling of indifference

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I never expected Almora to be a star, but damn he has really regressed the last couple years. He looked like a good platoon option/late inning defensive replacement. It seems the more he plays, the worse he gets.

So we are against Musgrove tonight. He has a 4.71 era this season but has not given up an earned run against us in 9 innings this season and has a 1.23 era in 5 career starts against the Cubs. One of those weird pitchers who sucks against pretty much everyone else but dominates the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Too wrapped up in Cubs misery to see Pirates misery. The Cubs are pretty considerable betting favorites.

Itís baseball, anything can happen, but thereís no reason to expect the Cubs will get swept or lose this series other than extreme pessimism.
    You did see where I said "I hope to be wrong" correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Not worth the effort of pressing the buttons at the moment. Taking a break from the Cubs tonight, will look at the score occasionally. Maybe my absence will bring them luck
    That's where I am at, also. Mentally fatigued about the Cubs. Don't really want to watch pre-season football but I also don't want to watch the Cubs at this moment.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    You are also gaining better defense at second if you play Russell. Maybe the Happ experiment at 2nd is done. And he goes to center. So you get worse defense in center but better defense at second. And, dare I say, a better bat in the line up with Russell over Almora.
    I don't remember where I read this but Almora is having the worst Cubs offensive season since Nate Shierholtz in 2014. Worse than Heyward in 2016. And Almora's 69 wRC would be much worse if he didn't hit 12 HRs due to a juiced baseball.

Cubs at Pirates IGT: Redemption Tour begins

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    You did see where I said "I hope to be wrong" correct?
    What does that have to do with anything? I responded to your expectation, not your hope.

To be perfectly clear, expect whatever youíd like. Who knows what will happen, itís baseball. Iím just pointing out that for all of our frustrations the Pirates have been so much worse and the Cubs are heavy betting favorites. The Cubs are more likely than not to have a good weekend. Weíll see if that actually happens.
    Last edited by CP_414; 08-16-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Russell is definitely a better bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no lineup, and game is in 2 1/2 hours.

They must really be pushing Javy to play tonight if thatís the case, unless thereís something else going on.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    I have Bears season tickets. I like football. I like college football. I like fantasy football. I like betting football.
    I cannot watch preseason football. I just canít.
    I really can't understand feeling any other way about preseason football.

It's a game where neither team is actually trying to win. Someone has to win because that's how the rules are set up, but neither team cares if it's them.

Kinda removes the most fundamental element of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    With Russell back up and Happ here I would have thought Kemp would be more expendable then Almora and his defense. Kemp has been pretty useless
    I mean kemp is under control for 4 more years. He could be useful in the future.

And sign me up for Hamilton. Iíve always thought he would be a great value for us if heís used the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect the pirates to find new and unique ways to lose to the Cubs. That being said, this team just scored 8 runs in 3 games in philly. It seems like it might be similar to preseason football. It makes it hard to tell if anyone is trying to win

Isn't Hendricks going today? We need this one before Lester goes.
    Oh, yeah. My mistake. Well hopefully Hendricks pitches like he has most of the year and tomorrow Lester is back to his old form.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Still no lineup, and game is in 2 1/2 hours.

They must really be pushing Javy to play tonight if thatís the case, unless thereís something else going on.
    Maybe they want Russell in the line up but they are not sure if his equipment got here or not.

Maybe they want Russell in the line up but they are not sure if his equipment got here or not.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast