Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Russell back?

That hurts me more than losing last night.
    For me, not even close. The loss hurt much more. If Russell is better for the roster, I want him here. And losing Almora is not losing anything really. I only wish they did it before yesterday's game. Maybe we would be talking about what a terrible loss they had yesterday. He went down and played well. Almora sucks. Russell deserves to be back up.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Same (except I donít have Bears season tickets). I can watch a series or two but then I lose interest. Same with Spring training baseball. Iím completely obsessed with baseball but if Iím not at the game in person or if there isnít some top prospect in the game at that moment, Iím not watching.
    Spring training and minor league games sound like a fun time. And then about the 5th or 6th inning, itís like ďwhen is this going to end?Ē
    Spring training is a little different because itís vacation and a real chance of interaction with baseball people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Billy Hamilton DFAíd
    Maybe we can pick him up as our Sept speed guy. He can take Almora's spot as the defensive replacement and offers better defense and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    For me, not even close. The loss hurt much more. If Russell is better for the roster, I want him here. And losing Almora is not losing anything really. I only wish they did it before yesterday's game. Maybe we would be talking about what a terrible loss they had yesterday. He went down and played well. Almora sucks. Russell deserves to be back up.
    Yeah I mentioned this idea the other day. I knew it was an unpopular opinion but from a baseball standpoint it is the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    With Russell back up and Happ here I would have thought Kemp would be more expendable then Almora and his defense. Kemp has been pretty useless
    Is Almora even good on defense?

This year he has - 3 DRS and a 0.0 UZR/150. In 2016, 2017, 3019 combined he has -4 DRS and a UZR/150 around 0.

Last year his metrics were good. 9 DRS and a 2.9 UZR/150.

Heís fine in CF, but heís not as good as Cubs fans think he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Russell back up and Happ here I would have thought Kemp would be more expendable then Almora and his defense. Kemp has been pretty useless
    Cant sent Kemp down. They would have to release him. Almora had options.

This year he has - 3 DRS and a 0.0 UZR/150. In 2016, 2017, 3019 combined he has -4 DRS and a UZR/150 around 0.

Sorry, there I go using my eyes again

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Maybe we can pick him up as our Sept speed guy. He can take Almora's spot as the defensive replacement and offers better defense and speed.
    Interested. Heís a legitimately good defender in CF and impactful runner.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Cant sent Kemp down. They would have to release him. Almora had options.
    I figured. No big loss if he is released with Russell back up and Zobrist likely coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Yeah I mentioned this idea the other day. I knew it was an unpopular opinion but from a baseball standpoint it is the right move.
    A lot of people view Russell through his personal life. And I get that. But for me, it is about who are the best 25 guys. I hate what he did personally. But if the league allows him to play and the Cubs allow him to be in the organization and he is a top 25 guy on the 40 man roster, he should be here. Ideally he would have been here yesterday. IMO, we win that game if he was here.

Sorry, there I go using my eyes again
    That must be the problem. Use better eyes next time.

Almora sucks, good to see him sent down. Total bust of a pick.

I figured. No big loss if he is released with Russell back up and Zobrist likely coming soon.
    If you can just send Almora down then you do that. Not like he is anything special either. Kemp might be a utility guy next year. Why have to have him DFA when you can just send Almora down?

Almoraís defense isnít even good anymore so I donít think itís an issue.

I completely agree. I was having this conversation with someone on here the other day. He's alright defensively but he's not as great as he's perceived. He just makes easy catches look tough. I would rather pick up Billy Hamilton as a cheap replacement and non tender Almora in the offseason.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast