Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Gotta think the Pirates are going to do whatever it takes to score a run here..

Well, this is horrifying...

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Sad thing is that we could quite possibly replace 3 players off this team for 3 contact hitters from the Orioles and Royals and quite possibly have a better offense.
    Not sure if it was I mentioned it but that exactly what this team misses..

This team was much much better when they had Fowler and Zobrist in the lineup..
    Couple guys who take pitches and makes good contact

They never replaced Fowler and losing Zobrist has hurt them tremendously this year.

Pirates suck

Runners in scoring position in 4 different innings and no outs and couldn't score..
    Last edited by chibears55; 08-17-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Alec Mills is not an MLB starter. Why anyone brings his name up is beyond me. He's a 5.00 FIP/xFIP at the AAA level. He's a replacement player who belongs there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Pirates suck

Runners in scoring position in 4 different innings and no outs and couldn't score..
    Yeah they are a terrible team. Along with the reds, two teams we should have no trouble beating.

Not sure if it was I mentioned it but that exactly what this team misses..

This team was much much better when they had Fowler and Zobrist in the lineup..
    Couple guys who take pitches and makes good contact

They never replaced Fowler and losing Zobrist has hurt them tremendously this year.
    This team is certainly in desperate need of contact hitters. There is so much swing and miss in the lineup that they get exploited easily. They canít continue to rely on only doing damage against fastballs, itís not a sustainable model. Every offense will slump but the Cubs offense will slump more than a contender should.

I do believe this year is a forgone conclusion unfortunately. Yes, we can win the division because itís not a very good division (not even that is written in stone) and make the NLDS, but I donít see this team stopping anyone in a playoff series tbf.

While he did drill Marte, Chatwood still threw a bunch of strikes. Good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Alec Mills is not an MLB starter. Why anyone brings his name up is beyond me. He's a 5.00 FIP/xFIP at the AAA level. He's a replacement player who belongs there.

You're right, I was just tossing out names and he was only one I could think of at that moment from Iowa, probably cause he just pitched the other day..lol

I said up to 75 mil, obviously salary relief could be involved..

You can add 3 pitchers around Hendricks and Quintana, they dont need five 20 to 25 mil dollars starters ..

5th starter could be someone from their system like Mills or Alzolay o whomever, or a trade for one..

They can trade for or sign another for 20 or less as a 4th starter

Their main prize could be Cole, probably around 25 to 28 per

As far Darvish goes, nobody knows what going on his head or what he will want to do..
    I'm not saying he definitely will opt out but there a legit chance he might risk it or maybe he might just want out of Chicago

It can be done, just need to be creative
    I see Cole getting in the range of 5/120.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

This is very true. He's just not good at all.

Are they really gonna do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    While he did drill Marte, Chatwood still threw a bunch of strikes. Good to see.
    My bad. Although I wasnít expecting him to go back out there.

Tyler Chatwood has 20 strikeouts and 3 walks in his last 15 innings.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 08-17-2019 at 04:21 PM.

I really can't complain whatever happens here. I've been wanting Wick to get a shot.

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast