Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    I really think weíll see Joe fired anytime now.
    Joe isn't why they lost tonight. He has too much garbage to work with. I love Theo and that he brought us a championship, but man, he has really filled this roster with a bunch of bad players.

If Im Ricketts id clean house and dump Theo and Joe. Ricketts is too cheap to pay someone now though since hes just pocketing profit now instead of putting it into the team.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Joe isn't why they lost tonight. He has too much garbage to work with. I love Theo and that he brought us a championship, but man, he has really filled this roster with a bunch of bad players.
    This is it in a nutshell. Thank you Theo for what you did through 2016 but since then this roster has been in a steady decline, with this year seeing a massive drop.

Maddon and the other coaches are the issue imo. Hitters are talented but suck at executing. Theo needs to be retained at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Maddon and the other coaches are the issue imo. Hitters are talented but suck at executing. Theo needs to be retained at all costs.
    We replace the hitting coach annually, maybe its the players

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Oh, Iím with you. Just think they might make a desperation move.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    We replace the hitting coach annually, maybe its the players
    I think it's a player development issue too. This is why a lot of former Cubs players are finding success elsewhere in the majors.

Why so he can sign more ****** FAs?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    **** that. I feel like Joe has lost us about 10 games in the last 30 alone with his poor pitching moves. This team should be 15 over at this point and heading toward another 95 wins.

This one I don't put any blame on though.
    He also won 95 games last year, and they had no business winning that many with all the problems they had. I have questioned his pen usage in the past (including last night). I wouldn't say he lost us 10 games though. The fact is there is way more blame then that. The offense is leaving too many guys stranded in scoring position when they can tack on a few runs. The way the offense has been, it leaves no room for error for the pitching staff which is why it gets magnified so much.

Yesterday was a **** show, no doubt. They scored two runs tonight and if Hendricks doesn't have a great game, they don't even have the lead in the 9th. That has happened way too often lately. Plus the fact that the bullpen just sucks, no way around it. No matter who he goes to lately, they blow it. There is no right answer anymore in the pen. It's put x player in and cross your fingers. That's on the players and on Theo for not developing better pitching or finding guys for cheap that can be productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Yeah, I donít get why Joe gets so much blame. If Joe goes then fine but a new guy is not going to change much, this is a personnel issue. People need to come to grips that this roster top to bottom is not that good, its not loaded with talent like some still fantasize.
    Yup, Cubs are the most beatable team in the league. There isnít one pitcher in this league scared to face this lineup, garbage offense again. Couldíve really used that extra run in the 8th but no, impossible to happen. Thereís a different demeanor to this team, you can see it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post

He does suck at signing big name FA's and sometimes trades. But he knows how to handle a rebuild. He took our **** farm and turned it into a powerhouse in like 2 years.

He does suck at signing big name FA's and sometimes trades. But he knows how to handle a rebuild. He took our **** farm and turned it into a powerhouse in like 2 years.
    Why hasnt he been able to retain a powerhouse farm then the last 3 years? I agree hes good at building something up but once he gets his team he goes pants on head stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post

Darvish has been pretty good. Heyward is finally what we all expected. Even Chatwood has been fine when needed this year. I'm not blaming Theo. Players like Daniel Descalso being horrible is not why this team is disappointing.

Things are easier when you just admit that we arenít a good team lol

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Oh, Iím with you. Just think they might make a desperation move.
    I donít think so. That would shift the focus.
    They donít want that.

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast