Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 676
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,709
    The last 2 days are on me. Yesterday I came in here up 5-1 asking whatís new and today I was composing such an awesome post up 2-1.

    Sorry guys.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,923
    I really think weíll see Joe fired anytime now.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Was Hendricks really only at 77 pitches? I didnt turn it on til the 8th

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, he was only at 77, but you may not question the decision.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,411
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Was Hendricks really only at 77 pitches? I didnt turn it on til the 8th

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah but we were down a run and Happ came through with a big hit and scored on the triple

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,432
    Glad I didnít watch this one, just seen the final score. Lol at the people saying easy sweep and how big the odds were in the Cubs favor, this team is completely broken and stats do not paint an accurate picture.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,247
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    So that's 10 runs in 4 games. When are the Cubs magically gonna be better on the road? Or can we finally admit this team isn't very good?
    Wasn't this already determined before the season though? All the predictions had them around a .500 team or a little over. I think our expectations were too high to think they would be much better than that. I think the team they are now is what they were projected to be from the start.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    The last 2 days are on me. Yesterday I came in here up 5-1 asking whatís new and today I was composing such an awesome post up 2-1.

    Sorry guys.
    Dammit JH. Way to drag us all down

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I officially give up on this team on the road...

    Just fire Maddon and see what Loretta can do the rest of the way...
    Dude seriously. Our pen is trash. Loretta canít change that. Itís like people canít wait to type ďfire JoeĒ after every single loss. Itís so laughable that anybody thinks a new manager will change something. Yeah letís just fire a guy from his job with 1 month left just so we can say we did something. The same guy that managed us to 4 straight playoff appearances. A World Series and the best 4-5 year stretch of Cubs baseball in our lifetime.

    Our problems are WAY bigger than Joe Maddon. Sorry to break your heart.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,247
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    Yes, he was only at 77, but you may not question the decision.
    Well it made sense to pinch hit for him. Happ got a hit and scored. They wouldn't have gotten two runs if they didn't.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Wasn't this already determined before the season though? All the predictions had them around a .500 team or a little over. I think our expectations were too high to think they would be much better than that. I think the team they are now is what they were projected to be from the start.
    **** that. I feel like Joe has lost us about 10 games in the last 30 alone with his poor pitching moves. This team should be 15 over at this point and heading toward another 95 wins.

    This one I don't put any blame on though.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    6,955
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yeah but we were down a run and Happ came through with a big hit and scored on the triple
    Gotcha. I didnt realize Happ was a pinch hitter.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  12. #252
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Wasn't this already determined before the season though? All the predictions had them around a .500 team or a little over. I think our expectations were too high to think they would be much better than that. I think the team they are now is what they were projected to be from the start.
    I thought they were better than this, but we've had a whole year of dismissive posts by people who study the game significantly more telling us they were good. It's just interesting that they seem shocked by something that's been happening literally all year long and at least one projection site called.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    6,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Dude seriously. Our pen is trash. Loretta canít change that. Itís like people canít wait to type ďfire JoeĒ after every single loss. Itís so laughable that anybody thinks a new manager will change something. Yeah letís just fire a guy from his job with 1 month left just so we can say we did something. The same guy that managed us to 4 straight playoff appearances. A World Series and the best 4-5 year stretch of Cubs baseball in our lifetime.

    Our problems are WAY bigger than Joe Maddon. Sorry to break your heart.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this but Maddon is a problem. His schtick is old and its trickled its way to lack of discipline and mental toughness on the field.

    He also has no clue how to manage pitchers

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,432
    Yeah, I donít get why Joe gets so much blame. If Joe goes then fine but a new guy is not going to change much, this is a personnel issue. People need to come to grips that this roster top to bottom is not that good, its not loaded with talent like some still fantasize.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,588
    2 runs or fewer in 9 out of our last 20 games.

    You can pretty much flip a coin to determine whether our offense will do absolutely nothing.

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •