Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Cubs at Pirates IGT: Redemption Tour begins

Why did i make a plain IGT? Because theyíre so **** on the road, they donít deserve a nice looking IGT.

So hereís the basics:

Friday at 6:10 pm: Hendricks vs Musgrove
    Saturday at 12:35 pm: Lester vs Brault
    Sunday at 6:10 (LLC Game in Williamsport): Quintana vs Keller

Pirates are 6-25 since the ASB. Anything less than a series win is a ****ing abomination.

#500orDie
    #WeWillRiseAgain
    #HamSalad2019
    #CroceStillSucks

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Sweep.

It has to happen at some point right? Why not now.

I might be the shot in the arm this team needs. Maybe Iím ready for a return?

Well I was way wrong on the Phillies series. I thought they would break their streak of losing series in Philly. Have to do it here. Sweep preferably. But 2 of 3 would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If you must, lead us the way Dawk.

Iím using your hashtags as a source of inspiration

2016 World Series Champions!!!

The sharp money is on ****ing abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Stepping in before a series at Pittsburgh and then 11 out of 14 at home would be a smooth move.

Hopefully they are fired up after last night and come out guns blazing and Lester is back to his old form.

Got a busy weekend so may not be able to anyway, but kind of feel like just tuning out on Cubs baseball entirely this weekend. Last night was too depressing. I try not to get upset at losses anymore but last night was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Got a busy weekend so may not be able to anyway, but kind of feel like just tuning out on Cubs baseball entirely this weekend. Last night was too depressing. I try not to get upset at losses anymore but last night was brutal.
    I blame whoever started talking about a 6-4 roadtrip in about the 6th inning last night.

I mean, have we learned nothing about this sport? About this team? About poking the Baseball Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Hopefully they are fired up after last night and come out guns blazing and Lester is back to his old form.
    Isn't Hendricks going today? We need this one before Lester goes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I am of the same mind. I watch virtually EVERY Cubs game. And I mean from start to finish, most every day and night. And, I already decided to take a break on them. Might check in, watch an inning or have it on the tablet. But I will be watching something else. Or better yet, maybe even just go out tonight and not bother with them at all.
    Games I miss, I record. And try my best not to find out the score. I watch those as well. But not going to do it, at least for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I am of the same mind. I watch virtually EVERY Cubs game. And I mean from start to finish, most every day and night. And, I already decided to take a break on them. Might check in, watch an inning or have it on the tablet. But I will be watching something else. Or better yet, maybe even just go out tonight and not bother with them at all.
    Games I miss, I record. And try my best not to find out the score. I watch those as well. But not going to do it, at least for tonight.
    Right there with you.

I am not saying I WANT this by any means but it was kind of nice following the team during the rebuild. You went into every game with the expectation that the team would lose, the game wouldn't really matter and if they won you were happy. Just enjoying baseball for the sake of baseball. Now, I'd rather have a winning team without a doubt, but in some ways it is a less enjoyable fan experience. Since the games mean more, every loss feels significant. Obviously the dream is a team like the 2016 Cubs who win so much that losses don't even feel like they matter.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Stepping in before a series at Pittsburgh and then 11 out of 14 at home would be a smooth move.
    So 11 of their next 17 are at home? Well I would like to see and 11-6 stretch right about now. Then the stretch run begins.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast