Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Use the new IGT you dolts!
    I would, but it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I would, but it sucks.
    You're so grouchy these days. Eat a snickers.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .556AVG/.606OBP/.815SLG/1.421OPS/8RBIs/0 Dingers

You're so grouchy these days. Eat a snickers.
    Iím actually good. Iíve just lost patience with the people who want to come on here and call others ďdick sucking apologistsĒ and then chit chat with them. Or who think ďthe Cubs donít suck dickĒ is clever.

I had a mini Reeseís cup earlier anyway.

Iím actually good. Iíve just lost patience with the people who want to come on here and call others ďdick sucking apologistsĒ and then chit chat with them. Or who think ďthe Cubs donít suck dickĒ is clever.

Oh, well then, I don;t want you in my iGT anyways, so there!

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .556AVG/.606OBP/.815SLG/1.421OPS/8RBIs/0 Dingers

Let it go, bro.......

I had a few vodkas in me, and it put me over the edge. It happens, and I apologize.

Cubs at Pirates IGT: Redemption Tour begins

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Let it go, bro.......

I had a few vodkas in me, and it put me over the edge. It happens, and I apologize.
    You should apologize before telling someone to let it go, if you feel the need to apologize at all.

You should apologize before telling someone to let it go, if you feel the need to apologize at all.
    I did feel the need to apologize. You don't know me. If I didn't feel the need to apologize, I wouldn't have.

You just don't seem like the forgiving or understanding type that would just let it go.

Again......I'm sorry, CP

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I did feel the need to apologize. You don't know me. If I didn't feel the need to apologize, I wouldn't have.

You just don't seem like the forgiving or understanding type that would just let it go.

Again......I'm sorry, CP
    Do you not see the irony in claiming I donít know you and then you immediately saying that I donít seem like the forgiving or understanding type? If I donít know you, how the **** do you know me?

I think weíve been talking on here long enough where we both probably have a good idea what the other is like.

If you want to apologize, thatís great (and accepted), but apologies donít start with ďlet it go, bro.Ē If you want to stop posting baiting troll **** when you are sad and canít handle your booze, that would be great too. If you want to stop the homophobic stuff, thatís even better.

Weíre fine. Iím not grouchy if I point out other peopleís BS. If you knew me in real life youíd know Iím rarely grouchy but especially now Iím far less annoyed with anything than Iíve been in a really long time. If you come through a situation that changes your perspective you become less interested in dealing with peopleís BS. What you said was BS so I pointed it out. If I post a bunch of baiting BS, someone should call me on my crap, too. Thatís all.
    Last edited by CP_414; 08-19-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Do you not see the irony in claiming I donít know you and then you immediately saying that I donít seem like the forgiving or understanding type? If I donít know you, how the **** do you know me?

I think weíve been talking on here long enough where we both probably have a good idea what the other is like.

If you want to apologize, thatís great (and accepted), but apologies donít start with ďlet it go, bro.Ē If you want to stop posting baiting troll **** when you are sad and canít handle your booze, that would be great too. If you want to stop the homophobic stuff, thatís even better.

Weíre fine. Iím not grouchy if I point out other peopleís BS. If you knew me in real life youíd know Iím rarely grouchy but especially now Iím far less annoyed with anything than Iíve been in a really long time. If you come through a situation that changes your perspective you become less interested in dealing with peopleís BS. What you said was BS so I pointed it out. If I post a bunch of baiting BS, someone should call me on my crap, too. Thatís all.

Why does ďcubs suck dickĒ have to be a homophobic statement? Seems like quite the stretch in a moral police sort of way.

I love how KB should just be cool with the Cubs delaying his mega contract because it was in the team's best interest

Why does ďcubs suck dickĒ have to be a homophobic statement? Seems like quite the stretch in a moral police sort of way.
    Didnít think Iíd be having this conversation today, but I guess you never know what youíll need to explain to someone. This is a good explanation that I lifted off a website that says it better than I would have said it.

We need to stop using **********/sucking dick as an insult. We need to stop equating abuse with pleasure. And we need to stop comparing despicable people with a loving act often enjoyed between two men. I have yet to hear a cisgender straight man complain about a woman sucking ****. Yet men are quick to call other men cocksuckers like itís a bad thing. Women are guilty of this too. The insult is rooted in homophobia, as if the act of one man sucking another manís penis is something awful and as if the man sucking said penis is deserving of negativity and degradation.

Iím not really sure where to go from there. If you donít see how insulting men by calling them dick suckers is homophobic, I canít help you Dawk.

Didnít think Iíd be having this conversation today, but I guess you never know what youíll need to explain to someone. This is a good explanation that I lifted off a website that says it better than I would have said it.

We need to stop using **********/sucking dick as an insult. We need to stop equating abuse with pleasure. And we need to stop comparing despicable people with a loving act often enjoyed between two men. I have yet to hear a cisgender straight man complain about a woman sucking ****. Yet men are quick to call other men cocksuckers like itís a bad thing. Women are guilty of this too. The insult is rooted in homophobia, as if the act of one man sucking another manís penis is something awful and as if the man sucking said penis is deserving of negativity and degradation.

Iím not really sure where to go from there. If you donít see how insulting men by calling them dick suckers is homophobic, I canít help you Dawk.
    Maybe I missed something. Iím not sure how you apply gender to the entity known as the Chicago Cubs? Saying the Cubs suck dock isnít something I view as homophobic, personally. Saying Kris Bryant does, for example, I would understand.

Maybe I missed something. Iím not sure how you apply gender to the entity known as the Chicago Cubs? Saying the Cubs suck dock isnít something I view as homophobic, personally. Saying Kris Bryant does, for example, I would understand.
    Well every single player, coach, and prominent front office member in the history of the Cubs has been a man. So if we are talking about the Cubs ďsucking dickĒ due to poor performance on the field, we are talking about men sucking dick as an insult. Are you being serious with this?

Plus the comment in question from thawv wasnít that the ďCubs suck dickĒ it was about the ďdick sucking apologistsĒ here, so he was talking about other people on this board, not the Cubs. Heís apologized, but thatís clearly a homophobic comment and to argue otherwise is delusional.

Well every single player, coach, and prominent front office member in the history of the Cubs has been a man. So if we are talking about the Cubs ďsucking dickĒ due to poor performance on the field, we are talking about men sucking dick as an insult. Are you being serious with this?

Plus the comment in question from thawv wasnít that the ďCubs suck dickĒ it was about the ďdick sucking apologistsĒ here, so he was talking about other people on this board, not the Cubs. Heís apologized, but thatís clearly a homophobic comment and to argue otherwise is delusional.
    While I don't disagree the baiting is annoying (in fact it makes the forum unreadable imo) and that comments like that aren't my cup of tea, I think context and intent are more important than whatever homophobia might be rooted in the expression. That is, I don't think Thawv's use of the words in this context were meant to say anything one way or another about gay people. So while it's certainly not the most sensitive thing to say, I wouldn't say the use of the expression is inherently homophobic.

I do think his apology comes across completely disingenuous. With that, I agree 100%.

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast