Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Serious question. Can we not give Big Z a call? Sitting 97-98.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Serious question. Can we not give Big Z a call? Sitting 97-98.
    I would bet that velocity is a huge exaggeration. I doubt he is throwing that hard, on a regular basis. Besides that, he is not even pitching well in that weak *** league. I would hope we can do better than a 38 year old pitcher who has been out of the majors since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Heyman was just on the SCORE saying he doesn't expect to see Zobs play again this year. He said, "I wouldn't count on it."
    So he came back just to play a few minor league games, or did he just now decide this? Does Heyman have a source or is it just his opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So he came back just to play a few minor league games, or did he just now decide this? Does Heyman have a source or is it just his opinion?
    Yep, this sounds strange to me. Not sure what Heyman knows. If he does not come back it will be because he does not feel right at the plate or he feels he is done. Otherwise, why the hell would he even be trying now if the intent was not to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    If they're jammed up for a roster spot and won't option Wick or Ryan, it's not 100% crazy to think they might just pull the plug on Strop and DFA him if he's healthy and still pitching so poorly. Big-boy time and all that.
    To me the most likely scenario would be someone has arm fatigue and goes to the IL. Maybe Strop again. The second most likely is the Cubs DFA Holland. Of the other two idea people are tossing out, sending Wick or Ryan down, or DFA Strop, I am not sure which is least likely. To me each has less than a 5% chance of happening. If I had to choose the least likely, however, it would be the Cubs DFA Strop.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    He just said that he's hearing or he's being told type of source

Is anybody else at the point where they expect Kimbrel to give up at least 1 run every time he takes the mound?

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    He just said that he's hearing or he's being told type of source
    Maybe problems at home, how he feels, and joining the team this late is not sitting well with him. Hate to see him go out like this.

I would not be surprised one bit if he gets a job with the Cubs organization once retired. Would like to see that

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .556AVG/.606OBP/.815SLG/1.421OPS/8RBIs/0 Dingers

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Is anybody else at the point where they expect Kimbrel to give up at least 1 run every time he takes the mound?
    I don't expect him to give up at least a run but I do expect him not to have a clean inning every time.

Probably only the negative people. I would think most of the people who are not negative do not EXPECT him to give up at least 1 run every time he pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I would bet that velocity is a huge exaggeration. I doubt he is throwing that hard, on a regular basis. Besides that, he is not even pitching well in that weak *** league. I would hope we can do better than a 38 year old pitcher who has been out of the majors since 2012.
    If he's hit 97-98, sure, send him to Iowa or something.

The HR rate should come way down.
    The BB rate probably won't come down much, if at all.

I suspect we'll be reliving the Carlos Marmol Experience with Kimbrel way more than we'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Probably only the negative people. I would think most of the people who are not negative do not EXPECT him to give up at least 1 run every time he pitches.
    Iím sure even ďpositiveĒ people can see that he has an ERA of 7. Heís been objectively trash.

I wouldnít feel comfortable with him coming into a 1 run game. How many saves/games has he ruined already?

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    The HR rate should come way down.
    The BB rate probably won't come down much, if at all.

I suspect we'll be reliving the Carlos Marmol Experience with Kimbrel way more than we'd like to.
    I agree with you, I donít think that this is just a case of him working his way back.

I think heíll be an effective closer but I donít think heís worth his price tag.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast