Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Ive often wondered what positive regression means. Does that mean if a team goes 3-7 on the road, they will go 5-5 in the next block of 10 road games
    Just means that they'll slide back to the norm eventually. The Cubs aren't the worst road team ever like they're playing.

Think of it this way; if you flip a coin, it's 50/50. It's possible if you flip a coin 20 times, it'll come up heads 15 of them. That's well shy of 50/50. Of you flip it another 20 times, regression to the mean is that you'll probably be closer to 50/50. Keep flipping and eventually you'll see another 15/5 split in there where it's tails. Flip enough and you'll be at 50/50 again on the whole.

Same with the Cubs on the road. They'll eventually be fine. There's no jinx. Just have to hope that "eventually be fine" happens sooner.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Just means that they'll slide back to the norm eventually. The Cubs aren't the worst road team ever like they're playing.

Think of it this way; if you flip a coin, it's 50/50. It's possible if you flip a coin 20 times, it'll come up heads 15 of them. That's well shy of 50/50. Of you flip it another 20 times, regression to the mean is that you'll probably be closer to 50/50. Keep flipping and eventually you'll see another 15/5 split in there where it's tails. Flip enough and you'll be at 50/50 again on the whole.

Same with the Cubs on the road. They'll eventually be fine. There's no jinx. Just have to hope that "eventually be fine" happens sooner.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Actually I have changed my mind.

Might watch neither, that is awful.......

Can we leave the Bears talk to that forum please?

Eagles suck

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Billy Hamilton DFAd
    I'm surprised it took this long. He's absolutely trash

https://twitter.com/mlbastian/status...699242498?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen a bullpen self-destruct over a 1 and a half season period like this:

-Edwards imploded
    -Morrow gets hurt
    -Strop gets hurt a bunch of times while imploding.
    -Monty wanted out while pitching like trash.
    -Barnette pitches an inning then literally goes AWOL
    -Brach has been consistently very good for many years but implodes the moment he puts on a Cubs uni.
    -Now Cishek and Kintzler hurt.
    -Kimbrel comes, we stick him in the closer spot while he's still in Spring Training shape and stinks, then gets hurt.

On top of this, the offense completely broke in the 2nd half of last year, Almora has imploded, Happ imploded, Descalso imploded, Zobrist's life imploded, Russell beat his girl, and in grand irony Heyward, the biggest underachiever since 2016, is having a great year!

At this point this it's an organizational problem. The entire coaching staff, including trainers, doctors etc should be terminated and start with a clean slate. Maybe Theo too.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    For me I watch preseason games mainly just to see Rookies and position battles..

Ummmm..

I hope the bats do better the 2nd time through..

They looked awful the first time

Reason why cubs need a legit leadoff hitter or a more patience hitter (which they dont have) at the top.

Pitcher grooving thru 3 innings, 30 pitches giving up nothing and Heyward goes up there and rolls over on the first pitch for an easy grounder..

A regular leadoff hitter or patience hitter would go up there after 3 no hit no walk innings and only 30 pitches thrown and work the count a little..

Not just Heyward and I'm not picking on him, just everyone up there hacking at the first couple pitches and making easy outs

What are the pirates in the second half? Like 4-21 and Cubs hitters are getting mowed down again lol

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

No one this forum gives a **** about the the bears

Here we go, crooked number here

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast