Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Lineup is out:

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Lineup is out.

Baez in. Hitting 5th

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So we are against Random Bum tonight. He has a 4+ era this season but has not given up an earned run against us in x innings this season and has a < 2 era in x career starts against the Cubs. One of those weird pitchers who sucks against pretty much everyone else but dominates the Cubs...on the road
    Fixed.
    Last edited by TranZella; 08-16-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I responded to your expectation, not your hope.

To be perfectly clear, expect whatever youíd like. Who knows what will happen, itís baseball. Iím just pointing out that for all of our frustrations the Pirates have been so much worse and the Cubs are heavy betting favorites. The Cubs are more likely than not to have a good weekend. Weíll see if that actually happens.
    Itís baseball, anything can happen, but thereís no reason to expect the Cubs will get swept or lose this series other than extreme pessimism.
    To me, it's pretty obviously you think I am without hope against the Pirates. My response was that I have very little hope. Recent trends are saying the Cubs probably are not going to beat the Pirates, no matter how bad they are.

Do I want the Cubs to buck the trend? Yes. Double digit road non-winning/losing streak says otherwise.

My .02$ and I done. Probably won't checked back unto after the game.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    To me, it's pretty obviously you think I am without hope against the Pirates. My response was that I have very little hope. Recent trends are saying the Cubs probably are not going to beat the Pirates, no matter how bad they are.Do I want the Cubs to buck the trend? Yes. Double digit road non-winning/losing streak says otherwise.

Recent trends are suggesting the Pirates wont beat the Cubs too. The point is someone has to win. And it is far more probable the Cubs win the series, even with how bad they have been on the road. I think that is all CP is trying to say. You cannot just look at one teams trend. You have to look at each team. As CP said, you can obviously think what you want. But just know suggesting the Cubs will get swept is a very pessimistic and not very realistic point of view. Sadly, you could be right. But there is a lot on the other side od the aisle to suggest you will not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by TranZella View Post
    Fixed.
    Thanks!

I've been waiting for positive regression on the road since the brewers series. Here's hoping it starts tonight

Cubs at Pirates IGT: Redemption Tour begins

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    To me, it's pretty obviously you think I am without hope against the Pirates. My response was that I have very little hope. Recent trends are saying the Cubs probably are not going to beat the Pirates, no matter how bad they are.

Do I want the Cubs to buck the trend? Yes. Double digit road non-winning/losing streak says otherwise.

You are looking at half a picture.

Whatever. If you want to be extremely pessimistic thatís fine. You do you. Itís baseball. Weíll see how it goes.

I really thought theyd wait til Monday or Tuesday to send Almora down, and I was expecting Zobrist to come up..
    I'm guessing it had more to do with needing a SS now with Baez hurting..
    Wondering now what theyll do next week as far as who will go down if their intentions are to bring Zobrist back before September.

I fully expect the Cubs not only win this series but to beat up the Pirates and sweep them..

I also expect the cubs to go on a run after this weekend and start playing 600 or better ball..

I know they look horrible now, but I'm looking ahead to Sept and expecting the guys from the pen that hurting now to be healthy and ready, the return of Zobrist to rejuvenate the players, Contreras returns to bring back some energy, and a schedule that not exactly tough..
    Brewers Cardinals Pirates and Reds for 22 of final 28 games, they're going to kick it into high gear and kick *** in September..

I'm surprise Russell not starting at 2B..

Good to see Baez and Heyward back

Russell should be in the lineup. Hate him all you want but Kemp is a worse player offensively and defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I really thought theyd wait til Monday or Tuesday to send Almora down, and I was expecting Zobrist to come up..
    I'm guessing it had more to do with needing a SS now with Baez hurting..
    Wondering now what theyll do next week as far as who will go down if their intentions are to bring Zobrist back before September.

I fully expect the Cubs not only win this series but to beat up the Pirates and sweep them..

I also expect the cubs to go on a run after this weekend and start playing 600 or better ball..

I know they look horrible now, but I'm looking ahead to Sept and expecting the guys from the pen that hurting now to be healthy and ready, the return of Zobrist to rejuvenate the players, Contreras returns to bring back some energy, and a schedule that not exactly tough..
    Brewers Cardinals Pirates and Reds for 22 of final 28 games, they're going to kick it into high gear and kick *** in September..
    I donít think Baez was hurt. I think he was just sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why bring Russell up if you're not going to start him? It makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    I've been waiting for positive regression on the road since the brewers series. Here's hoping it starts tonight
    Iíve often wondered what positive regression means. Does that mean if a team goes 3-7 on the road, they will go 5-5 in the next block of 10 road games

Depends on where Russell is and if they felt as though he'd be ready for game time.

Don't forget, they lost his **** to AAA. Probably didn't feel he'd be ready to start.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast