QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

If you guys think Cards fan are the most ungrateful you should check out the Laker forum.. Lol!!

I just donít understand how a guy could fall off that quick.. Maybe Carp is hurt? He does have a homer tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    No, nothing about it being ungrateful. Its seeing **** product on the field, knowing we extended him when he shouldn't have been extended and are playing him because he was extended.

I'm happy with the play of the team. Couldn't be happier that the pitching staff is over performing. But we count on that every year for the team to outperform what they are and then we get the same team the following year and have to listen to you Jeffy about how great they are, when they arent. The forums been dying for years. Its not because two guys are hugging Carps nuts while 3 or 4 others point out hey, he shouldn't be in the line up. He cant hit anymore, and it shows
    A **** FIRST PLACE product, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    A **** FIRST PLACE product, right?
    Lol yes, they are beating up on terrible teams. Let's wait

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I don't think that the Cardinals fanbase is ungrateful. Fans are profoundly frustrated with the team especially the front office. Fans are frustrated because players that are supposed to be integral to our success are just having terrible regressions or career slumps. Fans are upset that the team strikes out too much and leave too many men on base. Fans are upset that the starting rotation hasn't been great.

For a franchise that prides itself on a winning tradition (not winning seasons but playoff appearances, pennants, and WS titles), it has been falling short in many aspects. There are things that are out of the front office's control like player regressions and career slumps, but they have been slow to adjust. Fans are upset with the front office who did not make a move at the trade deadline to improve the ball club. Fans are frustrated because about $50m are tied in bad contracts and free agents pass over the Cardinals which led to those bad contracts. The front office is making the effort with Goldschmidt but the front office needs to go out of their comfort zone in either spending or trading away talent to improve the club.

Carpenter has been a clear metaphor of the Cardinals situation and season as a whole, and I can see why fans, including myself, are critical of his play. Everyone wants Carp to succeed but he is basically a microcosm of the fans frustrations with the team. Player integral to the success who is slumping and can't seem to find a clear path back to past success. Everyone wants to see Carp play like Carp of the past but the Carp today needs to get back to the roots of his success. Every ab is a frustration ab trying to do too much by pulling the ball and beat the shift when he needs to ditch trying to be a power hitter and get back to hitting to all fields.
    Last edited by cards7; 08-17-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    I don't think that the Cardinals fanbase is ungrateful. Fans are profoundly frustrated with the team especially the front office. Fans are frustrated because players that are supposed to be integral to our success are just having terrible regressions or career slumps. Fans are upset that the team strikes out too much and leave too many men on base. Fans are upset that the starting rotation hasn't been great.

For a franchise that prides itself on a winning tradition (not winning seasons but playoff appearances, pennants, and WS titles), it has been falling short in many aspects. There are things that are out of the front office's control like player regressions and career slumps, but they have been slow to adjust. Fans are upset with the front office who did not make a move at the trade deadline to improve the ball club. Fans are frustrated because about $50m are tied in bad contracts and free agents pass over the Cardinals which led to those bad contracts. The front office is making the effort with Goldschmidt but the front office needs to go out of their comfort zone in either spending or trading away talent to improve the club.

Carpenter has been a clear metaphor of the Cardinals situation and season as a whole, and I can see why fans, including myself, are critical of his play. Everyone wants Carp to succeed but he is basically a microcosm of the fans frustrations with the team. Player integral to the success who is slumping and can't seem to find a clear path back to past success. Everyone wants to see Carp play like Carp of the past but the Carp today needs to get back to the roots of his success. Every ab is a frustration ab trying to do too much by pulling the ball and beat the shift when he needs to ditch trying to be a power hitter and get back to hitting to all fields.
    Great post

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Just lost a series to a not so good team. This is what most cardinal fans have an issue with

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I'm not sure what your definition of "lost a series" is... with a win today, we split the series.

We can chalk up yesterday's loss to the cursed blue uniforms.

Flaherty on the bump today

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I'm not sure what your definition of "lost a series" is... with a win today, we split the series.
    My bad, thought it was a 3 game series. With Flaherty on the hill, I think we will split the series

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

In the last week, Carpenter has a .364 OBP and a .412 slugging.

Since coming back from his injury, he has a .375 OBP.

If he can sustain those kinds of numbers the rest of the way, then he should be in the lineup every day the rest of the year.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 08-18-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    In the last week, Carpenter has a .364 OBP and a .412 slugging.

Since coming back from his injury, he has a .375 OBP.

If he can sustain those kinds of numbers the rest of the way, then he should be in the lineup every day the rest of the year.
    Absolutely. We don't have anyone capable of putting up that kind of OBP... play the best players.

Yadi needs to apologize to every one of his team mates for that embarrassment.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast