Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2019 Preseason Games Thread

Sorry, I didn't get something up sooner guys. Had my vacation and then came home and got a sinus infection so I haven't felt up to much.

We will just use a general thread for the preseason games.

Defense hasn't looked that hot against the Ravens.

Shepherd looked pretty good on that first kick off return

Run game has been atrocious tonight. Line has looked bad. Bad start for Dexter Williams as well, fumble and a drop tonight.

This stuff is always hard to evaluate. Rodgers not playing doesnt help. Adams, bak and Bulaga don't play much, so that doesn't help. But really hasn't been a good look so far.

It's always bland in the preseason, but the offense doesn't look a whole lot different. Not a ton of pre snap movement or different types of route combos. They've added a few more in breaking, intermediate routes but that's about it. That's to be expected a little in the preseason, but it's definitely now quelling any concerns that the offense hasn't really gelled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It's always bland in the preseason, but the offense doesn't look a whole lot different. Not a ton of pre snap movement or different types of route combos. They've added a few more in breaking, intermediate routes but that's about it. That's to be expected a little in the preseason, but it's definitely now quelling any concerns that the offense hasn't really gelled yet.
    I'm just hoping they are keeping it simple for the preseason

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I'm just hoping they are keeping it simple for the preseason
    I'm guessing they probably are and they probably should, but it still makes me nervous as a fan. A decent amount of camp stories from the sessions open to the public havent been overly encouraging either.

Again, none of that means much, but it still make me nervous as a fan. Ultimately adding in Rodgers and Jones and more than just a series of bak, Bulaga, Linsley and adams makes even the vanilla version of this scheme much better. And we haven't really added in motions or anything, which is something I'm interested in. But with a first time HC who only called plays for 1 season, I do have concerns and nothing has really quelled those yet.

Yeah im starting to get a little nervous about the Lafleur hire. I know its just preseason but it certainly doesnt look like they moved forward from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Yeah im starting to get a little nervous about the Lafleur hire. I know its just preseason but it certainly doesnt look like they moved forward from last year.
    This is a little extreme for me. It's 2 preseason games with no Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    This is a little extreme for me. It's 2 preseason games with no Rodgers.
    I said im a little nervous, didnt say im giving up on the year.

Boyle didn't look good, Kizer was a touch better but, LaFleur and him seemed to but heads a bit.

Randy Ramsey looked good on Defense. Quick off the snap, seemed to be in on a lot of plays. was pushed out of the plays a few times but, looked good.

Sternberger just having some horrible luck, the concussion that kept him out for awhile then gets in gets a touchdown then gets hurt.