Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Yep, exactly this. Even if he were to rehab back to full health, can't really imagine a scenario where he has a positive impact on the court. He said he was fully healthy when he returned last season and look how much of a negative he was for Golden State. Lakers would be better off moving on and signing someone like Faried.
    He wasn't a negative for GS. Had he stayed healthy things may have ended very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He wasn't a negative for GS. Had he stayed healthy things may have ended very differently.
    He sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He sucked
    Regular season he had that run where he did alright but looking at his playoff numbers and wow. 39% FG, 25% 3PT, 64% FT, .477 TS%. 11 PER. negative Win Shares and a massive -5.3 OBPM.

I also remember him being very stiff and having a lot of trouble on pick and rolls and in space. I don't remember him playing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Regular season he had that run where he did alright but looking at his playoff numbers and wow. 39% FG, 25% 3PT, 64% FT, .477 TS%. 11 PER. negative Win Shares and a massive -5.3 OBPM.

I also remember him being very stiff and having a lot of trouble on pick and rolls and in space. I don't remember him playing very well.
    Remember tho, he got hurt game 2 4 minutes in round 1 and was out until the finals. Thatís not exactly easy to jump right back into. He also wasnít expected to make it back in time in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

He was terrible. He is a awful defender and he has convinced himself that he is a PG so he off sets all his natural offensive skills by turning it over or creating a mess every other time he touches the ball

He didn't suck for the Warriors in the regular season. He wasn't great but he was a net positive. He was never 100% though, and for the playoffs he was hurt.

Much will depend on weather the Lakers will apply for a "disabled player exception" in the following days... If they do, then one should expect the Cavs to agree on a contract buyout with Tristan Thompson and the Lakers to sign him out of free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Much will depend on weather the Lakers will apply for a "disabled player exception" in the following days... If they do, then one should expect the Cavs to agree on a contract buyout with Tristan Thompson and the Lakers to sign him out of free agency.
    Why should we expect the Cavs to buyout TT? To help Bron? Fat chance. Bron is the reason their stuck with his horrible contract. Their not gonna pay him to go away. Their gonna try and get value. They gain nothing buying him out now. Not unless TT gives up a boat load of money which I seriously doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Why should we expect the Cavs to buyout TT? To help Bron? Fat chance. Bron is the reason their stuck with his horrible contract. Their not gonna pay him to go away. Their gonna try and get value. They gain nothing buying him out now. Not unless TT gives up a boat load of money which I seriously doubt.
    He is expiring and not in their future plans... they'll gain a good amount out of his salary back and create cap space... If the Lakers will get that exception (which they should), then Thompson will make some money more than his contract.
    Last edited by buckalis; 08-16-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Demarcus Cousins hurts knee in Vegas - UPDATE: Shams reports torn ACL

He didn't suck for the Warriors in the regular season. He wasn't great but he was a net positive. He was never 100% though, and for the playoffs he was hurt.
    Heís not good at basketball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of his metrics contradict each other in terms of impact, so it's tough to say if he really helped the team or not. For example, the Warriors had a better Ortg with him off the court rather than on, which isn't super common for big men like him who get the majority of their shots at the rim. In addition, his ORPM and O-PIPM were in the negative, which isn't necessarily damning, but obviously not what you want.

On the other hand both of the defensive portions of these metrics rated him as a positive, and he had a healthy WS/48 paired with a solid TS% and AST%. I think the reality is that it would take more than the 30 games he played to have a firm grasp on exactly what kind of overall impact his presence had.

And then obviously in the playoffs they were better when he sat or had less minutes, but that's already been talked about a million times.

Once you get a major injury you keep getting it.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    He is expiring and not in their future plans... they'll gain a good amount out of his salary back and create cap space... If the Lakers will get that exception (which they should), then Thompson will make some money more than his contract.
    Why would TT give the Cavs a discount in a buyout? And even with the Disabled Player Exception it would just be a vet min they could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Once you get a major injury you keep getting it.
    No. It happens sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    A lot of his metrics contradict each other in terms of impact, so it's tough to say if he really helped the team or not. For example, the Warriors had a better Ortg with him off the court rather than on, which isn't super common for big men like him who get the majority of their shots at the rim. In addition, his ORPM and O-PIPM were in the negative, which isn't necessarily damning, but obviously not what you want.

On the other hand both of the defensive portions of these metrics rated him as a positive, and he had a healthy WS/48 paired with a solid TS% and AST%. I think the reality is that it would take more than the 30 games he played to have a firm grasp on exactly what kind of overall impact his presence had.

And then obviously in the playoffs they were better when he sat or had less minutes, but that's already been talked about a million times.
    The Warriors bench was really bad, Cousins was a significant upgrade to that horror show. He wasn't great by any means, but he was good for a minimum contract player, and would occasionally be much better. But he was never close to healthy so he could have been better this year.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast