Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Demarcus Cousins hurts knee in Vegas - UPDATE: Shams reports torn ACL

@wojespn
    Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins has suffered a possible knee injury and will undergo further testing today in Los Angeles, league sources tell ESPN. Cousins was working out in Las Vegas on Monday when he had to leave the court, sources said. He signed a one-year deal in July.

PAPI SMASH!

sigh.... i have loved this dude forever and the lakers really need him

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    sigh.... i have loved this dude forever and the lakers really need him
    Thats what you get when you sign "names".

PAPI SMASH!

Well....at least he wasn't bowling!

and he was on the verge of mediocity

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Hope itís not serious. Would be unfortunate for him to end his career early because of injuries.

Feel bad for the dude. One massive injury after another following the achilles.

Lakers wise I'm not sure what they were planning for him, but that teams best lineup will be AD at Center and Bron at PF, and frankly Cousins was no longer a good player, so this may be a good thing for them as far as on court implications go.

Every time AD claims to be a 4; a 5 must be lost. Sorry. Basketball gods deemed it necessary.

Even if I haven't ever been much of a Boogie fan, I legitimately feel awful for the guy. It was going to be interesting to see him play on a team with Lebron and AD.

His situation is reminding me an awful lot of what happened to Yao around the same time in his career. Big men in the NBA in the last 10-15 years really seem to struggle to stay on the court once they start having leg, foot and/or knee problems. Every time Yao came back, I knew it was just a matter of time before he was out again.

For Cousins' sake, I hope the guy can get over this and still have at least a few more solid seasons in his career. But if ultimately these repeated injuries keep happening, I wouldn't blame him if he ultimately retired early. Why keep putting yourself through the grind if you know you're not capable of staying on the court, and teams are too afraid to sign you to bigger contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Every time AD claims to be a 4; a 5 must be lost. Sorry. Basketball gods deemed it necessary.
    I feel bad I laughed at this

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Even if I haven't ever been much of a Boogie fan, I legitimately feel awful for the guy. It was going to be interesting to see him play on a team with Lebron and AD.

His situation is reminding me an awful lot of what happened to Yao around the same time in his career. Big men in the NBA in the last 10-15 years really seem to struggle to stay on the court once they start having leg, foot and/or knee problems. Every time Yao came back, I knew it was just a matter of time before he was out again.

For Cousins' sake, I hope the guy can get over this and still have at least a few more solid seasons in his career. But if ultimately these repeated injuries keep happening, I wouldn't blame him if he ultimately retired early. Why keep putting yourself through the grind if you know you're not capable of staying on the court, and teams are too afraid to sign you to bigger contracts?
    Yeah humans aren't even supposed to be 7', 300 lbs. Generally once their lower body starts going south, so does their career, amd eventually way of life. Sucks

I feel for Cousins but he is now an example of why the Pelicans were 100% correct to not sign him to a large contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I feel bad I laughed at this
    Me too... I was thinking: "will they call ...Mirotic back from Bercelona now"?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast